Sign in to follow this  
Vince Wood

Caused An Accident Last Night

Here is a bizarre story......

I was going from one store to another last night. I got to the next store and realized I was missing a very important part of the machine. I was missing 200' of blue non marking hose and my gun.

I had a stainless steel hydrotek reel on. The base of it was still there though, it broke at the pipe where it goes into the base of it where the swivel connects.

I went back to see if I could find it and on the offramp I found a new Dodge Charger, the cops and a tow truck looking to see how they were gonna get the hose out from underneath the car. It damaged the bumper on it and you could clearly tell it was mine.

Needless to say I went to my shop and got my spare hose reel and another 150' of hose and went back to work. Has anyone else ever had something like this happen to them?

Vince Wood

Diamond Bar, Ca

562-331-0301

I thought for a second about going back and telling them it was mine lol. The cost of 200' of hose and a gun is just as much as the hose reel itself. Bad thing is that I have an identical one sitting right next to it.

Hydrotek has already been in contact with me regarding this but we're playing phone tag right now.

Vince Wood

Diamond Bar, Ca

562-331-0301

I lost a 300 foot feed hose reel off the back of my trailer once. As soon as I noticed it, I went the three miles that I travelled and it had already disappeared. Things are bolted down much better now...

I thought for a second about going back and telling them it was mine lol. The cost of 200' of hose and a gun is just as much as the hose reel itself. Bad thing is that I have an identical one sitting right next to it.

Hydrotek has already been in contact with me regarding this but we're playing phone tag right now.

Vince Wood

Diamond Bar, Ca

562-331-0301

So you didnt claim it?? Isnt that like a hit and run kinda. Your property caused their property damage. Maybe im missreading your post.

I was going from one store to another last night. I got to the next store and realized I was missing a very important part of the machine. I was missing 200' of blue non marking hose and my gun.

I had a stainless steel hydrotek reel on. The base of it was still there though, it broke at the pipe where it goes into the base of it where the swivel connects.

I went back to see if I could find it and on the offramp I found a new Dodge Charger, the cops and a tow truck looking to see how they were gonna get the hose out from underneath the car. It damaged the bumper on it and you could clearly tell it was mine.

Needless to say I went to my shop and got my spare hose reel and another 150' of hose and went back to work. Has anyone else ever had something like this happen to them?

Vince Wood

Diamond Bar, Ca

562-331-0301

Please tell me you stopped and said it was yours.

So you didnt claim it?? Isnt that like a hit and run kinda. Your property caused their property damage. Maybe im missreading your post.

Yeah.....I was wondering how that all got handled too. A number of years back we had a pickup truck that had one of those plastic bed liners in it. One day the liner came out and flew into a car behind our guys. Thank God no one was hurt and the damage was minimal. Our insurance took are of it, and the liner was replaced with a coating in the bed, no more plastic liners for us.

Beth

I bungee cord the heck of all my gear. even bungee the end of my infeed hose and pressure hose to the trailer so this doesnt happen. Takes a few more minutes for setup but i would hate the thought of that hose whipping around and slashing some pedestrians. Just think about it.. some lady walking their kid or some elderly person walking on the sidewalk and here comes your hose and (OHH MY GOD) your gun whipping around going at 50mph and hitting them.

Edited by FLORIN

Vince Wood

Diamond Bar, Ca

562-331-0301

Whatever you do is between you and your concience but i would own up and report it if it was me.

Whatever you do is between you and your concience but i would own up and report it if it was me.

Yeah, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night, knowing that I caused an accident and didn't man up to it.

Is Hydrotek looking for you because the cops called them?If so you better call the cops before they find you.

I kinda understand the don't get involved thing because I got an insurance claim on me for letting a guy use my cell phone one time at a wreck way out in the country.The guy call the cops they show up take my info as a witness and the next thing I know a month later my insurance is calling me about an accident I was involved in.WHAT!! The state trooper who showed up went to church with the guy that wrecked.I don't stop anymore I know it sucks,but it is what it is, the best thing I can do is call 911 and I do it everytime I see an accident.Getting involved is just that YOUR involved and in the courts today you have to prove your not.

The bad thing about this is he made it sound like a joke at first, then he said he took the time to ride back by. If he will do this what kinda of business is he running. What makes be mad is there are enough bumb drivers and drunk drivers, he don't need to add to that. He made and clam and will not show his name again. So I off my soap box

If he hauled from that and did not man up to it the admin of this board should ban him that is criminal and should not be tolerated nor should he be rewarded with being able to post.

Well I called the local police department that the incident happened in today. Appearently there was no damage to guy's car like I thought there was. All that happened was that the tow truck was able to jack up the car, remove the reel and the guy was on his way without any damage. I feel better now that I got everything cleared up today.

I won't be buying anymore hose reels though that has a Hydrotek name on them though.

Vince Wood

Diamond Bar, Ca

562-331-0301

Something about this thread seems soooo wrong! :vroom: Karma is a biatch! Better hope whoever ended up wearing the hose reel dosn't read these forum boards or someone will be toast. :lglolly:

Heck yeah, I get at least 4 hours every other night :D

Thats what i figured. You are the MAN. I get 4-5 a day and I feel guilty that im wasting time