Sign in to follow this  
Subseven

Need some help

I have a 4 GPM Honda powered unit that I have only used for blasting the mud off our 4x4's and such until this year. My uncle asked me if I could go pressure wash his 12 year old pressure treated deck. I did and WOW.

Now I want to add pressure washing to my services. Residential and Commercial. I do driveway seal coating now and build my own rigs. So this will be an upsell for me.

Here is my unit.

post-8675-137772393617_thumb.jpg

I gotta figure a few things out and was hoping I might get some help here.

• What parts do you guys think I might need to start doing these residential houses (including gutters)? I have looked at several extended wands for gutters but am not sure which is best.
  • I am going to call Bob about downstreaming as talked about here. I hope he can help me decipher what parts I need to add and where to hook up for my chemical injection.
  • Does anybody know any good chem suppliers in the north east? I live in the north eastern part of NY state. Just below Canada and straight across the lake from Vermont.

Thanks,

Jamey

post-8675-137772393594_thumb.jpg

post-8675-137772393608_thumb.jpg

You will want to do some more research on the proper detergents you will need to clean the wood the search feature here will help with that. Just pressure and water will be very damaging to the surface. You will need hoses, guns, tips and more to keep yourself up and running and to handle many jobs you encounter. Downstreamers will require additional parts like the injector and some nozzles. Feel free to call me as well I would be happy to help you get started. 855-351-9274

Great advice. Please don't clean wood with high pressure, you'll beat the snot out it. Let the correct chemicals do the work for you and the job will look even better than what you saw on your uncle's deck.