Do you get flu shots?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do you get flu shots?

• I always get a flu shot
    • I have gotten them before but don't always get one
    • I don't think it matters if the vaccine is not available
    • I never get a flu shot

Question

All you hear in the news these days, other than the election ads, is how we are short on flu vaccines. Our local grocery stores have always had it in the past.

Do you get a flu shot normally, how do you feel about the shortage this year?

Beth

16 answers to this question

I have had the flu shots before, last year I did not, and wish i had. This year will not be able to find one. Though I am still a health care worker and do work around patients on some Saturdays and during the winter, there are too many seniors around for me to take one of their shots away. I may be 3 months shy of 50, but I refuse to be a senior yet. :)

Reed

ps, one more note on shots, every one better have their tetanus shot up to date. They last for 10 years and the winter is as good a time as any to get yours.

I normally get a flu shot every year, but I have to agee with Reed on not taking a shot away from the elderly. I believe the craziness of the whole situation is that people always want something that they cannot have.

With the guesswork of the flu vaccination, on predicting which strand of virus will be around this season and so forth, I am not concerned about not getting a shot this year. I only got the shot each year for the past 4 to 5 years, because my work place provided me with the shot.

John

Before I did this gig full time, my previous workplace provided them for free or low cost. Of course I took them up on that offer. I haven't had a shot the past three seasons and have had no problems yet....

The only time I have gotten a flu shot was about three years ago. The funny thing is, I had the flu worse that year then I think I have ever had it in my life. I was sick for probably 10 days. The flu virus is constantly changing and I feel by the time you get the shot the flu virus is probably different then it was when the vaccine was made.

Have never had a flu shot....may have had the flu once when I was a kid. If I ever feel any symptoms coming on, I down two or three theraflu doses at a time and go to bed and have a fine day after. Exercise and a good dose of vitamins go a long way towards prevention, although lately I haven't had either.

I always get a flu shot and this year is no exception. I work full time in the ICU as a Nurse, Most in the PWing industry are healthy - relatively younger people who may survive the flu if they did get it, I have seen people, young and old alike die from the flu. I get it not because I fear the flu, but more importantly I fear picking it up and transmitting to aready sick people that I care for before my symptoms would appear. The flu virus is constantly changing as one person stated. If I didn't work in healthcare, I probably wouldn't get it... but then again I like to play poker and gamble also

Reed; Excellent post about getting the tetanus shot.... Its a real disease that is easily preventable and has terrible consequenses if contracted

I used to get them every year but have started questioning my doctor if they really work and help or not.

I probably will not get them again even though I am getting a bit older.

Today's paper said they don't help the elderly that much so what's the real reason they push it?

Besides how does anyone truly know what they are giving you?

I'm healty, overweight but healthy.

Jon