Sign in to follow this  
gutterdog

house wax

Question

This is an add on,to a house wash, For about a month now I've been pondering.

??? A cup full is all that is added to wash mix??? 5 Gallons? How is it that my cleaning mix contains sodium hydroclorite, butal, hydrochloride, water softeners, spot reducers, other stuff and leave a wax finish, if added?

Is that right?

Please dont tell me what you read cause I prob read it too!!!

Not being smart to noone.

Is this something I have to figure out on my own?

Here is a thought!!! Could charge extra for it!!! Do the house wash, and then go around the house and do the wax!!??

from experience, anyone that has had happy stuff from the customer. "oh its never looked so good!". That kinda responses. Adding the wax? Leave it here in the house wax thread!

Came back to say this. We as washers, Know the difference, with the cleaning we do. we see every part get clean. Does the customer notice the difference? Not in the cleaning, but the wax?

Thats the SELL! The premium house wash service!

The wax and all.

I wonder If I have some people thinking like me?

Edited by gutterdog

26 answers to this question

I use Envirospecs wax on every house we do, makes the rinse job much easier and adds a bit of gloss back to the siding. It also keeps the windows spot free!

2 thumbs up for Envirospec Premier and their Power House product, contains a high volume of SuperFlo Polymer which accounts for it’s surface gloss.

I just did my house with liquid car wax. Had to XJet it cause my downstreamer went kaput, but I was surprized how shiny the siding was after I was finished. Im curious to see how long it lasts.

Hmmm.. Well this all good feed back! I use power house. To wash. I have to get the gutters where I want them before I apply wax. ... uh. It should be done after right?

Edited by gutterdog

watch your step gutter mouth, you may be on somebody's toes. this is the second post that i have read from you that calls us "bunch of liars". if you want positive feedback then i suggest you show a little more respect on this forum.

rando

Hmmm.. Well this all good feed back! I use power house. To wash. I have to get the gutters where I want them before I apply wax. ... uh. It should be done after right? Any skilled guys out there done it before? Or am I surrounded by bunch of liars?

Knock it off. If people are not responding it might be that they are busy working. We will NOT tolerate the insulting other members.

Beth

I wonder If I have some people thinking like me?

I seriously doubt it.

The house wax is used for a purpose same as a deck sealer is used for a purpose....protection and increased time between maintenance!

Wax is applied to a dry house after the wash is complete. Doing otherwise and adding it to a mix is like putting a sealer in with your wash chemicals.

Rod!~

I seriously doubt it.

The house wax is used for a purpose same as a deck sealer is used for a purpose....protection and increased time between maintenance!

Wax is applied to a dry house after the wash is complete. Doing otherwise and adding it to a mix is like putting a sealer in with your wash chemicals.

Rod!~

Someone I trust said ok to add with house wash? I was thinking different. I messed around today with the house wax on 2 vehicles of mine. Got the downstreamer out. added more wax than told. Used my common sense. Even though both were done differently, I'm impressed with the wax. Outcomes were different also but both better than before. Think I'll call my dad up!!!! See if i can use his cars for more testing before next house wash friday!

Edited by gutterdog

Hard to ignore when he is trying to kill of his employees through ignorance in the proper use of chemicals.

Pat I got to learn like all of you guys did. That is from experience.

A saying 5+ years ago stands true today. You never get nothing right your first time. If you did you one lucky sob!

2 thumbs up for Envirospec Premier and their Power House product, contains a high volume of SuperFlo Polymer which accounts for it’s surface gloss.

Isnt that the same power house sunbrite has?

I've been coming to these forums for a few years now, and this wet wax treatment is something I've just never believed in. I just don't see how this kind of wax can stick to vinyl. And wasn't there some proof after a while that wax was food for mildew?

I've been coming to these forums for a few years now, and this wet wax treatment is something I've just never believed in. I just don't see how this kind of wax can stick to vinyl. And wasn't there some proof after a while that wax was food for mildew?

My understanding is the wax makes a surface that is harder for the mildew to stick to?

Also addressing the issue of adding wax to cleaning mix. Go to pep boys or wherever and see that car wash- wax is all in the same bottle?

I'm sure it would be best if wax applied second and separate from the wash mix. Have to charge extra the customer might not want to pay to do it that way? Go around the house a second time applying wax.

My understanding is the wax makes a surface that is harder for the mildew to stick to?

This attitude that is prevalent in the trades I just never understood. Why would you want to upsell something that will prolong the useful life of house wash - when you know the upsell would never recuperate the profits of more frequent cleanings. I've had dozens of folks inquiring about warrantees this year on house washings - it just blows my mind guys are going around trying to sell wash services with warrantees? Why? The painting trades is going through a warrantee phase right now - and 3 homes in my neighborhood under 3 different companies have already been 'warrantied' already, one house twice in 3 years - 4 more years go on the warrantee!!!!! Unless you really understand what you are doing - warrantees will just come back to haunt you! I'd rather just get paid to wash a house 2 years later, instead of honoring a 3 yr warrantee for free.