Sign in to follow this  
plainpainter

Amanda Knox - guilty?

Question

Even though I am of italian descent, my grandparents come from southern Italy. I went to Italy when I was 14 years old - and I have to tell you from my experiences - Italians are the biggest A$$HOLES on the face of the planet. That poor girl got SCREWED SCREWED SCREWED! Don't get me wrong, I love the country, the history, the fine food, the beautiful women, but man If there was ever an anti-american sentiment crazy mafioso place, it's Italy.

9 answers to this question

I've been there a few times in recent years and was never impressed with it. Rome is not a clean city at all and many people have few manners. I'll never forget the lady that took a whiz on the sidewalk about 20 feet in front of me. Nasty. Beautiful statues spray painted, trash on the lawns... You get the idea, similar to some parts of the USA.

To be fair I've been to Europe many times (going again in three months) and each country I have been to has it's "places."

Knox is full of garbage. She said she was downstairs and heard her screams yet did nothing to help her. Then she says she was there and saw the other two kill her but did nothing. Then she says she held her down and the other two murdered her. Then the DNA comes back and guess who's DNA is on the handle of the murder weapon...? hers. Then her lawyer says the knife cut to the victims throat was not lethal so even if she cut her she did not kill her....whatever.

Read the transcrip of the trial instead of the media hype and see what she is .. a killer no matter what.

Even though I am of italian descent, my grandparents come from southern Italy. I went to Italy when I was 14 years old - and I have to tell you from my experiences - Italians are the biggest A$$HOLES on the face of the planet. That poor girl got SCREWED SCREWED SCREWED! Don't get me wrong, I love the country, the history, the fine food, the beautiful women, but man If there was ever an anti-american sentiment crazy mafioso place, it's Italy.

I have no idea how old you are, but my step father was Italian. I spent 6 weeks there at age 13, and it was WONDERFUL. The Italians are pro-Italian (duh?), but I never experienced any kind of anti-American sentiment, but then I was there to experience their country and culture. I found them to be warm, and fun, and proud, and generous.

What happened to that girl was horrible, but an individual did it not a country.

Beth

Edited by Beth n Rod

I have no idea how old you are, but my step father was Italian. I spent 6 weeks there at age 13, and it was WONDERFUL. The Italians are pro-Italian (duh?), but I never experienced any kind of anti-American sentiment, but then I was there to experience their country and culture. I found them to be warm, and fun, and proud, and generous.

What happened to that girl was horrible, but an individual did it not a country.

Beth

What a coincidence, I too spent time in Italy when I was 13. Of course, there were no ruins then, folks were still using all the (now) museums! We were in Fiuggi (sp?) midway between Rome and Naples.

Well I am of German descent and probably closer than most as my dad did not get to the US until 1957. Now I am NOT a German-American... I am an American that happens to be of German descent. That is all that matters. I don't care where you came from unless you got here illegally because other than that it doesn't matter. Who you are now is what counts.

My grandmother once told me that the best part of WWII was when the American tanks (my other grandfather may have been driving one of these?) rolled into town and they knew the war was over for them. I have never been to the old country because really there is a LOT to see here in the USA without going over seas. The one place I do want to go eventually is Australia. I just think an outback tour would be cool. I can do without the big cities, does nothing for me.

One more thing Dan,,,, You expect people that come here to the USA to follow the laws right? How is that different for an American that travels abroad? Are we that much better than every one else? You may not like the laws in these other countries but they are the laws and if you don't want to be subject to them then stay home.