Sign in to follow this  
James

2 Ipe' , U-pay jobs

Question

Two U-pay jobs from the weekend.Smaller one a referral from Archedeck deck builders (new) and big one a referral from Beth and Grime Scene. Which had 3 coats of Sick O's on it. The Sikkens was put on right after completion and never penetrated. I used LCS to remove finish from EaCo chem 2 five gallon pails and 8 hours to strip 1000 sqft. 10 hours of finish work. New deck 7 hours prep and staining.

post-291-137772320401_thumb.jpg

post-291-137772320407_thumb.jpg

13 answers to this question

What is LCS if ya don't mind me asking. Nice work!

LCS is a stripper from EaCoChem.com if you want more info on it.

Now what's a "U-pay" job and Jim when you coming over and doing my IPE deck?

I have changed the name of ipe to U-PAY! Customers get it rather quickly. LSC is from EaCo and is a different blend of stripper. Works well for certain finishes like the one I removed above. Works fast!

AAHHH U-Pay except when its my deck.

I tried 2 years ago and it wasn't even close to what Jim is showing. Can you say "gray looks good to me dear".

Nice work Diamond Jim.

Kevin,

It looks like RS, possibly medium red, or light brown. With ipe' it is a bit hard, no matter what the pigment, paraffin oil looks very similar.

Attached picture, RS light brown, medium brown, and dark brown on a deck. Hard to tell ....

post-170-13777232254_thumb.jpg

You got that right Rick.

The Browns are hard to distinguish.

I have coated and coated my sample board with all 3 and it always throws the customer.

I have been pushing the reds like, well, a red pushing fool.

Stain application and type is a new innovation and method . Kept under my dog Skippy's food bowl. I was seriously considering dumping the care of U-pay but I am getting to many to fix. I received a couple of very interesting request today concerning U-pay !

I tried that lcs on a Sikkens job last year and it did not work that well for me, had to use Toms stripper strait and a lot of dwell time.