Sign in to follow this  
nitrox2595

Who is from North Carolina???

Question

Hello Everybody,

I was wondering who is from North Carolina from here. I am from NY, and we are in the process of moving to the Raleigh area. How is the business climate down there? I see from the news that it is actually colder than NY, which is crazy. We are moving because it is way too expensive here, and we are being surrounded by a religious "cult". I have a fairly good business(s) here, and i am up on the fence about leaving it in place and running it from NC. I have 1 guy that has been with me for 8 years and he pretty much runs it now, and my sister is the office manager. I have heard that the Raleigh area is not getting as slammed as the rest of the country is. Any truth to this? Thank You for the replies, and i would also be looking for someone to take on some jobs if i get any while i am not down there yet.PM me if you want to keep it private. NY is the most expensive state to live in, and my county pays the 3rd highest taxes in the WHOLE COUNTRY!!!. I will be saving $1,400 a month just by not living here.

19 answers to this question

Only colder than you guys right now...normally we'd be in the 50s now.

There's tons of pressure washing companies in NC especially Raleigh. Prices are lower than most everywhere else. Might work if you have a niche or a specialty but other than that...might be tough. I only do wood though so maybe some of the residential folks can chime in from NC

I travel more and more out of state because the Raleigh area is flooded with everyone that has cashed in their 401K to presure wash. Not faulting them, everyone has to make a buck. Business is not as good as it has been. Funny, most of the guys on the boards up North talk about 3 to 5 hundred dollar house washes. You are moving to the land of $175 house washes.

greeeeeeeeatt.. I don't know why we chose NC. We went on vacation and fell in love with wake forest.I do not HAVE to powerwash down there, i could keep my business in NY and run it by computer and go back 1x per month. My sister is our office manager. That is just what i have right now where i could start right away. I was offered a job running a demo company, but i can't wrap my head around working for someone else. We were making very good money up here, and i do EVERYTHING, when it comes to washing. So i either work it for another few months and sell it and buy something else in NC, or try to keep it going up here and do something else down there. Thanks for your input.

Let's see The Condo King is from Boston and invaded South Carolina and Cris is sending his special forces to do recon on how to Long Island NC. Three types of cleaning packages are in the works . Level one the Lincoln , two The Grant, and three the Sherman. The Sherman might be saved for Georgia only ?

Chris,

Norhtern California is wide open for deck restorations. It seems that most of the real pros are clustered on the east coast and the west is ripe for the picking. We have great weather, a large population, bargain housing now and great potential. You might have to hold your nose with our politicians and deficit, not that NY is doing well. If you would like to chat more, please send a PM.

Jake

I will put you in touch with my business partner, Steve Stephens, who served the Raleigh area for 30 years until a car wreck two years ago left him unable to continue cleaning. He is still in the area and can give you all the ins and outs.

GO BLUE !! Russ do they still have the North / South college football all star game? I got sum learn'in by a Confederate presshah washah in Raleigh .A guy named Steve Stephens.

Edited by James

Where median incomes are lowest

Rank State Median Income

1 Mississippi $35,693

2 Arkansas $37,987

3 West Virginia $39,170

4 Tennessee $40,034

5 South Carolina $41,548

6 Montana $41,587

7 Kentucky $41,828

8 Alabama $42,144

9 North Carolina $42,337

10 Louisiana $42,423

Source:U.S. Census Bureau

So Russ when is the south going to rise again:sonic:--Thats me running from Russ YIKES

Florida is like a little NY and N.Carolina is high on a NYers list For a great place to live.

Russ come to think of it the Big Boss on my "Other job" goes to Alabama every year to hunt with his brothers. He's almost as big as you with some big arms and chest and he has that because his other business is in the clamming and lobster business up here and he still rakes for clams at times....Man thank God I can pack heat cause there are to many of you big guys out there....Now if only I can see:2eyes: