Sign in to follow this  
eric

x-jet help

Question

79 answers to this question

Eric,

We have 50ft of 3/8" hose

on our xjet,with no draw problems.5 gallon buckets are easy to move around,but it may take several buckets to get some housewashes done.We have a 15 gallon drum strapped to a hand cart that we use,it makes moving around a lot easier.I also mounted a small hose reel to the cart that we store the xjet on.

Thanks,

Is this a closed bucket with a small opening for the hose?You must have some sort of clamp to hold the hose in the bucket. Have you had any problems using certain solvents w/ th x-jet?

thanks again

I use a six gallon bucket. That way I can carry around a full five gallons without spilling. A small plastic spring clamp works great to hold the hose in the bucket.

I'm different than most people. I use a 3 foot hose, on a 2 foot wand, and a one gallon jug, plus I use the proportioners. This is not ideal for housewashing, but that is not usually in my line of work.

I use mine for applying degreasers and disinfectants to interior floors. It really works well. I have yet to use it for long range, but all in due time.

5 gallon enclosed containers (that is vented) can also be purchased from www.Xterior.com for $20 each. (It's nice if you tend to tip things over - the cost will be saved in chemicals you don't spill and lawns you dont burn.) They have a suction tube installed on the cap with a barb fitting for 3/8" ID hose. I replaced the barb fittings with stainless steel Quick Disconnects (the pictures are older and show brass QD's). We also run 50 foot of hose without problems.

The 20 gallon container is mounted to an aluminum hand cart ($30 at Lowe's).

50 foot hose clamped to the cart. The hose end in the container has a filter and is weighted down with brass fitting slipped over the end of hose.

Only about 10 gallons of mix are normally in the container as the weight over 100 pounds gets cumbersome.

The other end of the hose has 3/8" barb to barb poly ball valve for stopping chemical flow (about 1-1/2 foot from end of hose) and also a stainless QD to remove from X-Jet.

Some chemicals are corrosive but if you rinse things at the end of the job (or end of day) there should be no problems. Make sure you use stainless hose clamps and fittings to reduce corrosion.

I have a 30 gallon drum mounted to a handcart. I have only 35' of hose on that. Yes the 30 gal drum gets heavy but I can use the work out.:)

Paul,

I like the idea of the quick connect for the soap hose!:wave:

I gonna have to try that out.

I use a modified a 4 gallon back pack sprayer and a short hose with shut off. Basically just took off the handle and some extra parts inside. It has never spilled down my back in the last 2 years of use since it only has a small vent on top with a check valve. I also use a different 50 foot hose for my Corress 40 foot wand. The backpack, hose and wand is a lot to handle tho and I wear out quick.

Like Paul B. , just keep everything rinsed daily or your chems. will eat up the rubber seals in no time.

Jesse R. Kirchhoff

Kirchhoff Handyman Solutions LLC

Advanced Power Washing and Restoration Services LLC

114 Forest Hill Ave. Jefferson City, Mo 65109

Local 573-635-2708 Toll Free 1-866-635-2708 Fax 573-634-8882

E-Mail jessekirchhoff@mchsi.com

Paul,

I noticed your 20 gallon tank cart setup is on a feeble, hard rubber wheeled folding cart.

Why not mount on a tubular metal handcart with pneumatic tires? It's easier to move around in the grass and terrain with the larger tires.

Fiberglass handcart with pneumatic tires (6 or 8" I believe). Capable of holding [more weight than you can put in a 30 gallon container] with ease. Only metal parts are the handle itself and a few bolts holding everything together (nothing else to rust or corrode). Mid $30's at The Home Depot (may vary by geography).

This cart combined with a 15 - 20 gallon chemical container (I picked mine up from a dumpster somewhere....used to hold a citrus degreaser) makes a very good setup.

Hey I'm going to play stupid for a lil and ask if someone would post a pic of a x-jet? I've heard of them for awhile now but don't know how they work or how they look. Thanks for any info that is given!!!

I use a 5 gallon bucket with a lid on it... I mix up my chems triple strength and use a proportioner. One bucket does a whole whose easily.

I've also mounted one of the deckster pumps onto my rig, welded on a bracket for another hose reel that holds 200' of 1/4" hose. This hose can quick connect onto my x jet for when I'm working on a lift or a roof. The x jet working with this pump will pump my chems up about 30'.

When I get a chance I'll post some pics of my newest setup.

I use a 5 gallon bucket with a lid on it... I mix up my chems triple strength and use a proportioner. One bucket does a whole whose easily.

I've also mounted one of the deckster pumps onto my rig, welded on a bracket for another hose reel that holds 200' of 1/4" hose. This hose can quick connect onto my x jet for when I'm working on a lift or a roof. The x jet working with this pump will pump my chems up about 30'.

When I get a chance I'll post some pics of my newest setup.

Hi Henry,

Is the Deckster pump like a Shurflo pump?

Thanks,

Mike

Hey thanks A-plus! Now how far can you shoot with that? Is that just like a fan nozzle? Is that low or high pressure? You get a long hose and let it go to the ground? Would be cool to see one in opperation. Thanks!!!!

Hi FullBlast,

I was killing myself on residentials until I got an xjet system. Call Pete at Sunbrite Supply. He will sell you an xjet systems for 112.00 plus shipping. It's the way to go.

Get a 5 gal bucket with a lid that you can poke a 3/8 size hole in. Get some 12% S.H.

cut 2:1 and you will be able to clean 2 story resi's from the ground in about 2 1/2 hours. (Some of these guys on this site are doing them in about an hour). At any rate,

the xjet comes with about 20 feet of 3/8 in. hose with the cut-off valve included as well as proportioner tips and a low pressure screw on tip. Until you get familiar with the system, that's pretty much all you will need to get started. Later on you can get hand carts to pull around larger barrels or buckets. But with the ability to reach heights of 35 feet or so from the ground you will be very pleased with an xjet system.

Best thing to do is just get the system and modify as you need. There is also an xjet system that is called an M5 (I think) and has a shorter range by about 5 ft, but you only need to twist the end to get the lo flo app going. I stuck with the original by the advice of others on this site and am very pleased with the results. It used to take me around 4 hours for a 2 story using ladders and giraffes and all kinds of aerial lift devices. The xjet is alot cheaper than renting a scissor lift for 190.00 a day.

Hope this helps. Let us know.

Adrian

Hey FullBlast,

I can shoot about 30 feet in the air with my M-5. The difference between the M-5 and the original is that the M-5 has an adjustable spray pattern. You can go from a point for long range shooting to a fan spray for close up work.(just twist the black nozzle to change pattern)

If I crank my unit to 3200PSI, using the X-Jet at the fine point spray drops me to 1000psi. Still high pressure, but not "oh my god" pressure.

I am experimenting on my Xjet to see if I can rig it to hook up directly off the unloader (downstream) so I won't have to drag the seperate polybraided hose. I'll keep ya'll posted.

I had pics of my M-5 that I put on this post, but they didn't show up. Any help with adding photos would be appreciated.

If I crank my unit to 3200PSI, using the X-Jet at the fine point spray drops me to 1000psi.

How do you measure this pressure? I'm just curious because I see many people saying that they drop their pressure 800 psi or 1000 psi and I would really like to know how exactly they measure what's coming out of the tip. I've been doing a lot of thinking lately on what happens at the business end of the wand, and I'm beginning to think more and more that it isn't about the pressure of the water coming out but rather the momentum of the water (velocity and actual amount of water), which is completely different than pressure. If I knew how you guys measured the pressure at the tip it might clear a few questions up.

How do you measure this pressure? I'm just curious because I see many people saying that they drop their pressure 800 psi or 1000 psi and I would really like to know how exactly they measure what's coming out of the tip. I've been doing a lot of thinking lately on what happens at the business end of the wand, and I'm beginning to think more and more that it isn't about the pressure of the water coming out but rather the momentum of the water (velocity and actual amount of water), which is completely different than pressure. If I knew how you guys measured the pressure at the tip it might clear a few questions up.

Unless someone has a different means, I think everyone is referring to like pressure since pressure in the line = pressure AT the orifice for (^X=0). Obviously from there (X >0) it drops off exponentially.

This link: http://www.martwash.com/html/seminars_articles/pumptech.htm

has some good info. Most notably:

"It is also important to note that the impact pressure doubles for a given spray angle with a doubling of flow, whereas a doubling of pressure only increases impact pressure by 1.414 times (square root of 2). "

Is this a true statement???

I was never sure but they told me this in an landscape irrigation class years ago.

From what I've understood, there is only so much water that can go through a certain size orifice. So knowmatter what the pressure, a certain size hole can only expell a certain amount of water. Not to say its not greater with more pressure, just that it's not infinite.

They said the water flowing through a pipe has a certain friction, and this friction increases exponentially with pressure, therefore having a limit to the final output.

Anyone know the answer to this?

Hi Ryan,

In my case, I use a 5000 psi pressure gauge just before my dual lance gun. If I shoot my #40045 tip, I get 3200 psi reading at the gun. If I squeeze the lance trigger to use the other tip, (in this case my X-Jet), I get about 700 psi on the gauge.

I just went outside and tried this before I posted so I had the numbers correct on my machine.

Is this a true statement???

I was never sure but they told me this in an landscape irrigation class years ago.

From what I've understood, there is only so much water that can go through a certain size orifice. So knowmatter what the pressure, a certain size hole can only expell a certain amount of water. Not to say its not greater with more pressure, just that it's not infinite.

They said the water flowing through a pipe has a certain friction, and this friction increases exponentially with pressure, therefore having a limit to the final output.

Anyone know the answer to this?

I do know that GPM flow through a given orifice is non-linear with changes in pressure.

Here is more info:

http://home.mchsi.com/~gweidner/Spray-Nozzle-Formulas.pdf

Hi Ryan,

In my case, I use a 5000 psi pressure gauge just before my dual lance gun. If I shoot my #40045 tip, I get 3200 psi reading at the gun. If I squeeze the lance trigger to use the other tip, (in this case my X-Jet), I get about 700 psi on the gauge.

I just went outside and tried this before I posted so I had the numbers correct on my machine.

Thanks! I've never put a pressure gauge on mine, so I was never sure what the different tips were doing to it.

Thanks! I've never put a pressure gauge on mine, so I was never sure what the different tips were doing to it.

You may borrow mine if you like.

Hey thanks guys!! One more ?? Do you wash with this or just spray the soap on with this x-jet? Do you put it on just a regular wand or do you put it on a longer wand? Extension pole? Sounds pretty koool to me!!! Thanxx!!!!