Sign in to follow this  
R L S

Mildewcide

Have any of you guys used Eniviro-Specs product called Premier.It says it will remove mildew and with no sodium hypochlorite. If any one has used it is it any good? Any info would be great. I called e-spec and the sales person knew sqaut about this chem.

Thanks alot for any feed back.

RLS

Have any of you guys used Eniviro-Specs product called Premier.It says it will remove mildew and with no sodium hypochlorite. If any one has used it is it any good? Any info would be great. I called e-spec and the sales person knew sqaut about this chem.

RLS

Then you need to ask the salesperson to connect you to somebody who does know about it.

They do have a technical support department.

Aplus,

I asked to talk to the tech. dept. but the lady I was dealing with said no one was there and that she was telling me all things the tech. dept would say any way. All she was doing was reading me things from the same catalog I was looking at. I figured I'd try here for some input from folks that may have used it before.

RLS

I had an equally poor response from espec. They had thier sale catalog online with the assicaited discount prices. The sale said ends in September and this was October 2nd. Seeing as they still had the prices posted online I put together a $900 order. I voiced my displeasure many times to the lady answering when she said there was nothing she could do. I asked her to put someone on I could talk to. After all, I was a new customer and I couldn't see the problem with giving me the prices. She wouldn't budge. I was not in the mood to fight and I placed the order reluctantly (and was UNIMPRESSED with the chems) On top of that, after they gave me the final billing during that call I get a message on my voice mail informing that they were billing me an additional $50. No explaination, nothing. I will NEVER do business with them again. I'm glad TGS is now carrying housewash chems. Beth look forward to a nice order in the spring.

I also had a bad experience with them myself. They sent me the wrong 1.50 plastic tip on a chem sprayer I ordered and they wanted me to send it back to them so they could send me the right one. I asked the "phone Girl" if they could just send me the right tip without me spending my money and my time to send them back their 1.50 tip. The owner jumped on the phone, told me who he was (as though I was supposed to be impressed) and rudly requested a yes or no ansewer to shipping the 1.50 tip back to them. At that point, I was a little pissed off (after receiving the worst treatment that I have ever had as a paying customer)and told him no, and he procedded to tell me that they would remember that. I have never, ever in my life been treated so poorly as a paying customer. Somebody has gotten a little to big for their breeches. Need not forget who pays your bills.

If the product is not sodium hypoclorite (bleach) then it may be a percarbonate, which is the oxegenated version in the bleach family. It won't harm the wood lignin like bleach will. Many people sell a percarb. We do too, in fact we sell two of them, and they are slightly different and both have a good place in our arsenal. They are EFC-38 and F-10.

Sorry you had a bad expereince with them. Let me know if I can be of help.

Beth

RLS

Nothing will kill mildew except for sodium hyporchlorite.......What espec is saying is that with their chem (premier) and HIGH PRESSURE it will remove mildew, but it is still microscopically there and will return faster than if you kill it. It's like mowing your weeds vrs killing them.

F-13 is a potassium hydroxide (alkaline) based product with 5% by weight.

F-13 is a general purpose degreaser that works well on siding and also gutters. It can be diluted up to 100-1, for general house washing I recommend 40-1.

It can be mixed with sodium hyporchlorite to kill the mildew. Be sure to mix in a container that can breath. Only mix what you need, after mixed it will have a shelf life of about 2 hours.

I too have ordered product from epec. It was d-limolene. Housewash mixture that was to be used in order not to have to utilize Bleach. This stuff was terrible. I spent about one hour on two sides then decided to used bleach and completed the other sides in half the time.

I agree with Beth, this stuff did not budge the mildew until I was approx. right up against the siding before I started to see results.

I too thought I was the only one that called epecs for info about their chems and no one EVER was availible to provide that info other that the lady taking the orders. I purchased chems from them because their about 1.5 hours from my location. But I am considing looking elsewhere for my products.

I ordered a 36" wand last week and the lady sent me a 36' wand only. I wanted the wand with the black insulator on it, which I asked for.

The lady said I was responsible for sending it back on my dime, then pay the additional cost for the right one. I have no issues with paying the new cost, but why make me pay to send it back, when they inputed the wrong product number in.

Does anyone know of a good distributor in the metro Atlanta area that cares about it customers and have good products?

Degraffred

I use e-spec for smaller items, like q/c's, plugs, o-rings, hoses etc. If I know exactly what I want, and need no help, their prices can't be beat.

I look at it like this.

E-spec is the Kmart price, with no service. For the lowest possible price, you take the chance that you won't require customer service.

Beth, Rod, and many other vendors may charge a little more for some items, but full service and support is there when you need it. They provide a Nordstroms value.

Capeesh?