Sign in to follow this  
cwarrior

Flow Switch

How do I check the flow switch? How do I bypass it?

Thanks,

Mark

Shoreline

- Window Cleaning, Pressure Washing, & Dryer Vent Cleaning

Freeport, Fl.

There will be 2 wires coming out of it that are connected to some other wires in a junction box usually. Trace them back from the flow switch and just connect the 2 wires together that they were connected to. If your burner works-bad switch and you need to replace it, otherwise it may be your limit switch-thermostat. bypass with the same procedure and replace if faulty.

I would not suggest running your equipment without these items in place they are there for your safety and if bypassed it can cause your unit to go to steam and possibly explode. Be careful.

I am not sure what you are calling a "flow switch". Is that the micro-switch that turns the burner off when a certain pressure is reached? If so , I call it a pressure switch. When my burner intermittantly fails to turn on or turn off, I replace the micro-switch and the switch that screws into the outlet of the coil. At 2:00 AM, I don't have time to test anything, I just replace both switches. At times, replacing the micro-switch does not cure the problem, it may be the pin that pushes on the micro-switch has enlarged the hole and is hanging up. Then replace the whole pressure switch. If the micro-switch does not have a definte snap when tripped, toss it.

Depending on the type of equipment you have some have a flow switch, some a pressure switch. Either one will work for you if installed correctly, it is usually an application issue in determining which one to use.