Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

An Armstrong Clark deck....is a sweet thing in life!

Question

Here's a pic of a deck we recently did. It's nothing fancy, or special, just a small postage stamp type upper level deck on a town house. But with the AC Semi-Cedar and Cedar Toner blended it sure looks nice!

Beth

:cup: :banana:

post-1-137772252384_thumb.png

post-1-13777225239_thumb.png

post-1-137772252396_thumb.png

Edited by Beth n Rod
added before photo

20 answers to this question

It's what the customer chose. It's actually really popular out here. Keep in mind that was just applied. It should mellow out a bit. The photo was taken from the ladder on the way off the deck.

Beth

How Sweet it is! Armstrong stains. 1st pic is cedar toner w/alittle redwood toner added on recently sanded redwood. 2nd is a cedar toner on redwood.

post-1457-137772252628_thumb.jpg

post-1457-137772252647_thumb.jpg

Edited by acegot

Beth

Is that the super sedar semi solid? I did not get a wood chip of that color and have not used it yet. I have used all of the other colors including the oxford brown. My fav is the mountain cedar.

Beth, Are the verticals the same color as the deck or is it a two-tone ?

Have you used it on older borads yet? I'm wondering if it would be darker.

That's a nice'un Beth!. Maybe you guys can go back and get some wider pics off a tall ladder. Seems a cover page winner..

Lyle, I like your results too. That sanding probably made huge difference.. can you share us up what you used for that work?. orbitable, or full on floor machinery?

Edited by MMI Enterprises

Lyle, I like your results too. That sanding probably made huge difference.. can you share us up what you used for that work?. orbitable, or full on floor machinery?

Kevin, I used the maintainer w/ sanding drive pad w/36gr, then 12x18 orbital w/60gr. Checkout this thread. http://www.thegrimescene.com/forums/wood-cleaning-restoration-decks-fences-etc/16512-proper-use-floor-sander.html

Edited by acegot