Sign in to follow this  
gregative

Economy churning out more PW's?

Question

My local chem rep says his pressure washer sales are up. Either more people are doing it themselves or people are moving into this field as they lose their jobs. Anyone bumping into this new wave of pw's yet?

9 answers to this question

Of course it is spring...I bet the box stores are busy selling their throw away units like crazy too. I probably get 3 calls a day for the small stuff with the response "well I can get one at store xxx for $300.00". My response, Yes you can and in 200 hours of use you can call me to buy one that will last...Most see an opportunity to get into a business cheap.

It is a continual cycle, but it takes a special person to succeed in this business. You not only have to know how to wash, thats the easy part, but you have to know how to run a business. Sales, accounting, management...some will succeed and some will fail but rest assured every time the weather gets nice they will sprout up everywhere.

I think the sales of pressure washers that have low use and hours are up. The number of high quality used machines has never been better. If you look at ebay or craigslist you can get a namebrand proven machine for thousands less than new right now.

I've seen already this year about 5 new lawn care services also. I'm sure there will be more, simply because most people already have the basic tools and experience to start in the lawn care service. Most only need a trailer, and they're in "business". AND,...people are looking for these low rate services that will be determined by umpteen choices.Ha,Ha...

Exterior washing services is probably about number 2-3 when it comes to people just jumping in to make that extra income. Scrapping is probably also near the top.

Jeff

Of course it is spring...I bet the box stores are busy selling their throw away units like crazy too. I probably get 3 calls a day for the small stuff with the response "well I can get one at store xxx for $300.00". My response, Yes you can and in 200 hours of use you can call me to buy one that will last...Most see an opportunity to get into a business cheap.

and I will add to the benefit of that statement: "without adding to the landfill another machine that costs more to fix than it did to buy it."

Rod!~

I don't think there are enough guys doing it...I think more people should start. I really think I should see more than 10-15 PWer's in the back of guys pick-ups and trunks of cars every day. :rolleyes2 :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking: