Sign in to follow this  
Adrian

Disturbance in the Force

Amidst the turbulence yesterday on some of the other BBS there was a piece of info thrown out there that could have possibly ( and still could )

helped or given me a bit of a foothold for future growth. But my post went unnoticed. Not too uncommon as I usually don't have much to add other than a Conway twitty video or shameless self promotion of my music. I have a somewhat forgettable, but sunny disposition.

But I still have not recieved the knowledge I came to learn by posing the ???? on the battle post. That's cool. Maybe someone can help on TGS as I still come to these bbs to learn.

It was mentioned that the poster buys his RFP's from a company ( lead generator, I guess) for $250.00 a yr.

Can someone explain this to me? Is it like Svc Mgc, only commercial?

The disturbance in the force has caused a deficit in the ability to gain info this week for me. ( that was meant to be funny )

Thx Ron,

Checked a few of the sites you mentioned. Some are free. Still researching some of the info. Thx for the call.

So far, it could be another good move to enroll in.

I would like to hear of other' experiences.

All in all not much different from being a city's certified or registered vendor to recieve the same info.

There are multiple services out there that provide this service. I like them because they do not require a percentage for each job or a cost per lead. You can also subscribe to the local governments purchasing departments to receive job notifications, which are really few and far between, until you get established with them. The FBO bids are pretty interesting, and there are building wash bids, and such that come up from time to time.

The FBO bids are pretty interesting, and there are building wash bids, and such that come up from time to time.

I am throwing my ignorance out there so much lately for the world to see, I almost have no shame left BUT.....

What does FBO mean?

Thanks for the homework Beth. I have not seen these yet.

Are there ever any RFP's for wood resto? I have only dealt with resi's.

Is it a tappable market?

The gov't has to have wood somewhere right?

Right on, Thx Beth. Bookmarking those sites.

Just found out some grocery chains RFP on their website for the shopping cart cleaning.

I remember the fella that built his own shopping cart drive thru station. Then performed the repairs on site.

FBO= Federal Business Opportunities.

For what it is worth, many contracts are searchable on the city websites you are interested in dealing with. You can often find the previous contract, and what the contractor was charging, as well. Nearly every purchasing office has a solicitation page, and depending on local laws, there is a cutoff on what the price point is to be posted on the websites, or put out for competitive bid.

Get yourself a Dunns number and complete the paperwork for the GSA schedule and the proposals will go directly to your e-mail. No need to pay a 3rd party to do the same thing.

Get yourself a Dunns number and complete the paperwork for the GSA schedule and the proposals will go directly to your e-mail. No need to pay a 3rd party to do the same thing.

Great info. I have had a dunns # forever.

Will reshearch GSA Scgudule as well.

Thx.

I have the Duns # and have registered with the CCR but did not know anything about the GSA, Do you have to pay for that? Yearly? Or Is it free?

Thanks.

Superior Power Washing

Chris Chappell

361-853-2513

prostaff@superiorpowerwashing.com

House Cleaning

Driveway and Sidewalk Cleaning