Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

Virtual Election '08

Who are you voting for? (votes are private)  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for? (votes are private)

• McCain/Palin
    • Obama/Biden
    • One of the independents
    • Not going to vote at all

Question

I thought it would be fun to hold a virtual election here on TGS. Cast your vote anywhere between now and Nov 4th. After that, the poll will close and we will see if out results match the Nation or not.

Make your vote count!

Beth

365 answers to this question

From virtual to the real thing. Got to my poll at 6:15 AM this morning and the place was already crowded. Been in the same district 21 years and have never seen anything close to the turnout this morning.

Please do others a courtesy. Make up your mind, and read the ballot before you vote. It is shameful to spend an inordinate amount of time in the booth reading or whatever while many are waiting in line to cast their ballots. If you haven't done your homework or can't figure out how to press some buttons, don't penalize those waiting. Casting a ballot should take less than 30 seconds.

I just voted for Nader. You righties arent going to blame me if Obama wins and su*ks as a President LOL

But really i'm Going to vote now. Good luck America, who ever wins I hope they go to the middle where most of America is

haha...ive been working the phone on an ex-girlfriend who now lives in Pennsylvania who "didn't know if she had time to vote..." She's an Obama supporter ( i guess in principle?) anyways,told her that if she voted, took a pic of the voting stub and texted me the "proof" that I would build her a new shoe closet. She agreed. Waiting for the proof now. Man, what a guy will do to help bring about some change in this country!

haha...ive been working the phone on an ex-girlfriend who now lives in Pennsylvania who "didn't know if she had time to vote..." She's an Obama supporter ( i guess in principle?) anyways,told her that if she voted, took a pic of the voting stub and texted me the "proof" that I would build her a new shoe closet. She agreed. Waiting for the proof now. Man, what a guy will do to help bring about some change in this country!

Finally a bribe offered that I trust will be lived up to.

This is not pretty.

And now the other guy (the panther polling overseeing guy) that has a right to be there is saying something like the press can't be where they are?. what is rules on that? :confused:

Showing the actual video now of them shaking nightstick and closing rank...

This is bs that they standing right in middle of entry..

oh and the reporter says legally they (the press) can be within 10' .

While he interviewing the panther that is allowed to be there hear people campaigning by yelling "Obama' in background. What a travisty!!!!!!! >:(

Get out there and cast your ballot! Take an umbrella if it calls for rain. Take a book or something to read, take a snack, it may be a while. Just vote!

Beth

p.s. Obama/Biden 08!!!!!

Yeah, and if you're white, you may want to bring your guns because there may be some black panthers there blocking your path. You may have to defend yourself.

Can you imagine if some KKK members were standing outside a voting place with their garb on??? My goodness, how these racists are soooo anxious to get their guy in. Just like Colin Powell...it's all about race.

Edited by HotShot

Yeah, and if you're white, you may want to bring your guns because there may be some black panthers there blocking your path. You may have to defend yourself.

Can you imagine if some KKK members were standing outside a voting place with their garb on??? My goodness, how these racists are soooo anxious to get their guy in. Just like Colin Powell...it's all about race.

Hey the black panther are total a holes for doing that. F those idiots. I just got to say and I am not for apying reparations for slavery or anything like that. But you mention KKK, the blacks had to go through a lot to even be able to vote and really wasn't that long ago. Plus there has been many times since they got the right to vote that they have been hassled at voting places. I don't think any of us white people know what blacks have gone thru in the 1950's thru the 1980's. I know I wouldn't want to be at the back of the bus, there were separate bathrooms in some areas right up to the 70's.

I don't like how many blacks areas are ridden with crime etc etc , but a lot of very good, good family people, god fearing, hard working blacks that had to put up with a lot of sh*t in the past and I am not talking slavery

How would you like to be black in the 50's and spit on, beat up and killed. So since there's a couple A hole Black Panthers, that were taken away by the police, I don't see it as that big of a deal in the total picture history. The cops got him he's gone. I don't see why you are posting all over the place for one little incident when good blacks have been sh*t on many more times than you or I

All the above is coming from a guy (me) that is prejudice, not proud of it, but I am. I am just trying not to pass it on to my children

I'm not posting much the past couple days because Its gotten crazy and I had become one of the craziest posters about politics. I have to stop but so what there was a couple dumbas*ses panthers. Just something Rush can rant about and say thats why McCain lost, if he does lose

Plus you ever been to Philly, its a crazy town. Big Rant about nothing much Ant, you are starting to sound a little radical. Start calling you the Republican Rod LOL just kidding Rod & ant LOL, pretty funny thou

See ya Rod, I mean Ant...I'm cracking myself up lol

Edited by Jeff

Clearly, a desperate man. LMFAO! Enjoy the peace and prosperity that Obama will fight to restore to you and your family's life in the next few years. Your posts crack me up.... Keep em' coming!

Clearly, a desperate man. LMFAO! Enjoy the peace and prosperity that Obama will fight to restore to you and your family's life in the next few years. Your posts crack me up.... Keep em' coming!

Me desperate? HA HA... I'm not the one, nor my party, out in front of voting places with nightsticks trying to intimidate voters. Look in the mirror dude...

By the way, I don't rely on the gov't for my prosperity, you may, but I don't.

Hahah...sounds like one of my lines. To bad you are a liberal, you sound like a pretty cool/smart arse/ like me :D

Thats funny, I was thinking the same thing about you! Shall we cross the aisle?? :)

Wrong. I do. I was born before WWII and grew up in the 40s - married in 1958 (same wife more than 50 years). From L.A. In the deep south there was rampant discrimination, but "spit on...killed"? Huh? Not in most of the USA and never ever in my experience. You've been duped. Equality in employment and opportunity was the norm even back then. Top security clearance govt jobs (B-70 bomber) found me working side-by-side with intelligent, trained, and qualified blacks. Thoughts of spitting on or beating our friends never even crossed our minds. b/t/w, to use the silly current description, I am English-American and my wife is Swedish-American.

I will admit, however, that I am glad for one social program. I've been taking all the Soc Security retirement available to me for almost 6 years and will continue pecuniarily mugging you young ppl for what I hope is a long, long time. He he he.

Richard

The discrimination card - the poor pitiful card - both have been played to damn death.

The most discriminated against person in the country now is the white male for Pete's sake....unless you are a veteran. Affirmative Action has taken care of blacks (men & women), women and service members. The white average Joe Plumber is the screwed one of late. How many white males do you see on welfare? And honestly, in light of the bajillions of dollars that rap singers dump into their "bling" and "wheels" - THEY choose not to give to their poor put-upon brothers & sisters.

I grew up in the South - in a family that YES had slaves, yes had staff after slavery ended but my hell, it was a JOB, that paid in more ways than money.

Good grief.

Actually Joe Plumbers do very very well ! It is difficult For Average White Joe today but it will never be as difficult as being Average Black Eyed Joe Joe or Tyrhone the Plumber. Always having to deal with and underlying sentiment of Racism.

Racism between W&B was much better in the 70's and into the 80's. I saw and felt the change in the 90's and it blows today. Economics has put a hard hammer to the blacks and the inner cities. Whitey has been getting Richer and Blacky poorer