Sign in to follow this  
John T

Retiring from my moderating status here.

Question

Anyone interested in Joining the TGS Moderating team in helping to keep this Bulletin board at the top of it's profession? Contact Beth/Rod thru a PM here to see if they need some slots filled. It's been a good experience and it's been rewarding being a part of this ever growing site.

As for me except for a few months last year I've been part of the TGS moderating team from the beginning of this site. It's time for me to hang that up. 10 yrs has been a long time and I probably should have left a couple of years ago. It's time to bring in the new and out with the old for guys like me because Political correctness is not my style.

The best advice I could give for future Mods here is if you want to Mod stay away from the Powerwashing orgs and the politics because it's to slippery of a slope to do both. I should know because I've been doing that for...to many years:)

Lastly thanks Rod and especially you Beth for letting me join the TGS team from their inception.

21 answers to this question

Anyone interested in Joining the TGS Moderating team in helping to keep this Bulletin board at the top of it's profession?

You need a sabbatical bad....that would be like adding 10 moderators.

The best advice I could give for future Mods here is if you want to Mod stay away from.....

Jack Daniels

John, I have had the pleasure of watching you grow your business over the years and meeting you in person several times. Always enjoyed your enthusaism and gusto you have had for this industry. I am thankful for all YOU have done and applaude your desire to do as you see right. You never struck me as one to be harmful; only eager to be part of something you seemed to love. While you have often been in the middle of much debate, I truely believe your intentions have always been honorable. I know you and your beautiful wife deserve some quality time together, so getting off these boards should allow that. I know you won't be completely gone because this stuff is in your blood. Thank you for All of your efforts over the years. I am sure it wll be hard to replace your dedication that is needed to moderate these boards!

John, I have had the pleasure of watching you grow your business over the years and meeting you in person several times. Always enjoyed your enthusaism and gusto you have had for this industry. I am thankful for all YOU have done and applaude your desire to do as you see right. You never struck me as one to be harmful; only eager to be part of something you seemed to love. While you have often been in the middle of much debate, I truely believe your intentions have always been honorable. I know you and your beautiful wife deserve some quality time together, so getting off these boards should allow that. I know you won't be completely gone because this stuff is in your blood. Thank you for All of your efforts over the years. I am sure it wll be hard to replace your dedication that is needed to moderate these boards!

Great Post.

John has always been a straight forward guy. Some may not like that, but it is what it is.

Enjoy Kris... You'll meet some cool people on the inside. If you take a liking to the mod area's it's almost a precursor to going the next step by doing things together with likewise contractors.

Some of us went from Mods to Board of Directors in the same time frame such as Beth, Mike Hughes and myself. A bunch of us held our own Roundtables and helped others do theirs as well.. If you like the group thing and your inspired enough your going to meet some very awesome people..

Who knows.. You may be the first Forum mod here who gets to infract me(You'll learn about that system as well)

Thankfully I only had to infract 3 people and ban 2 of them in 10yrs here and on all the other bb's I did combined.

If you have any question always feel free to hit me up on a PM or email.

Thanks Tracy that means alot to me and your right. Working with you guys and really having similar likeminded goals and actually completing them or at least giving it the best effort I can is in my blood. Your past employer use to say I bleed purple in my org days. It's really about helping each other and it doesn't necessarily have to be org related..

I Know I'll cya around somewhere in the future-- I think we need to rematch each other in pool:)

Great Post.

John has always been a straight forward guy. Some may not like that, but it is what it is.

Thanks Jimbo.. Yes your right on... You want the answer I'll give it to ya straight. Consistency has always been my thing. Some people may find this odd even when I was in law enforcement, I have no real enemies. From a hardcore criminal to a Mother Type person, I always found that if your going to say something people want the truth. So the one thing I have never been accused of by anyone that matters is having a lack of Integrity.

Looking forward to working with ya again for the 2014 Parking Garage Event.

Kudos kris....my thoughts on being a mod are when u don't take sides and you just moderate the rules for the bbs.

Mods should set a example for people to follow, however be firm on the rules.

As a new mod ....you have been upgraded and should not be part of any future problems but part of a solution.

The reason I am suggesting this is that you being new to becoming a moderater .....have a chance to start fresh with a new beginning and a fresh slate as a Mod.

How you handle yourself will reflect the respect you will receive.

Don't take what I say personally ......It applies to me as well.

Kudos kris....my thoughts on being a mod are when u don't take sides and you just moderate the rules for the bbs.

As a new mod ....you have been upgraded and should not be part of any future problems but part of a solution.

The reason I am suggesting this is that you being new to becoming a moderater .....have a chance to start fresh with a new beginning and a fresh slate as a Mod.

Well said AL !

Some say I would have difficulties being a moderator, though I am a Super Mod on another BBS. I find it hard to be objective at times, to stay on neutral ground as one would say, especially when someone is giving incorrect information about discharge and POTW permits. Something that I have been doing before most every thought about washing.

By the way, I need to talk with you for our quarterly talks. You always keep me smiling AL. I need to make sure my cell phone is fully charged this time...we always end up talking for hours...LOL.

Also, the Parking Garage Event maybe going out east this time around. Hopefully we can meet at that event. Dodge and Ford looks like they will be going to the event as well.

Thank you Al and Jim. Some need to remember that Mods are just like anyone else here and we are all in the same industry. Our opinion differs from one another, and there is nothing wrong with that. At times I think it's appropriate that moderators moderate other moderators. Especially when an opinion differs from another contractor. But what isn't right is when a moderator forces their beliefs on another (even if they are correct) just because they are a Moderator. I respect each opinion and thought given by anyone, I just don't have to agree with it. Also just because someone is a moderator does not mean you have to feel like you're stepping on eggshells. I am looking forward to this experience as Moderator, but for the time being I am just sitting back watching.

Al...... _+1

Well put!!!

The only thing I would add is to bring a balancing pole as well. Because the fence we have to walk on many times turn into a tight rope. ( in a hurry)

Anyone interested in Joining the TGS Moderating team in helping to keep this Bulletin board at the top of it's profession? Contact Beth/Rod thru a PM here to see if they need some slots filled. It's been a good experience and it's been rewarding being a part of this ever growing site.

As for me except for a few months last year I've been part of the TGS moderating team from the beginning of this site. It's time for me to hang that up. 10 yrs has been a long time and I probably should have left a couple of years ago. It's time to bring in the new and out with the old for guys like me because Political correctness is not my style.

The best advice I could give for future Mods here is if you want to Mod stay away from the Powerwashing orgs and the politics because it's to slippery of a slope to do both. I should know because I've been doing that for...to many years:)

Lastly thanks Rod and especially you Beth for letting me join the TGS team from their inception.

John, you're "Top Shelf", brother.

Not many can boast your accomplishments.

I just want to do my part to keep this a safe and professional forum.

Kris, welcome to TGS, we're glad you're here.

Please complete your signature line, house rules, it's required.

( sorry,..... auto pilot, ...... it's what I do!!!!)

I love my xjet!!!!!!

Clear heads prevail.

It's not the strongest or the smartest, but, the quickest to adapt, that survives!!!!!!!

Peace through sonic distortion.

Thank you Al and Jim. Some need to remember that Mods are just like anyone else here and we are all in the same industry. Our opinion differs from one another, and there is nothing wrong with that. At times I think it's appropriate that moderators moderate other moderators. Especially when an opinion differs from another contractor. But what isn't right is when a moderator forces their beliefs on another (even if they are correct) just because they are a Moderator. I respect each opinion and thought given by anyone, I just don't have to agree with it. Also just because someone is a moderator does not mean you have to feel like you're stepping on eggshells. I am looking forward to this experience as Moderator, but for the time being I am just sitting back watching.

Well said.

Kris, welcome to TGS, we're glad you're here.

Please complete your signature line, house rules, it's required.

( sorry,..... auto pilot, ...... it's what I do!!!!)

I love my xjet!!!!!!

Clear heads prevail.

It's not the strongest or the smartest, but, the quickest to adapt, that survives!!!!!!!

Peace through sonic distortion.

I like that one.