Sign in to follow this  
welder

New Kitchen.

Question

Now that the pictures are gonem This is from memory. With every thing tore out like that, If you wanted to get rid of those track lights and put in recessed lighting, now is the time. Chrome is cool but.... recessed is it.

You have a lot of backer boards up for your new cabinets, (horizontal 2x4s)

but did you write down the dimensions so after the sheet rock is up you know where they are at?

There was more, but I am out of time. Sorry you moved the thread, I wondered if I had any takers on the 2-1 bet. LOLOL JK. Good luck and keep some pics happening if you have time.

20 answers to this question

We did mark the boards, Rod was all over that. I love my track with the blue glass, that's staying (only thing that IS staying) but we are getting LOTS of new under cabinet lighting...

I have two photo albums and a journal here:

Beth Bachschmid Borrego - Washington, DC | Facebook

Beth Bachschmid Borrego - Washington, DC | Facebook

Login | Facebook

Beth

Thanks guys!!! :)

Note, the tile has radiant heating installed under it. That was fun to install, I actually like doing that project.

Tomorrow the cabinets arrive. Wednesday the granite people come to template. During the week we are waiting for the granite we will do all the finishing touches, including a custom pantry with wood frame doors and stainless steel inlays that Rod and I designed. The granite is scheduled to be installed the 23rd. Only two things could really screw it all up. One, damaged cabinets in shipping, or two the granite people can't make it on time. Once the granite is in I will install the travertine backsplash with the cobalt blue glass accents.....

PLEASE pray this is smooth. All I want is to cook a meal on Christmas.

Beth

I thought about showing my wife this thread. Then I got smart. I did buy her a double oven for Christmas, and best of all, she was thrilled. Of course, the microwave has to go, and then it will be the countertops. Of course, we have tile for the counter tops, so it will probably tear up the cabinets on removal. The refirgerator is new though, and she loves her dishwasher.

It looks very nice. I don't think I need radiant heat in our floors, though.

BTW, I think you need a faucet.

Scott - hold on the countertop pics - Beth is showing granite - we'll have a completely different option that I am so excited to get started on :)

Wait until you guys see our Christmas morning pics.....I'm gettin' ROCKS!

Ok...here's a combo of shots...some not grouted, some grouted....etc....

We still have trim work and a custom pantry with a wine rack to build.

Beth

p.s. Jim, you remember the bottle of wine you gave us? (actually it was two) Well those will be the first ones we add to the new rack!!!

post-1-137772300111_thumb.jpg

post-1-137772300162_thumb.jpg

post-1-13777230021_thumb.jpg

post-1-137772300257_thumb.jpg

post-1-137772300307_thumb.jpg

Here is the shot of the custom pantry, rod built it himself. I did the finishing work. He installed it. Cork drawer fronts were my idea, this was a real joint effort. But his skill and determination on the carpentry was amazing.

Beth

post-1-137772304298_thumb.jpg