Sign in to follow this  
gutterdog

speed of wasin a house

I have the old x-jet. with the screw in fan tip. I have 3 lances I keep on the truck. I needed the different sizes for how i was washing wood. was. I have 2, Heck I forgot what you call them! ...Telescoping wands in my shed somewhere??? You have to be very strong to work it efficiently! It wasnt the way to go.

You can attach a brush to that telescoping wand too.... ;)

Beth

The M-5 is the newer of the x-jets.

The flex wand has MANY uses.

How long have you been doing this again?

Call that number I gave you. They have them.

Beth

Gutter cleaning 5 years, power washing 4 years. I did call that #. He likes the name "gutterdogs"!!! A person I like admire and respect alot is going to help me. Moving forward in that direction. Thanks Beth!!! I've learned alot here!!! Hope to learn more, and help others in here!

Edited by gutterdog

I always start with the shady side (or cooler), keeps the chemicals from drying too quickly if a dewll is needed.

I think dwells are always needed Rick. What do you do different when you are washing the unshady side? Remember never let it dry on the widows, most important! If it looks like it starting to dry hit it again with more mix?

Edited by gutterdog

Yup. I avoid houses if it's too windy too. Chenicals end up on the neighbor's house.

Mike, if you buy a new XJet you may really thinking about taking that rubber intake hose that comes with and throwing it in the nearest trash can. The hose is far too stiff to be useful. Go to a hardward and find a softer hose. Not too soft where it will kink and stop the flow of chemicals.

What is Chenicals, and hardward? If I think I understand you right the hose from the x-jet to the 5 gallon bucket? been thinking bout buying longer hose for mine also. It's only 10 feet long if I remember right? My x-jet, the original, shoots 40 feet. The other x-jets only do 35 feet. I like mine. I'm probably going to stay with it, and screw if the fan tip when needed.

Edited by gutterdog

We like washing houses on a cloudy day for that reason. Light rain is fine too, since it is all vertical....

Beth

There are so many ways to reach the same outcome. Doesn't the rain remove the mix from the house affecting the dwell time? What do you do different when it''s raining, than when it's not raining?

Edited by gutterdog

Downstream and you won't have to worry about the wind or wands. I like the Xjet's, had the first M5 ever made before Mike started selling them, but I don't use them for house washing. Way to much pressure for me.

How does upstream or downstream make a difference with the wind? What do you use the x-jet for? I like the original also!!! Why is the x-jet too much pressure? How do you apply your house washing mix?

Edited by gutterdog

Yeah, I downstream when I can. I only use the M5 when I have to get up high and don't feel like taking the ladder off the trailer.

Lunch break is over, back to work. :(

Downstreaming is best because you dont want those harsh chemicals going through your pump.

Next time you go on vacation tell me so I can give you a temporary ban. You really need to VACATION on vacation. You know, disconnect, unhook, just live..... :) When I go on vacation I never login.

Beth

If i go 24 hours not doing "something" for my little company. I later regret it. My last computer blue screened. I have over 2500 pictures in it. 75% work related. Before and after pics, picture documentation of gutter cleaning when customer isn't home, etc. goes back 5 years. This computer is about 2 weeks old. On days not working or on days when i have a half day I'm looking around for a way to get those pictures out!!! half day yesterday so I took the old computer to a friend. Best buy wanted $500 to get them out!!! Those picture I will get back. Even if I have to pay $500. I now save pictures on snapfish.com and my computer. Being in this situation with pictures... Mistake I made and wont make again! Faster up load also. Another way is to save on a disc. That seems like alot of work.

Edited by gutterdog

You can attach a brush to that telescoping wand too.... ;)

Beth

Hmmmm??? A faster way to scrub gutters if needed? Quicker than settin a ladder! The telescoping wand is so hard to control. I have 2 of them. I bought the 2nd one because the design of the first cheaper one was bad. Where you tighten and loosen the different sections went bad after.... I don't remember. havent used one in years.

Edited by gutterdog

Well I'm getting caught up in here. Thanks for all the help! Will begin working on website maybe tomorow. It's a hassle. I'm not college educated. So I can't word affluently as the other websites. I'm going to try. 2 jobs tomorow and NASCAR! so I may not get to website!lol!!!

Well I'm getting caught up in here. Thanks for all the help! Will begin working on website maybe tomorow. It's a hassle. I'm not college educated. So I can't word affluently as the other websites. I'm going to try. 2 jobs tomorow and NASCAR! so I may not get to website!lol!!!

Good luck with web site, I can't wait to get one.

As far as the computer problem, down here, we have teenagers that work at Radio Shack that can do amazing things with computers. They take them home and save us bunches of money...lol

Tomorrow?....I don't work on Sundays.

I'm trying to relive the Mayberry days...lol

When I had my on company, (Veneer Mill) I worked Sundays, didn't get me ahead at all and just made me tired on Monday..the one day I needed to be alert, so, if you need me tomorrow, I'll be on the front porch with a bottle of pop. I 'll tell Goober, you said "Hey!"

Edited by CedarSam

If i go 24 hours not doing "something" for my little company. I later regret it. My last computer blue screened. I have over 2500 pictures in it. 75% work related. Before and after pics, picture documentation of gutter cleaning when customer isn't home, etc. goes back 5 years. This computer is about 2 weeks old. On days not working or on days when i have a half day I'm looking around for a way to get those pictures out!!! half day yesterday so I took the old computer to a friend. Best buy wanted $500 to get them out!!! Those picture I will get back. Even if I have to pay $500. I now save pictures on snapfish.com and my computer. Being in this situation with pictures... Mistake I made and wont make again! Faster up load also. Another way is to save on a disc. That seems like alot of work.

Go to any computer store and get an external USB case for the hard drive and plug it into any other computer and pull your files. I did that with my laptop that the OS crashed on and now I use that drive for backups. Should run under $50

What is Chenicals, and hardward?

Opps, no spell checker. I bought about 20 feet of the soft hose to run to the 5 gallon bucket. So much easier.

Washed a house today with less soap than I usually have been using and kept the bleach the same! I liked the job and rinsing was quicker!!

...and it only took 7 pages and 91 post' to get there.

...and it only took 7 pages and 91 post' to get there.

Its slow Adrian! washing houses 1 of the main things I do and push. I dont like changin what I already know. I'm a lil difficult! lol Changing that mix.... Changing that mix was something!!! We are not in the season of house washing. That has passed.

I can leave Jeff on a job and go do some estimates. He produces same quality as me! with the x-jet.

Edited by gutterdog

That's classic but I still love my xjet.

The x-jet rocks! I'm sold on it. On house i did today, inside the screened in porch had to wash siding in there too. Used straight water pressure. It was just dust n stuff. came rght off! Looks brand new! Changed mix. Yea finally!!!

How does upstream or downstream make a difference with the wind? What do you use the x-jet for? I like the original also!!! Why is the x-jet too much pressure? How do you apply your house washing mix?

WOW !! :o

Hi Paul here no offence to any one.

But when are you all going to realize that ten years ago you where charging ten cts a sq ft,and today same old, same old.Why is it not possible for every one to raise the" dog damm" bar,every one is complaining year after year,nothing happens.

My motto UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL.

So who's game?

Maybe we raise the bar, and were all able to go green?

To end on another note for today, again enough with the BLEACH already!!!!!!!

Hi Paul here no offence to any one.

But when are you all going to realize that ten years ago you where charging ten cts a sq ft,and today same old, same old.Why is it not possible for every one to raise the" dog damm" bar,every one is complaining year after year,nothing happens.

My motto UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL.

So who's game?

Maybe we raise the bar, and were all able to go green?

To end on another note for today, again enough with the BLEACH already!!!!!!!

That's price fixing and technically illegal. I've been telling guys for 6 years on these boards to raise prices. Unfortunately, there percentage of technicians to actual business people is out of proportion. I mean that as no disrespect to anyone, it is what it is.

I had a rotten day so sorry for the gruffness. Fill out your signature line please, Paul. Adrian has asked you multiple times. It is a rule here. Click the link below to fill it in.

http://www.thegrimescene.com/forums/usercp.php