Sign in to follow this  
ogetnom27

Pics from my teak job

Question

All 11 pieces set for staining.Some were pretty ugly. Homeowner had pressure washed some pieces on his own, until his wife begged him to stop!. First pic is one of those pieces. Will be staining tommorrow and hopefully delivering back to the HO in time for their "Paaahty" (as we say in Massachusetts) on Sat.

post-5096-137772246446_thumb.jpg

post-5096-137772246455_thumb.jpg

post-5096-137772246461_thumb.jpg

post-5096-137772246466_thumb.jpg

post-5096-13777224647_thumb.jpg

Edited by ogetnom27
misprint

16 answers to this question

Finished up teak today. HO decided they wanted to go with ATO. Wasn't my first choice but they are moving to Maryland where it won't be as harsh as New England. Also they told me it will be in a semi-enclosed area and somewhat always covered. Color is Honey Teak. Best part of this job is when I delivered the furn. back to the HO, the couple buying their house was there and I ended up selling them on a deck job (950 sq. ft.)of the house they are buying at $2 per sq.ft. Sweet

post-5096-137772246568_thumb.jpg

post-5096-137772246573_thumb.jpg

post-5096-137772246577_thumb.jpg

post-5096-137772246582_thumb.jpg

post-5096-137772246586_thumb.jpg

Wow - how do you even price that kind of work? They all look like they have been sanded along with washed - for crying out loud there was even lichen growth on it!

I don't know if I would want to do it - it seems like a lot over tedious work.

There was a total of 9 pieces. Sodium percarb and then a 40 tip, took the mold and algae off pretty well. Had to scrub in a couple of spots.No big deal. Downstreamed oxalic to neutralize and brighten a bit.Orbital sander with 80 grit.Lambswool hand applicator and brush for the ATO. Done.Took a total of 11 hours. charged $750 + materials. Did them at my house,took a break for a frosty whenever I felt,listened to the Sox game. Yep, I'll take these all day long.

Mike

P.S.Dan,

The spot on the leg was a little sand and dirt from turning the table on its side in the yard. I went over this set with a fine tooth before I let it go!

... Did them at my house,took a break for a frosty whenever I felt,listened to the Sox game. Yep, I'll take these all day long. ...

Thats not work, its fun! Real nice job on the teak, Mike.

Here was the deck and furniture we were working on last week. 25 pieces total (several are off to the side). This was a hodge podge of cedar and teak pieces all built by the H.O. Some of the pieces were coated with a urethane, which i was not made aware of. We're not staining the pieces though, the H.O prefers them gray. You cannot tell in the pic, but almost every piece of wood had lichen and heavy mold groth. What a PITA that job was.

post-581-137772247858_thumb.jpg

Finished up teak today. HO decided they wanted to go with ATO. Wasn't my first choice but they are moving to Maryland where it won't be as harsh as New England. Also they told me it will be in a semi-enclosed area and somewhat always covered. Color is Honey Teak. Best part of this job is when I delivered the furn. back to the HO, the couple buying their house was there and I ended up selling them on a deck job (950 sq. ft.)of the house they are buying at $2 per sq.ft. Sweet

Stuff looks sweet. I love that color. I wish I would run into some of that to clean - only the cheap, plastic Walmart stuff here...

Here are a few of our jobs. We can clean, dry, sand, and oil 50 pieces in one day with a crew of 4.

Is that a portable spray room you brought to the site or is that the customers.

50 pc. in a day is great.

Production line process with 4 crew members?

Is that a portable spray room you brought to the site or is that the customers.

50 pc. in a day is great.

Production line process with 4 crew members?

Yes it is a spray booth with a rotisserie thing inside so we can stand in one spot rather than walking around each piece. We have a very efficient process and the customers love having it all done in one day.