Sign in to follow this  
HotShot

Say NO to Gays!

Question

Important stuff coming up in the election. We have a proposition here in Cali that defines "Marriage between a man and a woman"; It's proposition 8 which I will be voting YES to.

61% of California's voted said YES to these exact words on a measure a couple years ago, but 4 San Fransisco judges decided that we were all wrong and overturned it. This time it will be put into our constitution here and they can't overturn it.

Vote "YES" on prop 8 if you are in California. Check your state and see if there is a similar measure. Let's restore and protect Marriage once and for all.

107 answers to this question

Important stuff coming up in the election. We have a proposition here in Cali that defines "Marriage between a man and a woman"; It's proposition 8 which I will be voting YES to.

61% of California's voted said YES to these exact words on a measure a couple years ago, but 4 San Fransisco judges decided that we were all wrong and overturned it. This time it will be put into our constitution here and they can't overturn it.

Vote "YES" on prop 8 if you are in California. Check your state and see if there is a similar measure. Let's restore and protect Marriage once and for all.

Its a shame that states even have to through this stuff. Leave marriage alone. I am married and its very special to me that I am. I'm proud of the word married. They should not mess with it at all. Its how its been from the beginning...Man & Women

Maybe give them cival union at most, just leave marraige alone

I agree Jeff. Wow...we agree on something :)

I always wondered why God had to put things like Lev 20:15 in the Bible... "And if a man lie with a beast, he shall surely be put to death: and ye shall slay the beast." But when perversion is rampant like it is nowadays, I see the reason.

This is a non issue - marriage is a recognized business partnership under the law. That being said - State law accepts marriage ceremonies performed in churches and temples as consumation of this business partnership. This is one of the last 'privileges' folks have - is to consumate their marriage under the law without all the rigamarole of setting up a typical business. You don't have to set up business accounts...liability insurance...set up a J-corp status...yet when you want to 'dissolve' said marriage - you get all the legal perks that is due all businesses in splitting up assets and responsibilities. Not a bad deal!

So all that being said - it's as simple as this - if you don't like gays - don't let them get 'married' in your church or temple. Don't let it be recognized under 'your' faith or your God/Gods. But as a legitimately recognized business partnership - who cares if they get married. That's just a matter of them acquiring certain rights such as medical benefits - having spousal recognition in hospitals - and whatever other perks that are delegated to marriages under the law. This is basically the dichotomy of marriage - the Religious marriage vs. the business entity of marriage.

Personally don't give a rat's pattooty - I love my gay customers - can you picture the effeminate tastes of a woman with the wallet spending power of a man? Picture that for just a one moment. Man I make so much dang money when I get interior painting projects from gay men. I love it. They know I don't give a hoot's F'ing monkey bowl butt about their sexual preference - just that their money is green. And they spend for the very very very best work. I say let 'em all get married - I would be one happy interior painter with tons of gay clients. I have noticed that the gay women are kinda cheap......haven't figured that yet?

This is a non issue - marriage is a recognized business partnership under the law. That being said - State law accepts marriage ceremonies performed in churches and temples as consumation of this business partnership. This is one of the last 'privileges' folks have - is to consumate their marriage under the law without all the rigamarole of setting up a typical business. You don't have to set up business accounts...liability insurance...set up a J-corp status...yet when you want to 'dissolve' said marriage - you get all the legal perks that is due all businesses in splitting up assets and responsibilities. Not a bad deal!

So all that being said - it's as simple as this - if you don't like gays - don't let them get 'married' in your church or temple. Don't let it be recognized under 'your' faith or your God/Gods. But as a legitimately recognized business partnership - who cares if they get married. That's just a matter of them acquiring certain rights such as medical benefits - having spousal recognition in hospitals - and whatever other perks that are delegated to marriages under the law. This is basically the dichotomy of marriage - the Religious marriage vs. the business entity of marriage.

Personally don't give a rat's pattooty - I love my gay customers - can you picture the effeminate tastes of a woman with the wallet spending power of a man? Picture that for just a one moment. Man I make so much dang money when I get interior painting projects from gay men. I love it. They know I don't give a hoot's F'ing monkey bowl butt about their sexual preference - just that their money is green. And they spend for the very very very best work. I say let 'em all get married - I would be one happy interior painter with tons of gay clients. I have noticed that the gay women are kinda cheap......haven't figured that yet?

I could have not said it better gays have nothing to do with my married so if they want let them have it.

For me it doesn't matter if they gay or they just hoodwinking the system in business partnership, as Dan mentions, for to gain the same advantages offered to certain people(a man and a woman)....NOBODY has right to force down the throat of the majority or the minority a sudden definition change of a historical word. Is a cryin shame to go stealing and making something your own that doesn't belong to you. Theives!! Go get yer own word!, Go get yer own advantage!.

Looks like we agree eh Jeff?

YES ON 8!!

Marriage is business no matter how you look at it so why does it matter man and man or women and women. I will say this I see that gay marriege has not harmed my relationship with my wife if you see that gay marriage is wrong sorry see that becuase they are human also looking for love just like us I have seen gay relationships last longer that others. I not trying to put down away church but come we have other problems then fight over gay straight marriages like goverment debt that is out controll what dead horse do you want to keep beating it is. Lets put this way let the gays have the marriage get them to help fight the tax problems I say.

Marriage is sacred between man & women. I take it very seriously. I waited 40 years to get married. I almost married 2 other times, but I felt it wasn't right and I didn't want to do it just to get divorced a few years later. I wanted to get married once and have that partner forever. Whether its sacred in god, common practice or in the billions of peoples eyes over the centuries its always been sacred between & man & women. Not two of the same *** relationship

Courts quite often go by past cases to make decisions, go back thousands of years and Marriage has been between man & women.

As for the business crap, thats BS, they want bennies, they want some legal document give them one, just not a marriage license.

You know something people/gays just have to push & push on this, why not go against the grain of millions & billions of people. Give me a break everyone knows marriage is between MAN & WOMEN

I say the hell with them. I f you make it alright for them to marry it makes it alright in many eyes. What about our children, its like telling our children its OK to be gay and it isn't, its not normal. If one of my children ended up gay I would love them but doesn't mean I would want them to try to convert my other children. We make everything alright in this country its not alright its all wrong for two same *** people to be Married.

Its like what if in a thousand years every one is gay......in a hundred plus years there would be population because no children will be born

I know I am going a little extreme but MARRIAGE is a very important thing. in MY eyes, leave it alone and they the gays would have a better shot at getting civil unions

Just a shame, it really is

I am not saying I'm for it but lets put thing into perspective concerning some issues. How long did it take Women to get the right to Vote ? How long for Blacks to do anything?What about the Equal Rights Amendment? One of the meanings of Marriage is a combination of a King & Queen from the same suit ?V.P. **** Cheney says the same freedoms for everyone and his daughter doesn't like her fathers first name ****.

"What profit a man to gain the whole world yet lose his own soul"

It's a moral issue. It is wrong! If you want to hop in bed with them I won't sit back and say well its their deal and thats what they do. I will tell you that you are WRONG!!! Keep turning a blind eye to these issues and see if God does not judge the U.S. for it. I think he has already started!

If gay marriage passes it will be a one generation "fad". As a long time LEO in a major population area I spent a lot of time on domestic calls with gays. Talk about a circus,, trust me..LOL...They don't have the stomach,,the money or patience for the divorce court system. Yea they will all run out and "get married" because it looks cool and they "can".....once!! They switch partners like you change shoes. When they see the "hoops" you have to go through and the money involved to get divorced as well as figure out family court WILL NOT put up with any "drama momma's",,it will be a one generation "fad". It will work out for a few but most of them are bottom feeders working down at the mall and don't and won't ever have enough to fight over to justify the cost and aggravation of divorcing just to say "they were married". There is no benefit in it for 99% of them anyway. I don't believe in it myself either but don't let it get your shorts in a bunch. I view it more of a "meter" of the Ultra Libs just trying to see how far they can push their agenda. Whats got the Democratic party screwed up is they started catering to the black vote which then carried over to every ostracized weirdo faction in the country just for a "vote". Now the patients have taken over the asylum and the GOP is starting to do the same thing. A third party and term limits is all that is going to fix this type of crap or we might as well drink the Kool Aid and kiss the good O'l USA goodbye,,,get ready to start driving 3 cylinder cars and spending euro's.

there is nothing wrong with two women wanting to be together, as long as it is under male supervision:lgjump:

nice!!!

Edited by Scott Stone

If we agree to let gays get married... In a few years we will have to let people marry the pets, cars, money, whatever you can think of... so I say we need to draw the line with one man one woman!!!! that was the way my God planed it to be... I have and ideal we can send all the gay men to a island by there self and and all the gay women to another island and in about 80 years the will all be wiped out cause the cant reproduce by thereselves!!!... once again Evolution proved wrong!!!! if being gay was so "natural" then why havent they evolved enough to reproduce what good is a race of people who cant reproduce!!!! they are not born that way, it is not a disease it is LUST!! they make me SICK!!!

Come people who realy cares if they get marrie or not marriege is joke in this country anyway devorce rates are higher in this country then any other country. Gays are humans wanting the same rights to be married as everyone else but you can not see that church has brain washed you thinking that it is wrong hate to tell you that gays were around long time. Have you read marriege licesence does not say man and women on it it is simple contract. If the christains want there marriege back so bad take away from goverment

Come people who realy cares if they get marrie or not marriege is joke in this country anyway devorce rates are higher in this country then any other country. Gays are humans wanting the same rights to be married as everyone else but you can not see that church has brain washed you thinking that it is wrong hate to tell you that gays were around long time. Have you read marriege licesence does not say man and women on it it is simple contract. If the christains want there marriege back so bad take away from goverment

Ummmmm. Marriage is biblical. By your statement I would say you want marriage then come over to the Christian side of the world. When in doubt shout it out...Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve!!!

You are right marriage is a joke to many people, people getting married 4,5, 6 times, get married for a month or two and end it. BUT Marriage is NOT A JOKE to me and as long as I can go back in history its been between MAN & WOMEN.

I am far from religious, not a great christain at all, its just how I feel about marriage I do take it seriously. Why can't they just leave it alone and take the damn civil union or something.

I care! Blind people may want to drive, but guess what, they can't. People under the age of 21 can't drink alcohol. People under the age of 18 can't vote (unless Nobama's pet project, ACORN registers you). I'm with Russ...they can choose to be with whomever they like, nobody is stopping them, but they are not qualified to be married. Marriage is between a man and a woman.

Another thing that burns me up about it is the fact that they are so selfish that they couldn't care less how they hurt the children involved. Studies have proven over and over again that kids do much better with a FATHER and a MOTHER in the house.

The fact that not every opposite-secks couple will have children doesn’t change anything. Marriage creates, by design, the environment in which children will grow up. We shouldn’t intentionally create a parenting model that is inadequate to raise healthy children. But that’s what happens when we endorse same-secks marriage.

Marriage and family construct culture. As the building blocks of civilization, families are logically prior to society as the parts are prior to the whole. Bricks aren’t the result of the building because the building is made up of bricks. You must have the first before you can get the second.

That’s why government protects and privileges opposite-secks marriages and families. They provide tax incentives, inheritance rights, and other advantages to protect families that produce the next generation and create civilization itself. No society, in all of human history, has ever granted these privileges and protections to same-secks couples. Doing so is a social experiment that uses children as guinea pigs.

So all that being said - it's as simple as this - if you don't like gays - don't let them get 'married' in your church or temple. Don't let it be recognized under 'your' faith or your God/Gods

Here's what happens in that instance. The gay couple that wants to get married at so and so church is denied. They sue the church for discrimination. Eventually it will come to a preacher being charged for "hate speech" when he tells a homosexual couple that they are sinning and it is an abomination to God. We're not far from there.

Another comment I want to add. "if you don't like gays" That is not the issue at all. As Christians we are told to love our neighbors, period. It's not that we don't "like gays". People that do harm to others, for whatever reason, under the name of religion are WRONG. They are not following the teachings of the Bible if they do this. However, we still don't condone sin. Homosexuality is sin. We don't support their lifestyle by awarding them a benefit (marriage) ordained by God when they are not qualified for this title. It's as simple as that.

I care! Blind people may want to drive, but guess what, they can't. People under the age of 21 can't drink alcohol. People under the age of 18 can't vote (unless Nobama's pet project, ACORN registers you). I'm with Russ...they can choose to be with whomever they like, nobody is stopping them, but they are not qualified to be married. Marriage is between a man and a woman.

Another thing that burns me up about it is the fact that they are so selfish that they couldn't care less how they hurt the children involved. Studies have proven over and over again that kids do much better with a FATHER and a MOTHER in the house.

The fact that not every opposite-secks couple will have children doesn’t change anything. Marriage creates, by design, the environment in which children will grow up. We shouldn’t intentionally create a parenting model that is inadequate to raise healthy children. But that’s what happens when we endorse same-secks marriage.

Are you saying all the single mothers or father not good parents or are you saying both parent do better job raising child. Sorry but I have seen single parent do better job raising a child then having both straight parent and I have seen gay parent do better job raising open mind child so what is better. I think I would like to have child that does not hate everyone is open to change then to close mind child that see gays as wrong want to ship them off to island live.

I'm saying exactly what I said. :)

There are decades of tests available for you to do research if you like. It's proven that children do best when they are raised by their biological mother and father. For example, studies show that fatherless children suffer from higher incidents of mental illness, educational failure, substance abuse, criminal behavior, sexual abuse, and other problems.

Just because YOU have seen something different, doesn't change the years and years of tests that prove otherwise. Nobody is saying we should ship gays off to some island, well, at least I'm not saying that. I'm saying that gays are not qualified to have the honor of being married because of their choice of lifestyle. It's bad for children and bad for society to support such a harmful culture.