Sign in to follow this  
jnoden

Thx for helping me make the jump to FT

Question

I put my resignation in with my day job. After 8 yrs as a probation and parole officer and five years of running my pressure washing business I have decided to move in to power washing full time. I found a job that will allow me to work full time during my my off season. I want to thank everyone on here who has offered good advice and helped me to grow my business.

14 answers to this question

HA! Ken your funny. Dont worry I doubt I will make it over that far unless it is a large project. You can train my guys though if you want because that is one thing that I am not looking forward to. I will be covering mostly York and Lancaster County and maybe some Berks and Dauphin but not much. I hope I do not feel the pressure to lower my prices because I have closed a lesser percentage of my leads then previous years mostly due to lower bids by owner/operators.

Hope to be there someday. Right now we're struggling with recognition as our marketing campaign is not producing overwhelming results (i.e. postcards, trifold etc...).

About frikkin' time. How far east you comin?

Hah! Now that is funny!

Andy, it takes a good three years for the ball to get really rolling.

This is really very good advice. The first two years involve pounding the pavement, trying to market effectively, establishing a referral business, and just getting more efficient and better at your trade.

This is America. The strong survive somehow and grow beyond their business projections. Others fall by the wayside, only to rise up again.

Hah! Now that is funny!

This is really very good advice. The first two years involve pounding the pavement, trying to market effectively, establishing a referral business, and just getting more efficient and better at your trade.

This is America. The strong survive somehow and grow beyond their business projections. Others fall by the wayside, only to rise up again.

LOL.. I was only asking because I get RFQ's out in Chester County that i can pass to Jim if he wanted them.

Rick, were you prophesizing in your last sentence?

... Rick, were you prophesizing in your last sentence?

Ken,

Not so sure what you are asking. WWC will be around for a while. I'm not in the mindset to retire at the moment. Having too much fun.

I am just hoping that I can get some good employees that will work hard, do the work as expected and stay for a little while. I am training one guy right now but I wonder if he can handle it. It is always more work then what the guys expect when you first hire them. They think pressure washing sounds like a fun and easy job and then they start working with chemicals, masking, spraying stain, heights, customers, rain days etc and it becomes more then they bargained for. I think one thing good about the poor job market is that the younger people are learning to work a little harder to keep their job. There are plenty out there who would take the job in a heart beat and do well. Its just finding them.

Yeah Ken I can cover part of Chester County but I never really get calls from that area. Thanks for thinking of that. You are in Philadelphia County right? I often get calls that are further then i would like to travel. I have most of my marketing targeting about a 20 mile radius from my shop except for log homes. Is that about what you do Ken?

Even less than that Jim. I have some customers in Malvern but they are 2000+ square foot ipe decks. The closest I have gotten to you was a commercial bid I did in Avondale. I cover Western Delaware County and some portions of the Main Line. I was in Villanova (13 miles from me) today. Most of my outta town leads come in the spring. Anything that comes through my wire out west, I'll shoot your way.