Sign in to follow this  
nick_nite

ipe deck, pool

Question

I have a huge ipe deck to clean with a huge swimming pool built in, HO is concerened about run off from deck cleaner going into pool. We did one a couple years ago and had no issues as HO ran pool filter when we were done....

15 answers to this question

Nick,

We had a similar situation last year with ipe' surrounding a salt water pool. The obvious solution was to get into the pool and direct the flow away from the water. Worked well, plus it was fun!

post-170-137772318632_thumb.jpeg

One time i had to do a pool deck and had to go in pool, temp outside was 45 so i put on my waiters water went in over the top of the waiters. I was a giant water balloon.

Edited by charlie

The HO is worried about soap going into pool and getting in the pool is not an option. I told her we would use pool bleach and water no soap, ipe has not had a sealer in a few years so should be no problem. Thanks for replies, Rick your never to old.......lol

There really isn't an issue . I do many cleanings around pools and a upay deck around a pool. The one day that it takes to clean does not cause any issues expect some minor residue. Owners must face reality. Never had an issue.

I don't want to be a wise ass here but we recover our used wash water instantly as opposed to re arranging the customers dirt and letting it go in the pool as well as everywhere else too....

I don't want to be a wise ass here but we recover our used wash water instantly as opposed to re arranging the customers dirt and letting it go in the pool as well as everywhere else too....

So how do you recover the water when you wash a deck?

The HO could not afford to clean the deck, the only jobs going green in my area our customers trying to give less green to the contractor. It costs over $500 bucks to bring a pickup truck load to our landfill, hell we pay $5.00 bucks for a trash bag.

I think your system is great but not feasible for us just to wash a deck.

There really isn't an issue . I do many cleanings around pools and a upay deck around a pool. The one day that it takes to clean does not cause any issues expect some minor residue. Owners must face reality. Never had an issue.

+1

Beth

The HO could not afford to clean the deck, the only jobs going green in my area our customers trying to give less green to the contractor. It costs over $500 bucks to bring a pickup truck load to our landfill, hell we pay $5.00 bucks for a trash bag.

I think your system is great but not feasible for us just to wash a deck.

Only time I have to take the wash water to a landfill is when I do a grease spill - other wise I filter to 5 micron and put it on their garden - the trash bag of dirt is dry when I toss it away. I always recover because its faster especially on big areas (2000-2500 sqft per hour hot water only). Sounds like you leave everything there too. But hey what ever you do is what you do - I have given up preaching and trying to convert people. Did you watch my City of Norcross GA video YouTube - USA Rose Inc using a Clean & Recovery Incline Vac.

If you can do that as fast as that and move on to the next job then good on you - really I mean that.

Again i'm inquiring on how you wash a deck & recover the water & debris before it goes to the ground. It sounds like by your post that you can do that, otherwise content shouldn't be posted in a deck restoration thread of this topic. If not, this posting should be in flatwork. JMO You have a nice setup, ben envious for years, just dont do much other than decks.