Sign in to follow this  
RPetry

Adirondack break

Question

Being late August, and the weather wet, I decided to close up shop and have some fun.

Took the dogs and my wife up to a friend's camp in the southern Adirondacks. Cool, crisp air, an outhouse for poopin' and a generator for electric. Fun.

I had given him a canoe years earlier, and we took some amazing trips through the flows and lakes of this nearly pristine area.

Photo #1 - Lia, my springer, and Nolie, my wife's pound for pound Joe Frasier schnauzer , devoted to their master. That is nonsense for as any respectable dog owner knows, I have treats in my hand.

Photo #2 - Me. Note the Heineken bottle in my hand. We are at least 5 miles from the nearest access/road, only accessible by canoe or float plane. I'm standing on an ancient spruce stump that has made a home for other natural flora. God bless nature. And God bless coolers and ice.

Photo #3 - Lia, my English Springer Spaniel, looking at my behind and wondering if am worth it. Good dogs are worth their weight in gold.

Photo #4 - She loves me. Good women, as well as good dogs, are a blessing.

Take time off. Enjoy life. Go fishing, hiking, canoeing, or just take a stroll down an empty street.

post-170-137772397221_thumb.jpg

post-170-137772397226_thumb.jpg

post-170-137772397231_thumb.jpg

post-170-137772397235_thumb.jpg

21 answers to this question

Hey Rick it looks you sure had fun with the picture showing you cracking the smile for us:cool: I use to go up there when I was a kid and we use to camp out there somewhere. I remember the Adirondack caves. They were cool and a great experience for any kid or adult much more so then veggin on the laptop that I am doing now...... I think will take my dogs on there first vaca like that next year... I;ve done it before out of season and I may do it again....lake George....or better yet where you are now. Do you know of any Cabins they rent up there for my family and my 2 chocolate labs who should be done eating couches by then...DOUGH!!!!!

... Do you know of any Cabins they rent up there for my family and my 2 chocolate labs ...

John,

One day we took the truck and drove a circular 100+ mile route in the southwestern section of the park. Must have seen 20 or so different "housekeeping" cabin accommodations.

Sounds very Zen like, I love being in the mountains but I need a toilet that flushes. I used to have a house on a huge lake it was beautiful, I miss it

Especially the spring and fall

I'm disappointed. I expected SOME kind of joke out of Diamond Jim.

Good luck with that. Before 10:00 AM, Jim is stopping by local Starbuck's and shilling local architects/designers. The man is notorious for buying $5 cafe latte's and getting 10K worth of work. Shameful. Except if you live in Conneticut.

And Rick, I'm sending Barbara this link too.

Beth

Thank you for that. I've been trying to snake that Germanic wood minx since I started in this silly business. That guttural accent just makes my blood boil. The real problem is her husband Tom. And he's a terrific friend and business partner!

I would not be in business today without Tom and Barb, their employees, and all of the support of ACR Products.

I'm disappointed. I expected SOME kind of joke out of Diamond Jim.

And Rick, I'm sending Barbara this link too.

Beth

. Ya Jim is losing it???

Rick doesn't do anything half assed. I thought that was your wife so I didn't say anything.

Diamond Jim,

Hah! Good one! I hope my wife Judy does not see this. On your next visit you'll be sleeping on the garage floor. And Nolie, the terror schnauzer, will chew your ankles off!

All,

After spending the week in Texas and Washington State, I arrive home for normalcy and end up seeing Rick's ass pointed skyward!!??!! Little wonder that Brian shot an 87!!! Did Rick clear these photos with the Obama administration?

Jake

I had such a bad round today, I shot a 87. Better than 9-5?? Still had some cold ones and a good time.

Brian,

Don't feel too bad, yesterday I hacked out a round of 92. Four 3 putt greens and my driver could not find the fairway. Managed to hit some stellar "out of the woods" shots. I'm getting too good at that.

... Did Rick clear these photos with the Obama administration?

Jake,

Speaking of our esteemed Commander in Chief, did you know that President Obama played 72 rounds of golf in his first 2.5 years in office? This puts the legacy of our most famous "golfing President", President Eisenhower, to the test. Poor President George W. Bush only managed a measly 24 golf outings in the full 8 years of his presidency.

If this is "Change We Can Believe In", I'm all for it. Barrack Obama was suppose to be a "community organizer" in Chicago, not a blue ribbon member of the country club elite.

Edited by RPetry
correction