Sign in to follow this  
jgotterb

Basics to start

I am hoping you all can help. I am starting up from scratch. I plan to buy all the very basics practice then start a business. My question is what do I need? I am going today to buy a very used Hydrotek hot cold skid. (250 degree 3200 psi 5.5 gpm) I am collecting the items to build a trailer (axle, steel tubing etc) ANy and all help is much appreciated.

What kind of pressure washing are you going to do ? That dictates what you need. also search the forum I am sure what you want to know has been answered allready.

Please fill out a signature - house rules :)

There are a LOT of NC/SC contractors in the business that would be happy to answer questions - probably more likely on the phone since typing can get difficult.

You're only about 3 hours southeast of us - welcome to come tag along anytime :)

Celeste

The most important "thing" you need: A very hungry market.

I would do tons and tons of research to confirm this before I spent a dime starting a business. Asking a couple of your friends doesn't qualify for research either ;)

Next, I would fill in the blanks of the spreadsheet made by none other than my buddy Philip Doolittle. I'll see if I can find the link for you.

Here it is.. post number 9

Edited by HotShot

There are people on here that are happy to spend hours on the phone with you. They will usually answer any questions that you have, and any questions that you should have. There is also the search button that is always useful, so that you can get ideas on different types of pressure washing, what you think sounds appealing to you, and what you think is within you abilities. Keep in mind that it is really much harder work than people on the outside think, which is part of the reason that the failure rate is so high in this field. Another thing might be that someone comes into the industry so ill prepared, because they have not done their research, and have no business plan.

Welcome to TGS.

While we are glad you found us here, this question has been asked many times before.

Grab a cup of coffee, close yourself in for a few weeks and help yourself to use the search feature.

Going into business requires a significant investment of time and the majority of it should be spent on research.

Time to hit the topics: Business-Accounting, Payroll and taxes, Business Management License requirements, Insurance coverage requirements, The Clean Water Act., O.S.H.A., E.P.A., D.O.T. regulations....just to get started.

Once you have these understood, then you can get to the basics of what machine, what chemicals, etc.

Rod!~