Sign in to follow this  
gutterdog

speed of wasin a house

S.O.P. is that like P.O.D.? plan of the day, but things done in order everyday? Just in general, if you don't mind? What is your S.O.P.? If you can't tell I am a little unorganized. I just thought I could figure it all out my self and all I have done is survive and not much more. I have no good role models or anything to copy and put into play like that. One of the things I will be talkin about next week. She isnt in the pressure washin business. I think she might tell me to ask someone in here?

Search Button up top brother.

Hey Mike, Glad to see the light came on. You will get a lot of help here but you will be asked to read some as most of your questions have been answered. Nice to see the change as the posts are easier to read. Welcome to the world of business building.

So happpy to see you typing in English Mike! Let's get things done!

Heck yea!!! For many reasons. It is very important that this company succeeds. Thanks.

Edited by gutterdog

Once you have been washing houses awhile, you develop efficiencies. For example, start on the side of the house that has the most difficult access or presents the hardest challenges, and work your way around. Do a walk around and assess the house and make sure you have a plan for each area. Keep your tips with you, and any additional lances you want. Have enough solution mixed for say...at least half of the house.

Beth

p.s. YES, I have washed houses....

Hey Mike, Glad to see the light came on. You will get a lot of help here but you will be asked to read some as most of your questions have been answered. Nice to see the change as the posts are easier to read. Welcome to the world of business building.

Thanks Pat. Like I told Rick. This company has to succeed. For many reasons.

Hey Mike,

I'm on vacation right now but when I get back on the 16th I'll set you up with one of my crews or bring you out on one of my job sites so you can see what we do, and how we do it. Give me a call on my cell if you want.

Once you have been washing houses awhile, you develop efficiencies. For example, start on the side of the house that has the most difficult access or presents the hardest challenges, and work your way around. Do a walk around and assess the house and make sure you have a plan for each area. Keep your tips with you, and any additional lances you want. Have enough solution mixed for say...at least half of the house.

Beth

p.s. YES, I have washed houses....

Hey Beth!! with washing houses I aways start in the back. I carry enough hose to reach all the way around the house. I use the x-jet. Way quicker and the quality is phenominal!!! (did I spell that right?) What you said is almost exactly how I clean gutters! I try to set the ladder as few times as possable... I walk around the house and see the order to do it in. always clean the higher gutters first. Test each downspout as we come to it so you don't forget one. Make any repairs needed. I've taken downspouts apart to clean them! no upcharge. Clean the debri up. Walk the customer around the house and tell them what we seen, problem areas? They know as much as I found out doing the gutter clean. I even tell them if they have a 1 or 2 times a year gutter cleaning. I can tell by what comes out of the gutter.

Did one just yesterday where the worst side was on the side, then we went to the back, the other side, and the front (counter clockwise). Never needed a ladder. Rarely ever do. With the right tools, you can shoot really far up, and there are some amazing extension poles out there if you need agitation.

An x-jet (M-5) should be on every truck, every day.

Beth

Hey Mike,

I'm on vacation right now but when I get back on the 16th I'll set you up with one of my crews or bring you out on one of my job sites so you can see what we do, and how we do it. Give me a call on my cell if you want.

Thanks Henry!!! When would be a good time to call? Thanks! I'm visual, and with my hands I learn better. Reading the side of a can, or a book??? Thanks Henry!!!

Did one just yesterday where the worst side was on the side, then we went to the back, the other side, and the front (counter clockwise). Never needed a ladder. Rarely ever do. With the right tools, you can shoot really far up, and there are some amazing extension poles out there if you need agitation.

An x-jet (M-5) should be on every truck, every day.

Beth

I have the old x-jet. with the screw in fan tip. I have 3 lances I keep on the truck. I needed the different sizes for how i was washing wood. was. I have 2, Heck I forgot what you call them! ...Telescoping wands in my shed somewhere??? You have to be very strong to work it efficiently! It wasnt the way to go.

Get the M-5, and a bendy flex wand.

Beth

That is the newest x-jet? The bendy flex wand...what is that? for gutter cleaning? sounds too messy using water to clean gutters? I havent heard of this! What is it?

That is the newest x-jet? The bendy flex wand...what is that? for gutter cleaning? sounds too messy using water to clean gutters? I havent heard of this! What is it?

The M-5 is the newer of the x-jets.

The flex wand has MANY uses.

How long have you been doing this again?

Call that number I gave you. They have them.

Beth

Hey Beth!! with washing houses I aways start in the back. I carry enough hose to reach all the way around the house. I use the x-jet.

I always start with the shady side (or cooler), keeps the chemicals from drying too quickly if a dewll is needed.

Yup. I avoid houses if it's too windy too. Chenicals end up on the neighbor's house.

Mike, if you buy a new XJet you may really thinking about taking that rubber intake hose that comes with and throwing it in the nearest trash can. The hose is far too stiff to be useful. Go to a hardward and find a softer hose. Not too soft where it will kink and stop the flow of chemicals.

Edited by Rick2
sp.

Yup. I avoid houses if it's too windy too. Chenicals end up on the neighbor's house.

Mike, if you buy a new XJet you may really thinking about taking that rubber intake hose that comes with and throwing it in the nearest trash can. The hose is far too stiff to be useful. Go to a hardward and find a softer hose. Not too soft where it will kink and stop the flow of chemicals.

Exactly!

Beth

Downstream and you won't have to worry about the wind or wands. I like the Xjet's, had the first M5 ever made before Mike started selling them, but I don't use them for house washing. Way to much pressure for me.

Yeah, I downstream when I can. I only use the M5 when I have to get up high and don't feel like taking the ladder off the trailer.

Lunch break is over, back to work. :(

You can call me anytime during the day or early evening on my cell, I always have it on me.

Next time you go on vacation tell me so I can give you a temporary ban. You really need to VACATION on vacation. You know, disconnect, unhook, just live..... :) When I go on vacation I never login.

Beth

I should probably leave the phone off but then everyone would call my wife or kids to reach me..LOL

The phone I get but...you are on vacation...ON THE INTERNET! With everything there is to do at the beach, I would not be online. Go. Shoo! Go get sand between your toes, find shells, go fishing, something, anything, just disconnect. You can thank me later. You'll survive. And you'll have fun!

Beth :island: