Sign in to follow this  
Jim Gamble

So am I going through that Mid Life thing ....

Question

So I tell my wife, I WANT A NEW CAR. She says, you already have the Spyder what more do you want.......

I say for Christmas 2012 (not 2011) ....one of these...

So we have this..

OR we have that...

Or there is this also

OK So which one would you choose?

85 answers to this question

Lol...hmmm that's a different way to look at this.. Ummm I'll take some ........, porcelain teeth caps)

Hey John,

Already got that. Bro gave me a Christmas Present a few years ago. I asked for the money, he said it is a full mouth of porcelain and implants or nothing. I took the teeth.

Of course, I could say... FORGET THE PICKING UP THE KIDS thing and get this.....

Tony,

Unless you are seriously considering tracking the car, take a deep breathe and consider. The Exige is more track than road, is quite a bit more expensive used or new, and has poor rear visibility due to the design of the rear clamshell. Plus it's a hardtop. Any fun roadster must be a convertible.

Look into a used Lotus Elise. I just purchased an '05 stock and pristine, from a private sale with the original owner that was meticulous in servicing and body maintenance. Never saw a track, with 20K miles. A bit less than $30K. A Sector111 Katana 2 supercharger will be about $5500 including installation and will boost the bhp from 190 to about 253.

If you want a 1/4 mile monster, it is not the car. But if you enjoy driving twisty roads or track, a Lotus is just sublime. And affordable.

Audi's rule, Jim. We have a Q5 model. Simply unreal.

There's other modes of getting around too, for mid life crisis, I always suggest something with wings. lol.

I agree, have a rental for a few days, sure beats the 06 honda pilot that i am accustomed. (2.0T quattro)

Tony,

Unless you are seriously considering tracking the car, take a deep breathe and consider. The Exige is more track than road, is quite a bit more expensive used or new, and has poor rear visibility due to the design of the rear clamshell. Plus it's a hardtop. Any fun roadster must be a convertible.

Look into a used Lotus Elise. I just purchased an '05 stock and pristine, from a private sale with the original owner that was meticulous in servicing and body maintenance. Never saw a track, with 20K miles. A bit less than $30K. A Sector111 Katana 2 supercharger will be about $5500 including installation and will boost the bhp from 190 to about 253.

If you want a 1/4 mile monster, it is not the car. But if you enjoy driving twisty roads or track, a Lotus is just sublime. And affordable.

Had a neighbor with one, the car would handle the corners in to our development, like glue.

You could pass it on and get Chris S. some new teeth. He'd be very grateful. They might end up being the prettiest teeth you ever came across. :)

His were breaking off and developing holes at a rapid pace due to something he inherited from his mother. He just got unlucky. His full sister was blessed with great teeth (as I was, I'm 46 and have never even had a cavity) but poor Chris was living in misery for 2 years. He had all the top ones removed.

I hope he can afford to have those perfectly aligned chicklets like you have within the next few years.

IMG_1482.jpg

Here is one, Just out, Mustang introduces the NEW Shelby 500 Mustang....

They bolted on a new Eaton TVS Series 2300 supercharger (the same supercharger GM uses on LSA and LS9 engines) to the 5.8-liter mill. Add in a larger cooling fan, a higher-flowing intercooler pump, and a larger intercooler heat exchanger, and you get the GT500's 650 hp and 600 lb-ft of torque, and a top speed north of 200 mph. !

Read more: 2013 Ford Shelby GT500 and 2013 Mustang Lineup First Look - Motor Trend with 6

They BOSS 302 gets upgrades as well..... from brakes, to suspension, to HP !.

444 HP !, Yes that is 200+ HP lower then the Shelby GT 500, but the Shelby is also 20 grand more.

Question...

Is the 20 grand worth the extra performance, from speed, traction etc. if it is illegal to take the car to one third of it's potential ?

One thing for sure, this would be a bad ass Mustang !

Jim,

Only a reflection on what Henry Ford discovered a century ago. Americans love automobiles.

And Cleaners that love power and love= Powerwashing equipment and Bleach(Love).. and there is only one Bleach Bandit:) Hey are we going to see you at the Pig roast Next March??

They BOSS 302 gets upgrades as well..... from brakes, to suspension, to HP !.

444 HP !, Yes that is 200+ HP lower then the Shelby GT 500, but the Shelby is also 20 grand more.

Question...

Is the 20 grand worth the extra performance, from speed, traction etc. if it is illegal to take the car to one third of it's potential ?

One thing for sure, this would be a bad ass Mustang !

So lets ask this again......

Here is one, Just out, Mustang introduces the NEW Shelby 500 Mustang....

They bolted on a new Eaton TVS Series 2300 supercharger (the same supercharger GM uses on LSA and LS9 engines) to the 5.8-liter mill. Add in a larger cooling fan, a higher-flowing intercooler pump, and a larger intercooler heat exchanger, and you get the GT500's 650 hp and 600 lb-ft of torque, and a top speed north of 200 mph. !

Only thing better than the Shelby, would be the Ford GT-40. But I'm a Mustang kinda Guy, so I'd go Shelby.

Hey, I just realized someone stole my car off my wheels and left me with a cop car!

Yeah, that's right. I have to have the high performance GT500 wheels and meat to keep this beast on the ground. (Otherwise it floats and will fly away at speeds above 100) :)

gt500.jpg

2011-02-23_16-01-43_668-2.jpg

Hey, I just realized someone stole my car off my wheels and left me with a cop car!

Yeah, that's right. I have to have the high performance GT500 wheels and meat to keep this beast on the ground. (Otherwise it floats and will fly away at speeds above 100) :)

gt500.jpg

2011-02-23_16-01-43_668-2.jpg

Tony,

I remember that I was talking to you about buying a 2010 LEXUS GS 350, 2010 LINCOLN MKS or the 2010 BMW 5 series for my wife. You had a very strong opinion about the Japanese and American cars. I am sure you remember talking with me about it. So in a year or so, what changed your mind ?

WOW 449 hits in 4 days

Jim,

Not sure why you are so hyped up on thread hits. Get whatever car you so desire.

Your thread will not come close to many of the Wood forum threads new or old.

Tony,

I remember that I was talking to you about buying a 2010 LEXUS GS 350, 2010 LINCOLN MKS or the 2010 BMW 5 series for my wife. You had a very strong opinion about the Japanese and American cars. I am sure you remember talking with me about it. So in a year or so, what changed your mind ?

Jim, I don't recall you and I ever talking about Lexus, Lincoln or BMW. In 2010 I had a BMW and you showed no interest in BMW. You did, however show a lot of interest in the Genesis flagship Hyundai Genesis Sedan: Takes on Luxury Cars Mercedes, BMW & Lexus | Hyundai

I told you that due to the fact that I formerly sold new cars that I would not buy a Genesis because it's mother company is Hyundai and while they have increased in quality over the past few years, they are no where near the other brands yet.

You brought up the fact that it had much more horsepower than my BMW or the same size Mercedes. AND you mentioned the fact that it looked like a Mercedes from the front. You were so sold on it I was enticed to go take a look at one out of curiosity to see what all the hoopla was about. I drove it. It did have good horsepower, but it took a while to wind up. The brakes were inferior even to my Crown Vic. The ride was stiff but very quiet. By the time I made this test drive you and I were no longer conversing.

I have always believed that Lexus/Toyota make some of the best quality, but underachieving vehicles on the market. I also believe that most American cars are junk.

I bought the Crown Vic because Ford did not take the government bailout money. I know I didn't buy a new one, but I am supporting Ford in Parts and ALL our trucks are Fords now.

I also bought the Crown Vic because I could pay cash for it. I was tired of $700 + monthly payments and insurance in the mid $300's per month for each vehicle.

It was the right decision. I'm certain I will buy another Crown Vic, or two before the body styles look too old. We took this car on a 9000 mile vacation and it performed flawlessly, comfortably and quietly with mileage in the 20's. I've put almost 40k on it and have spent less than $300 in repairs excluding wheels and tires. (On the other hand, although it cost me nothing out of pocket because of the warranty and service contract - The BMW averaged over $2k in repair/brake work per year.)

I would have been unhappy with the BMW on that trip. It rode too rough, got worse gas mileage and was cramped with a lot less trunk space. (Plus cops didn't even give me a second look in the CV)

The performance isn't measurably greater. Here is a race between them in Kuwait or somewhere.