Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

What is your favorite thing about the Holidays?

Question

What is your favorite thing about the Holidays? I thought it might be fun to see what everyone looks forward to, what traditions others have and what the favorite thing about this time of year is for everyone.

Beth :lghohoho:

11 answers to this question

Aside from the reason for the Holiday I guess I would have to say having my family here (they always gather at my house) and watching my son unwrap his toys. He got a letter Friday from the North Pole. Santa said he and Cody (the dog) were very good this year. I don't think Santa was looking very closley.

How long do you think I can keep up with Santa? Patrick just turned 6 years old and I think this might be his last year for believing.

My mom and my Uncle pulled a fast one on me when I was little. The year I started to question it, was the year my uncle slept on the sofa and cut some of Santa's beard off...got me for a couple more years.....

Beth

How fitting, I just finished wraping the rest of the gifts. My wife organizes and I wrap.

What I like is the 2 weeks off my day job and of course drinking alot of coffee with all my spare time. This year I actually did more shopping with my wife than years past. Don't know why, but I enjoyed it.

I love to see the kids open their gifts and just spending the day hangin with them. I don't really like all the gatherings, but all the good food makes up for it.

Merry Christmas everyone.

We used to take the kids to a shopping mall to see Santa. this was the real Santa, real whiskers, real leather belt, real leather boots, none of that plastic stuff. Jayme was getting to the age she questioned Santa Claus, & she did not want to sit on Santa's lap. My wife told Jayme to ask Santa if he knew Grandpa Russell. With a smirk, Jayme sat on Santa's lap and asked, "Do you know my Grandpa Russell?" Santa looked at my little girl and asked, "Does he live in Apple Valley?" Jayme looked at Santa and replied "Yes, not far from the School." Santa said "Of course, I have a summmer place not far from there, I have known Frank for many years." She got off Santa's lap, ran to us and told us that Santa knew Grandpa Russell. Made a believer of that little girl for a couple more years. Little did she know that her mother and Santa's son went to school together. Jayme has a daughter of her own, & I have told her that story several times. I am sure in a few years, I wll tell my daughter's grand children the same story.