Sign in to follow this  
HotShot

Say NO to Gays!

Question

Important stuff coming up in the election. We have a proposition here in Cali that defines "Marriage between a man and a woman"; It's proposition 8 which I will be voting YES to.

61% of California's voted said YES to these exact words on a measure a couple years ago, but 4 San Fransisco judges decided that we were all wrong and overturned it. This time it will be put into our constitution here and they can't overturn it.

Vote "YES" on prop 8 if you are in California. Check your state and see if there is a similar measure. Let's restore and protect Marriage once and for all.

107 answers to this question

What if they were married, but no buttsecs allowed? Is it just the *** that is bad? What if that was taken out of the equation, just a hypothetical question.

I thought secs was needed to consummate (or finalize) the marriage? Kinda like getting a check for insurance. You can fill out all the paperwork you want, but until that money is in hand, it means nothing. So, you can say "I do" all you want, but until ....well, you know what happens after that.... it doesn't mean anything. Am I wrong?

Just signs EVERYWHERE....I think the silent majority in this issue is tired of being silent and taking the backseat on this issue. Let's just hope that it's a slap in the face of those judges tomorrow thinking they are God...

Protect Marriage, Vote Yes on 8 !!!

insanely entertaining?... what is more insane than judges legislating from the bench?

Give'em an inch they take a mile. It's just one dedicated right after another done away and replaced by social red tape hangng all about us in the name of doing good for the whole...Wife and I were just discussing another example in the doing away with homeschooling. Can't do it now even if ya wanted to without credentials.

Do not believe that your kids will not be taught things that your beliefs don't prescribe to. Do not believe that opting out will be there for you if you need it cause ya can't just pull your kids out of school these days. At what point does the opt out become a 'who cares? just teach them it cause we are within the law anyways' type of attitude? Why do we as parents have to be under a gun to act in order to prevent something that shouldn't be in a school in first place.. ***/anatomy is one thing, marriage another. Most any talk of such should be handled by ones church or at home as that is where it's roots are based.

We personally know of teachers placed under pressures from above to include certain teachings when it was not mandated. So called district choice or whatever. They refused and so their positions are always in jeopardy. That is a bunch of bs. General population doesn't hear all these cases. They are just there with no actual filings or grievances put forth. There is a reason the school association says prop 8 doesn't affect kids but yet they are extremely active to acheive a NO outcome..why is that?

Matt, from where you hail, you should be able to verify that the educational field/colleges in general are awash with lib minded agenda brainwashing younge Americans. I don't know, maybe nothing going on over yer way really ever effected you and yours' rights. Not gonna say such applies to ya cause I really don't know ya much so.. but the way I see many people to the left of me is that many don't miss a thing cause they never partook in first place and have nothing at stake. Can't miss what one never had in some cases. More time goes by and that is the only reason. Is an extreme passive stance very similar to parts of Europe. First it was guns in Frisco, next it be fishing the delta...or whatever really. It is not paranoia, IT IS FACT. The case of prop8 will be that eventually that thar gay marriage wedding over there will be a mandated fact taking place by way of no one being able to stop a rouge teacher from taking her whole class to a function she so chooses. Wouldn't want to tread on her rights now would we..

Edited by MMI Enterprises

Just signs EVERYWHERE....I think the silent majority in this issue is tired of being silent and taking the backseat on this issue. Let's just hope that it's a slap in the face of those judges tomorrow thinking they are God...

Protect Marriage, Vote Yes on 8 !!!

Question for ya Ant....What the heck was I supposed to do on my ballot as far as judges? .. Three were running unopposed. One I been in his court room a few times..LOL. can't say I cared much for him. :) ...don't think we votin on the ones in question though ..

Matt, from where you hail, you should be able to verify that the educational field/colleges in general are awash with lib minded agenda brainwashing younge Americans. I don't know, maybe nothing going on over yer way really ever effected you and yours' rights.

Hey Kevin, you know I've never said this to you, but I have always appreciated your passion for the way you do things!

Both on our our more 'trade-specific' forums, and now, in this political-social thread. Seriously dude, you are a man with a mission, and I like that. That you have your family's best interest at heart is honorable. I'm sure your a great dad,husband, and I'm sure your kids are bright, compassionate, loveable human beings. Hey man, we just disagree on, well, just about everything having to do with politcs and what approaches to social change that will best serve the future of our country (and animals..:)

I want my children to grow up to be tolerant, compassionate human beings first. Case in point on this Prop 8 business. I'm a straight 37 yr old guy who lives in Berkeley ( or Bezerkeley as you put it which, is a bit old, but funny nonetheless..) I drive a pick up truck. I own guns. I hunt. I live in the heart of the homosexual world (SF Bay Area), yet have never had a friend who was gay nor been threatened in any way by a a gay couple. So the gays want legal representation, equality? I'm fine with that! I do not teach or advocate in any way to my children a 'fear-based' ideology. The fear-based policies of the Bush administration have preached intolerance. BTW, I bashed the FOX NEWS in an earlier post, but felt bad afterwards since i had not turned to that channel in over 3 years. I found it on my Dish, and watched an hour of it tonight. Same big fat stupid anchors spouting the same intolerant fear-based sh#t that I remember the last time I tuned in. Now I know your smarter than most Kwvin, and I doubt that your highly informed political commentary is being generated in any overwhelming percentage from what you watch on your TV set. TV is the LAST place I look to receive an education on the state of my country. All joking aside though, is that Hannity guy the Antichrist? I mean, cuts everyone off, tries to beat up all of his guests that have any degree of opposing view points? I'm sure all of you educated social conservatives offering your political-views on this thread don't really watch this FOX sh&%t, do you? And yes, CNN is pretty slanted as well. I think they are both f'ing game shows!

Man, I really god derailed, its late and Im tired after a long day of deck stripping. Bottom line, you conservatives have gottne your shot at sorting things out for the past 8 years. That went well. Time for change. Hey I put my "country first". Thats why I'll be high-tailing it down to my polling station to vote Obama.

Bush was a pus%$y! I think we need a real man for the job this time around and thats Obama.

Bring it!

one of mine too. I've yelled the maIn tag line at top of lung on occassion even :)

thats funny kevin, i usually scream that out when i drive away, check in hand, from one of my nasty acrylic strip jobs! :)

Hey Kevin, you know I've never said this to you, but I have always appreciated your passion for the way you do things!

Both on our our more 'trade-specific' forums, and now, in this political-social thread. Seriously dude, you are a man with a mission, and I like that. That you have your family's best interest at heart is honorable. I'm sure your a great dad,husband, and I'm sure your kids are bright, compassionate, loveable human beings. Hey man, we just disagree on, well, just about everything having to do with politcs and what approaches to social change that will best serve the future of our country (and animals..:)

I want my children to grow up to be tolerant, compassionate human beings first. Case in point on this Prop 8 business. I'm a straight 37 yr old guy who lives in Berkeley ( or Bezerkeley as you put it which, is a bit old, but funny nonetheless..) I drive a pick up truck. I own guns. I hunt. I live in the heart of the homosexual world (SF Bay Area), yet have never had a friend who was gay nor been threatened in any way by a a gay couple. So the gays want legal representation, equality? I'm fine with that! I do not teach or advocate in any way to my children a 'fear-based' ideology. The fear-based policies of the Bush administration have preached intolerance. BTW, I bashed the FOX NEWS in an earlier post, but felt bad afterwards since i had not turned to that channel in over 3 years. I found it on my Dish, and watched an hour of it tonight. Same big fat stupid anchors spouting the same intolerant fear-based sh#t that I remember the last time I tuned in. Now I know your smarter than most Kwvin, and I doubt that your highly informed political commentary is being generated in any overwhelming percentage from what you watch on your TV set. TV is the LAST place I look to receive an education on the state of my country. All joking aside though, is that Hannity guy the Antichrist? I mean, cuts everyone off, tries to beat up all of his guests that have any degree of opposing view points? I'm sure all of you educated social conservatives offering your political-views on this thread don't really watch this FOX sh&%t, do you? And yes, CNN is pretty slanted as well. I think they are both f'ing game shows!

Man, I really god derailed, its late and Im tired after a long day of deck stripping. Bottom line, you conservatives have gottne your shot at sorting things out for the past 8 years. That went well. Time for change. Hey I put my "country first". Thats why I'll be high-tailing it down to my polling station to vote Obama.

Bush was a pus%$y! I think we need a real man for the job this time around and thats Obama.

Bring it!

Thanx for the compliments Matt... :)

Many of us have goals right now of bettering things or at least keeping a status quo without watching it all go down the tub so for most part all our moral fibers are generally in good standing around here at Tgs.

Specifically on the prop8 thing though... just know that for me it is not really 'fear-based' more than it is 'keeping things intact'. That said, nothing wrong with a little fear. For instance it has been said that 'fear keeps you alive and the absence of it is some sort of mental disfunction' (ref- RLT;Peck).

What it is is that I respect history in the context of how it made and keeps definitions of words and traditions and figures of speech, etc. The claiming of goobermint of the institution is not something I like to begin with and but so between it and the media it is no wonder why we now got confusion running amuck on what the real arguement is. Arguement is really much deeper at root level of basically being against the attempt at stealing the very word away from His-tory. For me it is not a thing 'against gays' or neccessarily 'for me'. It is more about History and keeping things intact for future. I luv gays as much as the next...well actually I can prove I probably luv them more than some others but that's another more personal story to do with helping them through conversion and hard times.

There are other words in the form of a union that give gays pretty much same bennefits as straight couples here in Cali without screwin with the word marriage. They got their own word and they can try for more benefits with it if not enough for them. As I hear, some the long term benefits like social security is moot due to fed law anyways. But yea I am not a fan of chipping away at the wrong rock..

Btw I rarely watch fox or listen to rush and all the personality/political leader based tests I ever take come out moderate. They call me fiscally conservative but socially moderate so I fit no real party.

I want to assure you that you can indeed raise tolerent, compassionate children regardless of how you vote tomorrow. Such is more about talking and loving them rather than exactly what we or others rub on them in way of everyday things. God has a way of gracing a family and individuals via the seeds cast. It isn't always that we're a product of our environments. All I got to do is look to my nearly 18 year old son to see it. He is one level headed loving kid even though I was robbed of a fair amount of time with him. I haven't made an evil one yet, knock on wood. Hey check it out you may appreciate this... my 9 mon old girl is truly an angel from somewhere else. With no basis but for where she came from she screamed bloody murder while I tried on Halloween masks.(bad daddy) She even screamed from witch hats and the political figure masks. Yup you guessed it though, the only one she did not scream from was the McCain mask. No joke...she is like calm and ultra sensitive compared to my boys when they were babies and a true innocent from heaven. I have to trust her judgement on the presidential race..haha :)

Nah Scott..it really more of a left coast, then a valley, then a mountain thang. Besides that we got northern lefty mountains and northern righty mountains way up north of me. Trust me, there are bastions of sanity mixed in among the insanity..yea it sounds counter intuitive for where I am at due to this being the capital but yup it true..we have ground right here. Then of course there is the whole college and college town issue..Many colleges like Berkely are insanity mills that many of us outside the wall poke fun at. We don't overly worry as we keep the walls in shape so they can't get out to wreck havoc on general population...lol

Hey we have strict borders for deer zones, why not for crazies. Actually they got a prop on the ballot for redistricting but I doubt it go through.

Edited by MMI Enterprises

Many colleges like Berkely are insanity mills that many of us outside the wall poke fun at. We don't overly worry as we keep the walls in shape so they can't get out to wreck havoc on general population...

whoops! The walls be a crumblin!

Nothing like an Obama victory to help restore international public opinion of our great country. May even match the gains we made after World War II. And to those of you confused about the word “international”, that is a reference to those other countries that are not located in the United States.

..likely a deep hole yer diggin in worring about what the rest of world thinks of us..

It gets us no where really except broker.

I really wonder if the industrialization/globalization we induced is bound to never see us reaping so much from the world as we have in past.

Nothing like an Obama victory to help restore international public opinion of our great country. May even match the gains we made after World War II. And to those of you confused about the word “international”, that is a reference to those other countries that are not located in the United States.

Taken from another forum:

"Leave it to a Brit to phrase things so eloquently...and perceptively:"

"You have to pinch yourself -

A Marxist radical who all his life has been mentored by, sat at the feet of, worshiped with, befriended, endorsed the philosophy of, funded and been in turn funded, politically promoted and supported by a nexus comprising black power anti-white racists, Jew-haters, revolutionary Marxists, unrepentant former terrorists and Chicago mobsters, is on the verge of becoming President of the United States.

And apparently it's considered impolite to say so."

- Melanie Philips, The Spectator (UK) 10/24/08"