Sign in to follow this  
JFife

Apology

Question

Good evening,

I want to apologize to all in the membership for harboring negativity and making derogatory statements in reference to BethnRod. I am not only guilty of saying regretful things, but I'm also guilty of supporting the negative statements of others. For this, I apologize and humbly ask for forgiveness.

The disagreements happened over two years ago, and today I saw a post on TGS I wanted to respond to---yet didn't, due to my harboring of ill-feelings towards board ownership. Thankfully, my conscience asked me to re-evaluate why this was, and I realized I barely even remembered why I was holding a grudge.

Anyways, I apologize for my actions and offer my best wishes to BNR and their forum,

Sincerely,

JON

40 answers to this question

Good evening,

I want to apologize to all in the membership for harboring negativity and making derogatory statements in reference to BethnRod. I am not only guilty of saying regretful things, but I'm also guilty of supporting the negative statements of others. For this, I apologize and humbly ask for forgiveness.

The disagreements happened over two years ago, and today I saw a post on TGS I wanted to respond to---yet didn't, due to my harboring of ill-feelings towards board ownership. Thankfully, my conscience asked me to re-evaluate why this was, and I realized I barely even remembered why I was holding a grudge.

Anyways, I apologize for my actions and offer my best wishes to BNR and their forum,

Sincerely,

JON

Jon has always been straight. I have only had the pleasure to speak with him maybe 2- or 3 times over the years but I have gotten to know him over the years on these boards. I enjoy his company on the threads!!

Good stuff Jon...

Good evening,

Sincerely,

JON

I have offended Beth & Rod in the past, I commend your courage to stand up and be a man.

Thanks Jon we all need to reflect on your leadership to always do whats right.

Jon is Blessed today and possibly may have rubbed some off on me. Thanks for the PM bro

Much Respect Jon.

BNR are very forgiving.

I have shown them a few times myself how to eat a foot lunch, and they are quick to recon in a positive direction.

I have offended Beth & Rod in the past, I commend your courage to stand up and be a man.

Thanks Jon we all need to reflect on your leadership to always do whats right.

Jon is Blessed today and possibly may have rubbed some off on me. Thanks for the PM bro

Ron, I will find it very hard to believe that you have ever offended anyone:D.

Take down the rfp lists of your "enemies", you'll feel better---and be a better man for doing it. Life is too short for that much negativity and vindictiveness......bad for the spirit, bad for the health.

You know, Jon, you are risking Doolittle's friendship by coming back here.

Hahahaha, that is funny-----I'm sure he'll survive. He can choose to forgive and forget on his own terms and timeline---or not---up to him.

Are you seeking canonization? Been diagnosed with a terminal illness? Good to see you here anyway. One more woody to add to the fire. We are a nauseatingly agreeable bunch though. If you wanna stir up Jim.. tell him to NEVER use bleach on a deck. If you want to get Rick going.. wait until he has had 4 Heinekens (6pm?) and declare that a good film forming stain beats tinted baby oil any day of the week. :D

Are you seeking canonization? Been diagnosed with a terminal illness?

Shhh...I hear he's on step 8 of the recovery process to becoming a heterosexual male and overcoming addiction to his alternative lifestyle....hes got to amend past wrongs

Edited by bigchaz

Yeah and if you want a riot...mention WT.... :lol: the bandwagon has sailed.

Have you tried AC yet? So far we like what we are seeing.

Feel free to dig up any wood threads you might have missed or just resisted the urge to post in up until this point. There are no bad wood diatribes.

Beth

Are you seeking canonization? Been diagnosed with a terminal illness? Good to see you here anyway. One more woody to add to the fire. We are a nauseatingly agreeable bunch though. If you wanna stir up Jim.. tell him to NEVER use bleach on a deck. If you want to get Rick going.. wait until he has had 4 Heinekens (6pm?) and declare that a good film forming stain beats tinted baby oil any day of the week. :D

Ken,

Hah!, good post. Diamond Jim sleeps with a 5'er of sodium hypochlorite along with his sweet wife. Your count on greenies is conservative. It is 4:30 PM at the moment and 4 went by the wayside long ago.

Film forming stains are a bit difficult to maintain. Baby oil stains are a breeze. Take that, Fenner! Hah!

Ken,

Hah!, good post. Diamond Jim sleeps with a 5'er of sodium hypochlorite along with his sweet wife. Your count on greenies is conservative. It is 4:30 PM at the moment and 4 went by the wayside long ago.

Film forming stains are a bit difficult to maintain. Baby oil stains are a breeze. Take that, Fenner! Hah!

Rick, hahahaha you have me laughing out loud. 4 greenies and I'd be sputtering sentence fragments. Its must be the nicotine in the Kools that balances out the effects of the alcohol.

Rick probably "Petry-fied" his liver years ago, I'm glad I never got into alcohol....my little experience made me know that it was a power I'd have difficulty controlling, so I moved on without it before I was in too deep.

Hey Rick, you ever watch that TV show "MadMen?" It is dry but really good....Madison Avenue ad-men in the early 60's. It is awesome---all day long at the office they have a cig in one hand, and a stiff drink in the other.:)

Beth---I tied AC last year....seemed like a good oil. But where I am, TWP is local w/ no shipping, and works good enough.

However, our policy is to never use oils again, unless it is maintenance or cust demands it. To many things I don't like about it, and I'd rather fight the uphill battle with the waterbornes. It is great---nobody is nasty all the time, vehicles are clean, storage is clean and odor-free, no fire hazards, etc etc etc.

Rick, hahahaha you have me laughing out loud. 4 greenies and I'd be sputtering sentence fragments. Its must be the nicotine in the Kools that balances out the effects of the alcohol.

Ken,

You are a novice. My wife is away at her brother's home in the Hamptons for a while, leaving me to fend for myself.

Attached is a picture of dinner last night.

post-170-137772257412_thumb.jpg

Ken,

You are a novice. My wife is away at her brother's home in the Hamptons for a while, leaving me to fend for myself.

Attached is a picture of dinner last night.

But you take a green tea supplement, so everything balances out:D

Rick probably "Petry-fied" his liver years ago, I'm glad I never got into alcohol....my little experience made me know that it was a power I'd have difficulty controlling, so I moved on without it before I was in too deep.

Hey Rick, you ever watch that TV show "MadMen?" It is dry but really good....Madison Avenue ad-men in the early 60's. It is awesome---all day long at the office they have a cig in one hand, and a stiff drink in the other.:)...

Jon,

Beer is good food. AFAIK, my health is perfect. Have a 5 yr. checkup scheduled for Nov., but they are not touching my colon.

I do not watch TV, it is a pablum for the uninspired and a waste of time.

A good smoke and a stiff drink is what made America. Just ask Bill Clinton, Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin, or even FDR.

George Bush the 2nd or Jimmy Carter were the only Presidents that I know in my lifetime that were teetotalers. Look where that got us.

Wish President Obama would start drinking more, his policies would make more sense.

JFife,

Which waterborne is your favorite on a deck?

Beth

None of them!!!:D Seriously, just not real user friendly. But I think DEFY's are the best and most oil-like in behavior and appearance. I've had DEFY Epoxy on my deck for three months now and, well, I've seen worse. Still looks good, VERY repellent. Sooooo flashy though. Check this out---guys stained it around 6pm w/ evening sun coming in one side....prob 80deg temps. WHERE THE SUN SHINED THROUGH MY SPINDLES, the shadows (from spindles) allowed stain to penetrate deeper, and where the sun hit straight on the deck, it is flashed higher to the surface! So I can look at my deck and see diagonal lines about 4" apart where the stain looks different due to the different penetration rate.

By far, the worst thing about the waterbornes is the flash. And we use Pchink's deck stain occasionally.....more similar to their wall stain, hides well.

Re: DEFY---ScottOPW said he thought DEFY Hardwoods was easiest to work with.

Sidenote: If your Pchink salesman tells you that "wheat" is an identical replacement to "light natural", run for the hills! It isn't even close. We are doing a house right now w/ wheat....and luckily HO likes it. But nothing like LN.

Jon,

Good eye. That crap is silly garbage sold by Oprah wanna be's. Not my cup of tea. Long Island is good enough for most people. My wife can be sold on some stupid stuff.

None of them!!!:D Seriously, just not real user friendly. But I think DEFY's are the best and most oil-like in behavior and appearance. I've had DEFY Epoxy on my deck for three months now and, well, I've seen worse. Still looks good, VERY repellent. Sooooo flashy though. Check this out---guys stained it around 6pm w/ evening sun coming in one side....prob 80deg temps. WHERE THE SUN SHINED THROUGH MY SPINDLES, the shadows (from spindles) allowed stain to penetrate deeper, and where the sun hit straight on the deck, it is flashed higher to the surface! So I can look at my deck and see diagonal lines about 4" apart where the stain looks different due to the different penetration rate.

By far, the worst thing about the waterbornes is the flash. And we use Pchink's deck stain occasionally.....more similar to their wall stain, hides well.

Re: DEFY---ScottOPW said he thought DEFY Hardwoods was easiest to work with.

Sidenote: If your Pchink salesman tells you that "wheat" is an identical replacement to "light natural", run for the hills! It isn't even close. We are doing a house right now w/ wheat....and luckily HO likes it. But nothing like LN.

Can't stand the P-chink Deck Endure. Once was enough with that. Have not found deck nirvana in waterbornes yet....

What happened to LN? Are you talking about the U2 line?

Beth

Beth,

U2 is an old rock band. LN is a puzzle. Care to elaborate? BTW, the Defy waterbase on my own ipe' deck as a test shows a lot of promise.

Edited by RPetry
addition of something serious.