Sign in to follow this  
Celeste

Ah our lovely government :(

Question

11 answers to this question

Are you SURE that is real? There are no major news stories about it, Not on AP, not on Reuters, not on any major networks nothing. Also if you search for Al Quida Operatives Killed it come up with other things but not about anyone getting in trouble for murder.

Beth

It is true

The flaw in your search is "there are no major news stories about it" The main stream media won't run with this story.

Also please look at the case yourself and make a decision the army court saw that the expert who they used to prove where the rounds came from also could show the trajectory of the rounds showed they were defensive in nature and fit with what the Lt. said happened. The night the prosecution found out this information ( exculpatory evidence) He was taken off the base told he would not be needed and then sent home. If he had not raised his voice this evidence would have never been known to anyone.

Edited by Alexy

O-2 hoping for new trial in detainee death - Military News, News From Iraq & Afghanistan - Military Times

Michael Behenna JAG LAW Blog

There are lots of links like this with pretty much the same facts.

I going to go out on a limb here and you can throw things at me if you wish, but...

The US militaryholds its members to higher standard. Thats what sets us apart from the enemy. Officers ecpecially so. A military courts martial is not a show trial, regardless of whats portrayed in movies. Officers conduct the trial and take their positions very seriously. Yes there can be politics involved. But the MAJORITY of our officers are intelligent, good men and would not throw another officer in jail with out good cause.

Since I served I can say this in good consience.

If the facts presented are true, he deserved to be prosecuted. If there is other evidenct that should have been presented, he deserves an appeal.

If you pray, pray for justice. Justice means the guilty dont go free and the innocent do.

Jon - did you serve during WAR? I mean, gun in your face, crap blowing up around you, picking your friends up with tweesers kind of war after those people attacked on our soil kind of war? It's WAR - NY street gang murderers don't get the bs this soldier is getting :(

This is the sort of crap that scares me for my child - who is currently serving and is facing going over there. I hope we wipe our the entire country so she doesn't have to go. :bullistic

Didn't you hear? We are pulling out.

The problem is, the military tribunals are designed for a type of war that is unlike any that our military has had to engage in before. People hiding in religious sanctuaries, then decrying the ruthless nature of our military when they go in to get them, after they have been shot at. The enemy not only does not wear uniforms, but could be the man that fed you dinner the night before and told you how much he loves America for taking out Sadaam. We have worldwide military intelligence saying what the strength rating of a country is, including that countries leaders, to only go in and find out that everyone was wrong, because the enemy countries citizens were so scared of the ruthless nature of their dictator, that they told him exactly what he wanted to hear.

The world is upside down.

Jon - did you serve during WAR? I mean, gun in your face, crap blowing up around you, picking your friends up with tweesers kind of war after those people attacked on our soil kind of war? It's WAR - NY street gang murderers don't get the bs this soldier is getting :(

This is the sort of crap that scares me for my child - who is currently serving and is facing going over there. I hope we wipe our the entire country so she doesn't have to go. :bullistic

Thank God, No i didnt serve in war time. I hate the justice system we have in this country, but it's better than any where else. I dont like the rules of engagement the troops have to follow. They are stupid sometimes, but they have to be followed. Every soldier is briefed and briefed again on those rules, but there are gray areas. However, if the facts presented are true, The leutenant acted as a vigilante. No matter the circumstances, that cant be done.

I really do feel for parents with children serving there. Pray hard.