Sign in to follow this  
Ron Musgraves

Wood guys in MN might want to read what Pollution control wants them doing!!

Question

Ron **********'s Photos | Facebook

This was a Card sent to PW , painter from Pollution control dept. Same type of folks in Houston, enforcement devision for offenders.

I'm sharing this not to cause a riot, its just awareness. Frankly I'm tired of ridiculous confusion by our industry leaders and Contractors alike.

A couple people in MN have reached out for help, I have looked into it. YES i Recorded the conversation for the guys who always doubt. They are interested mainly in Wood restoration contractors not reclaiming the striping and cleaning process.

Just FYI

Please keep the thread Clean, this was just a FYI

55 answers to this question

After reading, it doesn't seem to apply that much to house washing. Chlorine isn't among the contaminants they are talking about, and doesn't pose any heavy metal risk. As long as you're not blasting lead paint, I don't see a real issue. There may be some concern for rust removal and surface cleaning. Whatever the case, someone should step up and try to nip this in the bud.

After reading, it doesn't seem to apply that much to house washing. Chlorine isn't among the contaminants they are talking about, and doesn't pose any heavy metal risk. As long as you're not blasting lead paint, I don't see a real issue. There may be some concern for rust removal and surface cleaning. Whatever the case, someone should step up and try to nip this in the bud.

They specifically said verbally they are concerned with Painter & guys restoring wood. Did you read the bottom of the card? now this was Six months ago, maybe since then the local guys have made some sense to them about this?

- - - Updated - - -

Adam in Florida you have some responsible authorities, all pretty good people.

From what I have heard, this is something that other cities are looking into as there are scare tactics being used all around the country and the cities want to be safe and protect their citizens.

Ron did a lot to help out the city of Houston, sounds like that city needs some help also.

With all that Ron does to help this industry, I hate to think what will happen when Ron retires in a few years or less and the "heros", "most respected", "most experienced", etc.... don't have a clue what to do to help the city as they just sat and watched or actually helped caused the problem.

With everything happening in Houston, it seems like the people that focus on wood restoration are just sitting back thinking that the stuff happening in Houston will never happen to them because they are not in Houston, they do wood restoration, not concrete cleaning, they don't have anything running off into storm drains, etc..... Looks like the reality is here now and time to think about what to do.

Hey Ron, I did read the card, and I actually downloaded and read both PDF's. I admit, I did scan through some areas and not read every last word, but I did miss the part about wood care.

I am highly concerned about all of this, whether my area is good or not. I don't want this kind of thing to start spreading. This issue is like a virus to our industry, and should be quarantined and snuffed out asap.

Yeah we all concerned, like I said before I recorded the conversation. I'll plug it up for the non believers in the coming days. I need to get the boss's permission from pollution control. The head guys not very responsive.

Text me anytime for question 480-522-5227

From what I have heard, this is something that other cities are looking into as there are scare tactics being used all around the country and the cities want to be safe and protect their citizens.

Ron did a lot to help out the city of Houston, sounds like that city needs some help also.

With all that Ron does to help this industry, I hate to think what will happen when Ron retires in a few years or less and the "heros", "most respected", "most experienced", etc.... don't have a clue what to do to help the city as they just sat and watched or actually helped caused the problem.

With everything happening in Houston, it seems like the people that focus on wood restoration are just sitting back thinking that the stuff happening in Houston will never happen to them because they are not in Houston, they do wood restoration, not concrete cleaning, they don't have anything running off into storm drains, etc..... Looks like the reality is here now and time to think about what to do.

Oh it's not the first time Chris , happened in Nc . They got stopped before they could get it off ground

Yeah we all concerned, like I said before I recorded the conversation. I'll plug it up for the non believers in the coming days. I need to get the boss's permission from pollution control. The head guys not very responsive.

I have no reason to question your integrity, but I would love to hear what's being said, and I appreciate you and everyone else sticking their neck out for this stuff. Thanks!

Before anyone gets all excited, First I have not heard of anything about Wood Decks or reclaim from power washing a wood deck. I have heard about spills and having the contractor be responsible for cleaning that mess up the same way as if a painter dumped 5 gallons of oil base paint.

This thread sounds like a scare tactic to get everyone all work up. Nothing new.

Check with your local EPA Agencies for the correct answers. Do not take anyones word on any BBS and especially DO NOT TAKE ONE CITY OR COUNTY AND THINK IT IS THE LAW OF THE LAND. Usually if it is too strict, it usually does not get enforced and gets over turned in a short amount of time.

BMP's need to be reasonable and rational to stay on the books.

Before anyone gets all excited, First I have not heard of anything about Wood Decks or reclaim from power washing a wood deck. I have heard about spills and having the contractor be responsible for cleaning that mess up the same way as if a painter dumped 5 gallons of oil base paint.

This thread sounds like a scare tactic to get everyone all work up. Nothing new.

Check with your local EPA Agencies for the correct answers. Do not take anyones word on any BBS and especially DO NOT TAKE ONE CITY OR COUNTY AND THINK IT IS THE LAW OF THE LAND. Usually if it is too strict, it usually does not get enforced and gets over turned in a short amount of time.

BMP's need to be reasonable and rational to stay on the books.

I'll politely ask you not to make insinuation about getting others excited.

My track record has proven time and time again and again truth!!!

The reality is that they one have no guidance from anyone or the wrong guidance.

Without disrespect to anyone I do not know particulars. This was also months ago, if you look at the original post on Facebook it's old.

The group I worked with are clear to wash without reclaim by there pollution dept.

Keep in mind this it a state agency. They actually have jurisdiction on private property.

Since your the Pwna representative maybe you could call get the numbers and names like I have gotten and get the scoop. Things can change on interpretation over night. My calls where made months ago, maybe you can deliver good news.

I will ask you respectfully discrediting each other does nothing. Serves no purpose and makes everyone look un professional.

Myself and the www.*****.org will remain focused to help all contractors distributors and customers to find answers to resolve problems. Not to argue or incite others as you have so boldly suggested.

If you check history many attempts prior to this one has requested even simple house washing be reclaimed. The www.*****.org along with local support from other organization prevented reclaim on homes in 2010 in north carolina.

Counties and other cities have been successful too, there's nothing new here. All these to my knowledge have changed stance.

We need to work together with each other to keep the industry profitable. Regardless of our differences!

The issue is they eventually realize the relationship is not sustainable. The problem with this often damage is done. We need a program to prevent instead of react. This is when we as leaders will be affective to our industry. Together we should all be working towards our common goals.

You last sentence says it all!!

I'll politely ask you not to make insinuation about getting others excited.

My track record has proven time and time again and again truth!!!

The reality is that they one have no guidance from anyone or the wrong guidance.

Without disrespect to anyone I do not know particulars. This was also months ago, if you look at the original post on Facebook it's old.

The group I worked with are clear to wash without reclaim by there pollution dept.

Keep in mind this it a state agency. They actually have jurisdiction on private property.

Since your the Pwna representative maybe you could call get the numbers and names like I have gotten and get the scoop. Things can change on interpretation over night. My calls where made months ago, maybe you can deliver good news.

I will ask you respectfully discrediting each other does nothing. Serves no purpose and makes everyone look un professional.

Myself and the United Association of Mobile Contract Cleaners will remain focused to help all contractors distributors and customers to find answers to resolve problems. Not to argue or incite others as you have so boldly suggested.

If you check history many attempts prior to this one has requested even simple house washing be reclaimed. The United Association of Mobile Contract Cleaners along with local support from other organization prevented reclaim on homes in 2010 in north carolina.

Counties and other cities have been successful too, there's nothing new here. All these to my knowledge have changed stance.

We need to work together with each other to keep the industry profitable. Regardless of our differences!

The issue is they eventually realize the relationship is not sustainable. The problem with this often damage is done. We need a program to prevent instead of react. This is when we as leaders will be affective to our industry. Together we should all be working towards our common goals.

You last sentence says it all!!

Check with your local EPA Agencies for the correct answers. DO NOT TAKE ONE CITY OR COUNTY AND THINK IT IS THE LAW OF THE LAND. Usually if it is too strict, it usually does not get enforced and gets over turned in a short amount of time.

Note the State of such idiotic regulation. Minnesota.

Michele Bachmann of Presidential ambition, Jesse Ventura, a "wrestler" as Governor, and a two bit bad comedian, Al Franken, as a U.S. senator.

California has always been a bit weird, but Minnesota is beyond the pale. Very interesting State.

....Rick makes a good point....the state is....ayep.

Beth

Beth,

I live in NJ, an also interesting electorate. What does "ayep" mean? I'm not up on these things, getting old. Hah!

Really......really....... Really....

There is more sodium hypochlorite in our freaking drinking water than what's required for a house wash mix.

The amount of dihydrogen monoxide and chems required for any average deck strip cannot be recovered feesably and never reaches the table below.

Crazy.... Just another case of the other man bringing down the brother man.

Geez. Stupid. Leave the woodies alone.

While Minnesota may be a strange state it doesn't take long for stupidity to cross state lines. Just look at the VOCs...we were all perfectly content until Cali and others started turning the tide.

- - - Updated - - -

Also please fill out your signature Adrian. ;)

While Minnesota may be a strange state it doesn't take long for stupidity to cross state lines. Just look at the VOCs...we were all perfectly content until Cali and others started turning the tide.

- - - Updated - - -

Also please fill out your signature Adrian. ;)

wierd... I re edited and still nothing.

Something is up, I resaved and nothing.

Hmmm there it is.....

Probably a result of the R.F.I.D. implants.

Things are shutting down around me everywhere I go.

lol...... no wait.....

Adrian,

At least you live in a state where firearms are still legal. Count you're blessings ...

And you know what they say about Texas.......

....everythings bigger esp. the guns...

Very well protected state.

..... You can always get a CHL Rick..... cant you???

........ You can always get a CHL Rick..... cant you???

Adrian,

From what I understand, it is nearly impossible for the average citizen to obtain a CHL in NJ. A quote on NJ law ...

Issuance of the permit is almost completely discretionary, and New Jersey courts have upheld the policy of strictly limiting permits “to persons specifically employed in security work . . . and to others who can establish an urgent necessity for carrying guns for self-protection.”

Not that I want a gun or own one. But as a law abiding, responsible citizen, I should be afforded that basic Constitutional right.

Check with your local EPA Agencies for the correct answers. DO NOT TAKE ONE CITY OR COUNTY AND THINK IT IS THE LAW OF THE LAND. Usually if it is too strict, it usually does not get enforced and gets over turned in a short amount of time.

We should not be standing behind those who fight for these regulation then Jim .

The folks who started this one started many others.

Let's see if it can change in the future based on you recent statements.

Thanks