Sign in to follow this  
Chappy

cold weather

Question

I know to most of you this is going to sound ridiculous, but its fraking cold this morning!!!!!!! Right now its 45 deg outside my office door. Good Lord I didn't think Id ever think 45 was miserable, but after 25 years here i think I'm finally acclimated to the heat. I think i have icicles on my toes.

13 answers to this question

You think that is cold Jon, maryland was even colder, had to get my neighbors kid to school because their cars that were parked outside over night would not open (locks would open but the doors were ice welded shut after all the rain and then freezing temps)

We have been working in the rain and cold all week. It gets hard when the wind starts blowing. We are doing 4-5 story buildings and even with all our 10 gal. Machines it gets hard to reach with bad winds. I can deal with cold and rain but not wind.

Wed, up at 4:00 AM, Temp 9°F. Left home at 5:00 AM. First job, 15°F 7:00 AM fire suppression service. Next job 8:00 AM, 25 °F. Hood, Finish at 10:AM 30°F. Arrive home Noon 35°F. Summer is back!

Today, first job Elliot & I went 80 miles east on sprinkler repair, then 15 milrs south, estimate on sprinkler, then 15 miles north, sprinkler estimate, 80 miles West, inspect frozen sprinkler. Roy went North 125 miles to inspect leaking sprinkler pipe. Matt and Elliot started to repair frozen sprnkler pipe.

Tommorrow, Brian & I test fire alarm, Matt and Elliot start sprinkler repair, Then they go North 125 miles for sprinkler repair. I go 125 miles West for system and gas inspection.

Sat, day of office work

Sun, Matt and Elliot go 80 miles S and do 4 hoods. Monday, Tues, and Wed they go another 75 miles S and do 4 hoods, extinguisehr servcies, and 5 suppression systems services.

Thurs, and Fri Matt and Elliot are off.

Hale day before here night time temps ended up in the 20's...mtns had 2 inches of snow...the average temps each job we went to in the 20's.Been raining to and cool not cold yet..lol.All in the hood cleaning game.

Marko

yeah, but it's a humid cold here. Dont you know it's not the cold its the humidity? or some such saying. Anyway, problem is over. back to the 70s and only mid 50s at night. Time to turn the air conditioner back on. :lildevil:

Was 47 or so in Raleigh today. Today I powerwashed some egg vandalism off a house and windows. Two weeks ago I powerwashed deer blood from asphalt from a huge deer, apparently freshly killed and left for a prank. Lots of pranks in the area lately :D Must be the cold coming on....

... Two weeks ago I powerwashed deer blood from asphalt from a huge deer, apparently freshly killed and left for a prank. ....

Doug,

Unless that deer was road kill, that is more than a prank. It is morally criminal. Hunting is more than a sport, it is an instinctual activity eons old to provide food for survival. I am not a hunter but approve of those that are, as long as they eat, skin, or put to good use what they kill.

Just killing for the bravado is corrupt. Aside from varmits or protection of home, family, or in some cases livestock.