Sign in to follow this  
ls1cameric

Ready to buy my power washer but need advice.

With what I could tell it is a great buy. An already setup PW rig. Dont have to mount anything just hook it on to your truck and you are ready to go. What is your time worth to fab and bolt and drill and so on when you get by the piece.

Gene, I think Cameric doesnt have a clue what he wants. A rusted out tool box, big deal. It can be replaced, cheap. 3500.00 for what you have is a good buy, not a steal, buy a good buy. My thoughts are buy over and you can scale back. You can never scale up. That seems like the perfect starter machine. To me hot water is a must, more versatile than cold alone. I think he was in poor taste to calling you out and complaining.

This is just my opinion, but you were being foolish. It might have looked dirty and like it needed work, but even if you spent a grand getting it in shape you would have been money ahead. Since you are starting out, I would think you would be more interested in having some crisis money set aside to overcome potential problems, buy insurance, unintended repairs that could very well happen with a new machine, or to have a few xtra bucks for that one piece of equipment that could possibly have put you over the top. Let alone taking into consideration the time and effort it takes to set up a trailer for the first time. It hurts to be new in any business, because nearly everyone misspends money on start up. I wish you luck, but please do not think tha you totally understand this business if you have not already been involved in it. It is a different animal.

5.6gpm-18hp hot unit, tank, reels/hoses, surfacer, etc. all mounted on a 14' tandem for $3500....I do believe someone made a mistake.

p.s. - How I'd view it:

unit-$1700-$2500

tank- $150

reels/hoses- $250

surfacer- $200-$500

trailer- $500-$1200

all setup- $700

tot. $3500-$5300

Edited by MMI Enterprises

5.6gpm-18hp hot unit, tank, reels/hoses, surfacer, etc. all mounted on a 14' tandem for $3500....I do believe someone made a mistake.

p.s. - How I'd view it:

unit-$1700-$2500

tank- $150

reels/hoses- $250

surfacer- $200-$500

trailer- $500-$1200

all setup- $700

tot. $3500-$5300

Exactly. All the setups ive come across in my area are in the 5000 range and even with less equipment.

Trailer with room to grow and all the basics, reels, surfacer, hot machine, tank and a bunch of free add ons. Nothing wrong with that even if it did need some minor work such as belts, fluids, tires and such.

Thanks guys.......I had to get the truth out......Also he forgot to mention Brand new Kohler Command Pro replaced 1 year ago and at the same time Hypro severe duty pump rebuilt at the same time.maybe 40 hrs since...........Im done and vindicated......

Edited by Lightning Gene

Here would be a similarly good deal that may go for $3k on my end of the country:

TRAILER MOUNTED PRESSURE WASHER - eBay (item 170274494760 end time Nov-05-08 14:13:49 PST)

ps- Here ya go. Freight this one to your local dock and stick on a trailer: http://cgi.ebay.com/landa-pressure-washer-platium-series-16-hp_W0QQitemZ260304614602QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item260304614602&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A7%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Edited by MMI Enterprises

Wow.. You guys were quick to Gene's defense without seeing this rig in person or the actual condition of his equipment. I would have spent an entire day just cleaning the spiderwebs and junk off of everything. Not to mention having to trash half of the stuff because it was in such poor condition.

But hey, to each his own right?

I'm VERY happy with my decision to not buy it and have been practicing with the machine I did purcahse. It's a new cold water unit I got from Bob at PT and it's more than enough for residential and wood restoration which is my main focus. I even bought a new surfacer and trailer without holes in the floor or completey rusted out matierals!

Good luck to you on saling your rig Gene! ;)