Sign in to follow this  
James

The Weather

Question

There has been no relief in the weather department concerning the rain and storms this year and last. Over the years here in CT I've gotten killed repeatedly . At what point do you quit wood care or scale back what you take on. This is a serious issue and a dilemma because the Wood Care jobs I get are non compete and I just got another great referral .

59 answers to this question

Yeah and we stained the deck LOL. Baker's does not like rain. The floor and handrails will probably need a recoat. That glass was a major pain. We didn't even finish. We still have the bottom deck. Sanding took three hours. Whatever acrylic junk was on that deck would not budge with straight brushed on stripper. Went through probably 20 60 grit pads. I'll make a separate thread when the resto is complete.

sanding-1.jpg

cedar_roof.jpg

Insurance for sure...What about chemical gloves or eye protection...My helper has to have both at all times. Weather out here has been cloudy with regular rain...Not fun having to reschedule.

OSHA has their guidelines for safe scaffolding practices - but in the end, if it's a tricky manuever that does not neatly allow normal scaffolding procedures - it's up to the technician to come up with a reasonable way of getting things done. Standing on railings is par for the course sometimes.

Although, Ken, if it was me - there would be a nice rough sawn 2x10 spruce plank going between the railing and that little giant ladder.