Sign in to follow this  
RGilliam

I need help. Cleaning 2 story Vinyl Siding

Question

We are cleaning several buildings. Two stories. Half Brick half vinyl. I'm trying to figure out the best way to do it. I was thinking about getting a scissor lift going that route. Anyone have any other suggestions?!?

post-5403-137772259638_thumb.jpg

post-5403-13777225967_thumb.jpg

45 answers to this question

I"m gonna go out on the limb here and say don't get the lift. Search a bit here perhaps.....Downstreaming and a .0040 tip come to mind here.....Even if you had to brush the gutters a long pole and a step ladder would get it.

Don't need a lift for that. I would probly stand on top of my little giant type of ladder with about ten feet of wand on the gun. Or I have a fourteen foot orchard ladder which

would put you right up there...It's nice to hit vinyl straight on or from above so

you don't lift anything up.

Yep, Downstream some good cleaners and save some time and money on a lift

There is no need for a lift on any two story basic vinyl cleaning. Use a 24' ladder with a stabilizer, downstream your mix and use the ladder and a Mr. Longarm brush. Very simple and fast.

Jeff

We are cleaning several buildings. Two stories. Half Brick half vinyl. I'm trying to figure out the best way to do it. I was thinking about getting a scissor lift going that route. Anyone have any other suggestions?!?

PLease go to "my controls" and complete your signature line. House Rules.

We have got alot of area to clean. The buildings are about 140 ft long. Theres several of them to do. It would take alot of time to move a ladder around. The mold is pretty bad on the other side. I'm probaly between the x-jet or a scissor lift. Not sure yet. I can get in some of those hard to reach spots with the scissor lift. I've never used the x-jet. Not really sure how thats going to do. Thanks for your input guys.

You really should be able to do that from the ground down streaming. I have found that a 79" straight lance like a zinc or stainless with at 79" alum lance connected at the end with a shouldered lance coupler gives you a very easy so control long lance that is able to reach the gutters and second story if you need to get up close. In this case from what I can tell a good detergent and rinse should be more than adequate to do this job.

I would love to compete in a bid against someone thinking they need a lift for this job. With the right equipment and chems, one crew could do three (or more) of those buildings in a day including manually scrubbing the outside of the gutters. The information you need is all contained in the archives of this BBS.

I would love to compete in a bid against someone thinking they need a lift for this job. With the right equipment and chems, one crew could do three (or more) of those buildings in a day including manually scrubbing the outside of the gutters. The information you need is all contained in the archives of this BBS.

Yep I was trying to post a quick pic but I think I need to shrink it. Anyway That's an easy one. Just search a little buddy, it's here.......

That building is a breeze with xjet or DS. The pain is going to be the overspray from either and getting the residents to comply with the work areas.

The pain is going to be the overspray from either and getting the residents to comply with the work areas.

You mean like closing their windows? LOL Not walking out their door when you are spraying the wall above them? Kids thinking it is a sprinkler? Things like that?

You mean like closing their windows? LOL Not walking out their door when you are spraying the wall above them? Kids thinking it is a sprinkler? Things like that?

Exactly.

Or running in the fog behind the mosquito spraying truck.

I used to live in Clarksville as a child. There was a base close by. Ft/ Campbell????? that my father was stationed at. '67-'68.

I was very young

Exactly.

Or running in the fog behind the mosquito spraying truck.

I used to live in Clarksville as a child. There was a base close by. Ft/ Campbell????? that my father was stationed at. '67-'68.

I was very young

He must have been in the 101st. It is still here and growing. Now they also have special forces units here.

Those buildings would DEFINITELY require the use of a lift. Using a good lift, some extension poles, and pump up sprayer, you should have those buildings banged out in a couple of weeks, easy.

Those buildings would DEFINITELY require the use of a lift. Using a good lift, some extension poles, and pump up sprayer, you should have those buildings banged out in a couple of weeks, easy.

Don't forget the shamwow for the windows.

Definitely downstream, use a ladder away from the wall so you don't lift the vinyl.

One guy should be able to do at least two in a day. I use a orchard ladder for three stories, not hard to move.