Sign in to follow this  
JFife

Apology

Question

Good evening,

I want to apologize to all in the membership for harboring negativity and making derogatory statements in reference to BethnRod. I am not only guilty of saying regretful things, but I'm also guilty of supporting the negative statements of others. For this, I apologize and humbly ask for forgiveness.

The disagreements happened over two years ago, and today I saw a post on TGS I wanted to respond to---yet didn't, due to my harboring of ill-feelings towards board ownership. Thankfully, my conscience asked me to re-evaluate why this was, and I realized I barely even remembered why I was holding a grudge.

Anyways, I apologize for my actions and offer my best wishes to BNR and their forum,

Sincerely,

JON

40 answers to this question

Jon,

Beer is good food. AFAIK, my health is perfect. Have a 5 yr. checkup scheduled for Nov., but they are not touching my colon.

You're lucky. Last time I went to see my doctor he stuck his finger up my butt. Yes, there was only one hand on my shoulder.

Beth and I got into a good one a year or two ago. We both got over it... no problem.

Like someone posted, "Life is too short." All is cool.

Last time I went to see my doctor he stuck his finger up my butt. Yes, there was only one hand on my shoulder.

Rick,

Great name by the way. Hah! Finally someone here with a good sense of humor. I just cannot fathom a Doctor or anyone else violating that part of the human body.

As a skinny little white boy, hope I never go to prison!

Yep, U2 "LN" is gone. Replaced with "wheat". I'll try and post pic.

What did you dislike so much w/ Endure?

Used Endure one time....back in 2006. Had perfect weather for 48 hours after application. Then it rained - washed most of the endure off the deck. No kidding. P-Chink replaced the pail with one from another lot, we redid the deck, but I have had many P-Chink staff (both tech and sales) say their deck product is not the best. I appreciate the honesty. We are U2 fans however.

Terry Miller says he has great results and support from Flood. Have you tried their stuff? Rod and I are thinking about putting some samples boards together and letting it cook in the yard....

Beth

Jon...so the waterbornes aren't user friendly and have bad results on a deck, the ones you have used have penetration problems, and you cursed off all oil stains....what the heck do you put on decks? I thought you wanted jaws to break...not diagonal lines where spindles are unevenly penetrated??

Jon...so the waterbornes aren't user friendly and have bad results on a deck, the ones you have used have penetration problems, and you cursed off all oil stains....what the heck do you put on decks? I thought you wanted jaws to break...not diagonal lines where spindles are unevenly penetrated??

All products have their flaws, Chucky. Some cause you to have diagonal lines on your deck, some burn your truck to the ground:D j/k

The waterbornes have their problems. But I'd rather deal with a tough app then have to deal with the mess of oil. Nothing is perfect. If RS looked halfway decent, it would be the magic product. But to my eyes, it isn't very attractive. Alas, RS is the perfect product, except for two things: 1) unattractive, and 2) the whole 12% thing.

My waterbornes get A's on those two things. However, app requires more diligence. Who cares, we are supposed to be pros, right? If we can't handle applying a flashy deck stain, we belong digging ditches or something. Grand scheme, not that big of a deal. BTW, the issues on my deck---it was stained by two 16yr old kids, first time doing it. My guys that have used DEFY absolutely love it.

Beth---I haven't tried Flood.....oh wait, yeah we did, they send 4gal a year or two ago, called "Supreme" I believe. Guys used it this fall, said it was okay. Went on like mud by dried nice. I HATE a product that goes on one way and then changes appearance. Never know what you are getting in to. But if Captain ThankYou swears by it, I may give it a shot again. But it's oil, yeah? I do love thick products....spray so much better.

Seems like old times here...ohhh..say about 5-6 years ago. Jon...good seeing you back on the saddle over at TGS.

Beth - I received the logo ...thanks!!

Sup Los! Hope all is smoothing out in your life.

However, app requires more diligence. Who cares, we are supposed to be pros, right? If we can't handle applying a flashy deck stain, we belong digging ditches or something.

Well put! It takes some skill and a good eye to apply anything that WILL lap, run, drip, etc....etc.... The goobers will weed themselves out very fast with a product that requires skill....it will end up looking like a Behr deck slapped on by a DIY'er after a zero degree tip cleaning. Know what I mean?

Beth

Well put! It takes some skill and a good eye to apply anything that WILL lap, run, drip, etc....etc.... The goobers will weed themselves out very fast with a product that requires skill....it will end up looking like a Behr deck slapped on by a DIY'er after a zero degree tip cleaning. Know what I mean?

Beth

Beth & Jon,

Hah! We are goobers. Nine years and still kicking. No skill at all, just experience. Its raining, time to go fish.

Jon have you used Sansin PTL or SDF on a deck? What about you Beth? I have it on test boards, have had the boards in full sun on a hot tin roof for over a year and the color is like the day I put it on. It's waterborne alkyd and it applies like a water based product, but it brushes out very smooth. I could tell it wouldn't be as contractor friendly since you would have to apply it out of direct sun etc. I have a deck down the road from me I'm gonna use it on. I'll have to give a report when I do.

Jon have you used Sansin PTL or SDF on a deck? What about you Beth? I have it on test boards, have had the boards in full sun on a hot tin roof for over a year and the color is like the day I put it on. It's waterborne alkyd and it applies like a water based product, but it brushes out very smooth. I could tell it wouldn't be as contractor friendly since you would have to apply it out of direct sun etc. I have a deck down the road from me I'm gonna use it on. I'll have to give a report when I do.

SDF--yes

PTL--no

IMO, Sansin is very tough to work with. If they could do something to make their product a little more reasonable to use, they'd have a goldmine.

One of the best things about Sansin is that as it fails, it just kinda starts turning lighter in color, as opposed to darker like most other products. What is difficult, is that the product is made to totally penetrate. Well, that is very hard to get with it. Prep must be crazy good, temps perfect, no sun, etc. I'm sure it is a good product, but it isn't compatable with a guy that is trying to make money.

Jon Fife is back in the TGS house!!!! I have to tell Mike Hughes about this...oh wait Mike has totally left the biz years ago. Welcome back Jon and like others have said Life is to short to hold grudges. You are a woody star that many can learn from.... What ever happen to your college life?? Man the years fly by.............