Sign in to follow this  
MeiersEnterprises

Stripping Sealer from Pavers

Question

16 answers to this question

If it is xylene based, put 100% WHITE cotton down, and spray it with xylene or teluline, which will cause the sealer to lift into and adsorbed by the fabric. Obviously do a test patch in an inconspicuous spot. It can take a few attemps to get all up.

Apply Dads Stripper by spray or roller (be generous). You can let it sit for awhile. I normally spray stripper on first thing and then I get everything ready to do the job. The time it takes for the tank to fill up and you getting the hoses unrolled should be enough. Use surface cleaner with heater then come back and rinse it down with the wand. You will want to let it dry some so you can see if you missed any. Repeat process as needed. Are you resealing this job?

Great info guys. I have had a number of customers ask me about removing sealer before. Mostly off of Pavered Pool Decks and Pavered Drivways etc... Never really was able to give them an answer. This will be helpful. Thanks! :)

Edited by All Surface

Great info guys. I have had a number of customers ask me about removing sealer before. Mostly off of Pavered Pool Decks and Pavered Drivways etc... Never really was able to give them an answer. This will be helpful. Thanks! :)

This is a Great Paver Stripping thread