Sign in to follow this  
louisgeorges

I Want Your Opinion!

Question

I got in a debate with someone on a forum about how to do a good job pressure washing.

You can see the thread here, it starts at post #32.

www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=151628&page=4

I setup a series of questions on my website and I would like to get your opinion by voting on the polls.

Thanks

40 answers to this question

I got in a debate with someone on a forum about how to do a good job pressure washing.

I setup a series of questions on my website and I would like to get your opinion by voting on the polls.

Thanks

My opinion, as stated on the other site, is that you don't know what you're doing...Spend some time reading the threads on this site and you may be able to change that!!

That "person" you've been have a debate with is a veteran member of this board, and certainly knows what he's doing.

Looks like you may have jumped out of the pan and into the fire. I do hope you stay here and read many of the back threads. Your methods and suggestions for cleaning are antiquated. On a positive note, I do admire your marketing efforts and skills.

Thanks

It looks to me like the poll results are contradicting your teachings.

My opinion, as stated on the other site, is that you don't know what you're doing...Spend some time reading the threads on this site and you may be able to change that!!

That "person" you've been have a debate with is a veteran member of this board, and certainly knows what he's doing.

I agree with Mike, and will add **** **** that's some wrong info! How long have you been doing this......?

Beth

Thanks

That link is not what I would be putting in a search engine.

While a marginal amount of information contained in your site may have some basis in fact to it, the underlying methods, techniques and chemical recommendations have long since been proven incorrect and are no longer used by experienced and might I add; Trained powerwashers.

The pricing guide is comparable to what many here would call 'lowball' and does not reflect the practices of a financially stable company.

With all due respect, I think you should look into how powerwashing and all it's facets have evolved. I think your eyes would be opened and perhaps you would be able to update your site to reflect the education.

While I will give credit to your efforts on the site and your marketing, bottom line is; much of the information it contains does not stand up to todays standards.

Rod!~

The last question on the poll sums up a lot. If one's knowlege of flow and applicable pressure is limited to naming colors of a nozzle, then they really don't have a clue as to what they are doing. Spread pattern (the various colors that come with a machine) do not determine the pressure leaving the nozzle, the orifice determines that. How fast you can clean has almost nothing to do with pressure with maybe the exception of concrete. I do understand the theories of "cleaning units" but in the real world flow determines how quickly a job can be done.

Edited by PressurePros

Thanks

The fact that you felt the need to take your concerns from the other thread to a REAL pressure washing forum means that you obviously care, and that is a great first step. the next step is to listen to the advice given by the other pros and hang around for a while and get your "learn" on.

Louis, Welcome to one of the most informative/professional forums for pressure washers available. Sorry could not recognize who you were in the thread you linked us to and I see no post #32 so can't really comment on your statements there. My opinion on the poll questions though are that if you hang here for awhile your poll questions in the future won't read the same. As they are now they seem to be coming from someone new to the field fishing to confirm assumption. Lack of experience and/or understanding of the mechanics, costs, profitability, history, etc. in the field or craft doesn't have to be shown as such a prideful event as this thing here. All one has to do is ask actual specific questions to this community of professionals in order to receive..

You seem motivated and have shown enough smarts to come here so...Glad you have arrived..good luck! :)

Wow - I have never seen such a concensus before! You still have guys on both sides of the aisle when it comes to cleaning with bleach. But man everyone totally disagrees with this guy's methods. Is this guy, the reason why Tim Carter advises against pressure washers so much?

The last question on the poll sums up a lot. If one's knowlege of flow and applicable pressure is limited to naming colors of a nozzle, then they really don't have a clue as to what they are doing.

Yea I didn't get that one either,,,LOL...What is this guy peddeling...Is he spamming us? Online forum for TREE CARE professionals? What the heII!

Edited by Beth n Rod
fix broken tag

Pressure Washing Guide, how to Clean a Deck

Dude!.. bleach potency is not so cut and dry.. and 3600psi for deck work is just plain bad advice!!

You should use that bleach to kill yer article advices for time being!! :eek:

Questions About Pressure Washing

What chemicals do I need to purchase? Are they expensive?

While expensive chemicals may imply better results, muriatic (hydrochloric) acid works wonderfully for almost every application. Moreover, it does not put a financial strain on your wallet. Other projects may require a milder solution, but for commercial use and tough jobs, muriatic acid is the way to go.

Holy Crap mang!.. that is HACK advice!

Mudduck, umm er I thinks it is all about the google ad money and goal was to get everyone viewing article pages...

Loius you should explain yerself..do you have real intentions of bettering this field or is it about makin money off a website you through together? I fear in old days you'de be drawn and quartered for publishing such straight forward info as being sound advice upon the public. Hell you may even be held liable if some unsuspecting home owner takes yer advice and kills their deck or concrete. Least here most advices are clear that they are just what we do personally and is open to opinion.

Edited by MMI Enterprises

Wow I didn't know it was that far off!

My apologies... To be completely honest I didn't write that book. It's an old friend who is in his late 50's.

He kept telling me about all the money he was making with pressure washing and what I like to do, for the past few years, is to create small websites so I told him he should put something down and I would build a site for it... and here we are.

When I heard people starting to knockdown the site I was curious so I build that poll to really find out!

I don't know anything about pressure washing, I can't even remember the last time I used a pressure washer, so when that guy wrote that book I didn't question him. I didn't realize he was so old school!

Actually he wrote the first draft of that book on a typewriter. I had to scan the pages to send them out to be proof read.

Well you'll be happy to know I pulled down the website to stop the debacle!

Aside from the whole mess did you guys liked the polls?

No offense I hope,

Louis

PS: One more thing, if you can't regulate the amount of water (GPM) coming out of the wand with the colored tips then what are all the little numbers on the side of them mean?

PPS: To all the people who made constructive comments, thank you. Everybody else... well I'm going to leave it at that.

Wow I didn't know it was that far off!

My apologies... To be completely honest I didn't write that book. It's an old friend who is in his late 50's.

He kept telling me about all the money he was making with pressure washing and what I like to do, for the past few years, is to create small websites so I told him he should put something down and I would build a site for it... and here we are.

When I heard people starting to knockdown the site I was curious so I build that poll to really find out!

I don't know anything about pressure washing, I can't even remember the last time I used a pressure washer, so when that guy wrote that book I didn't question him. I didn't realize he was so old school!

Actually he wrote the first draft of that book on a typewriter. I had to scan the pages to send them out to be proof read.

Well you'll be happy to know I pulled down the website to stop the debacle!

Aside from the whole mess did you guys liked the polls?

No offense I hope,

Louis

PS: One more thing, if you can't regulate the amount of water (GPM) coming out of the wand with the colored tips then what are all the little numbers on the side of them mean?

PPS: To all the people who made constructive comments, thank you. Everybody else... well I'm going to leave it at that.

The numbers DO mean something. http://www.thegrimescene.com/forums/residential-pressure-washing/9891-interpreting-nozzle-chart.html

Read this thread. :)

Enjoy!

Beth

Why can't I do both?

Sorry...I meant to say threw together with errors or outdated info.

So 'why can't' is cause ya can't do one while doing the other.

Now if ya can throw together site with solid info that works towards bettering the field then great and I say CAN.. :)

I respect your candid response in stating how that site came about.

As consolation I can say after reading every page you had up that I found plenty of solid stuff along with the bad that is worth keeping. Pretty good writing if ya ask me... If you were to go back and change somethings and offer up more facts of why some may or may not use this or that chem or choose this or that equipment, etc. then it could be good work. Regardless though of what ya end up with there will always be those that take issue if their way is not deemed the right way. Others may take issue if what is being spoken has room for personal choice yet those choices go unmentioned. Favoring one process or one equipment, etc. without mention of another rubs people wrong way I suppose in that it just doesn't point to homework having been done. You know what they say about pleasing all of the people all of the time..just can't be done. Much in cleaning is subjective.

To head things in right direction I'll address the muriatic as not all the places it was brung up contained disclaimer info of what it should generally not be used on and even then when it's use was cautioned there was not much info presented as to why.

1. muriatic is not metal inhibited so it eats metal found in many machines (that said we do have application equipment suitable)

2. muriatic eats/etches cement which can expose aggregate and can also quiken failure of reinforcing metal within by way of damaging it's protective oxidation through it's ph lowering.

..Both aspects can lead to dangerous disaster at grand scale if not respected.

When it is used on concrete its use is part of a more indepth restoration procedure involving prep for certain coating applications. Such involves some understanding/agreement of material loss.

Now if ya can throw together site with solid info that works towards bettering the field then great and I say CAN.. :)

As consolation I can say after reading every page you had up that I found plenty of solid stuff along with the bad that is worth keeping. Pretty good writing if ya ask me... If you were to go back and change somethings and offer up more facts of why some may or may not use this or that chem or choose this or that equipment, etc. then it could be good work. Regardless though of what ya end up with there will always be those that take issue if their way is not deemed the right way. Others may take issue if what is being spoken has room for personal choice yet those choices go unmentioned. Favoring one process or one equipment, etc. without mention of another rubs people wrong way I suppose in that it just doesn't point to homework having been done. You know what they say about pleasing all of the people all of the time..just can't be done. Much in cleaning is subjective.

Thanks, I couldn't agree more!

To head things in right direction I'll address the muriatic as not all the places it was brung up contained disclaimer info of what it should generally not be used on and even then when it's use was cautioned there was not much info presented as to why.

1. muriatic is not metal inhibited so it eats metal found in many machines (that said we do have application equipment suitable)

2. muriatic eats/etches cement which can expose aggregate and can also quiken failure of reinforcing metal within by way of damaging it's protective oxidation through it's ph lowering.

..Both aspects can lead to dangerous disaster at grand scale if not respected.

When it is used on concrete its use is part of a more indepth restoration procedure involving prep for certain coating applications. Such involves some understanding/agreement of material loss.

MMI lets not forget he doesn't know anything about what he's talking about and claiming now it's someone else's "work" and digressed to he's just a web sight developer....he shouldn't be putting anything up and theres no point to this thread any longer.. He came from a lawn care to a Tree Care sight to here and *** and PTI and.????? HIs post are verbatum from one sight to another...I think he's just phishing for traffic jumping from one industry to another marketing "his" web skills trying to get biz from us to develop web sights for small buisnesses,,,Geez...Beth you guys should really look at this,,I think it's just back door marketing spam..

MMI lets not forget he doesn't know anything about what he's talking about and claiming now it's someone else's "work" and digressed to he's just a web sight developer....he shouldn't be putting anything up and theres no point to this thread any longer.. He came from a lawn care to a Tree Care sight to here and *** and PTI and.????? HIs post are verbatum from one sight to another...I think he's just phishing for traffic jumping from one industry to another marketing "his" web skills trying to get biz from us to develop web sights for small buisnesses,,,Geez...Beth you guys should really look at this,,I think it's just back door marketing spam..

Spam you to what? I took down the site!!! If I really was spamming this forum I would have put on some other offer and keep trying to have you come to the site!

When I put up the site the first time I really thought the info on it was good and as soon as I realized it wasn't I deleted it. (I really didn't think it was that bad though!)

I didn't make up the other guy, the book is sign by him. If it was my work I would own up to it, I have nothing to hide!

My "verbatim" post is my apologies. I copied it to all the forums to apologize! This post and the one asking for you're opinion are the only two that I copied and posted to the other forums everything else I took the time post one on one!

Also the reason I went to those forums it's because they have a pressure washing section and I wanted to learn about pressure washing! In case you didn't know that's what forums are for!!! Take example from Beth n Rod, CCPC and MMI Enterprises these are people that understand how to use a forum.

You're right about one thing, there's no point to this thread any longer.

PS: I didn't copy this post to any other forum that one is just for you, enjoy!

Spam you to what? I took down the site!!! If I really was spamming this forum I would have put on some other offer and keep trying to have you come to the site!

I'm still confused why you had that sight up with someone else's "book of info" on it...I would think it was "his" sight and you would have no right to take down or if it was your sight what right do you have putting up a sight, and why, with his info on it. I think you ripped someones' "book of info" off and put it up trying to make a sight cool enough to troll our industry's' forums so someone would "inquire" as to your sight developing services.

When I put up the site the first time I really thought the info on it was good and as soon as I realized it wasn't I deleted it. (I really didn't think it was that bad though!)

You thought the info was good? and "I really didn't think it was that bad though!"?? Three paragraphs down you say you wanted to learn.....

I didn't make up the other guy, the book is sign by him. If it was my work I would own up to it, I have nothing to hide!

No I think you found that info on the net somewhere thinking it was good and created a sight to use to troll these forums or otherwise back door solicit your web biz.

My "verbatim" post is my apologies. I copied it to all the forums to apologize! This post and the one asking for you're opinion are the only two that I copied and posted to the other forums everything else I took the time post one on one!

Also the reason I went to those forums it's because they have a pressure washing section and I wanted to learn about pressure washing!

You didn't want to learn you thought you knew it thats why you "debated" a real pro who tried to set you straight. You even carried your argument over to this and other sights trying to make YOUR POINT and only until you got totally hammered by everyone did you throw up a soft apology and digressed to you were just a sight developer and put that up for a friend.

You're right about one thing, there's no point to this thread any longer.

There hasn't been since you admitted you didn't know what you were talking about, you came here defending your sight and then passed the bad info off as somebody else's like a hot potato. Which you only admitted after being bashed by everyone and put in an indefensible position. You came here either phishing or to defend that sight looking to be proven right. Since you conveniently squirmed out from under your sight I think it was phishing and still wonder why you had it up (as your sight w/ right to take it down) to start with and felt the need to span the web defending it if it was just something you threw up for a friend.

PS: I didn't copy this post to any other forum that one is just for you, enjoy!

Thanks so much I've enjoyed but still trying to figure out why your still here. You came here supposedly to get our opinion of your sight to prove your point concerning your debate with another disputing it,,which by the way your argument was shot down handedly..I don't mind if you stick around to learn something but I think your sticking around to learn at this point to set up another phishing trolling sight. I don't recall anything you've said concerning being in or wanting to get into the PW business. Just conveniently backed your position up to your just a sight developer or something to that effect after you opened a dialog. Those tactics might work on lawn care sights with 16 year olds and hacks but were grown ups here and can see through it.