Sign in to follow this  
First Impressions

Trying to res-erect my not so used but not stored well machine from years ago.

Pulled my old washer out after a few years in storage, thought I'd get back to work. Cleaned the fuel system and the carburetor out all new high test gas brand new battery, hooked up the water cranked it up started great. No water. Removed the shroud pump is turning, took apart the un-loader thought that may be hung up, still nothing. I figured next step would be to take apart the pump. That's when I decided to ask for help first any suggestions? Its a general pump ts 1511. I'd sure appreciate some suggestions. Thanks. Dan.

I don't think so, It was in my garage on an inside wall, nothing else did. Wouldn't it at least leak water through? nothing gets through.

If it did I may just get a replacement pump and get this one rebuilt to have a spare as was suggested in another post. hat to do that because there goes all the profits. I was hoping that something may have seized up.

Depending on how long it's been unused, long term you might be better off to remove the head altogether & check it over in detail. Spray some lube on the valves & check the condition of the seals. They may have just perished over time. You know what they say; If you don't use it, you lose it

Ok, must restrain and do things the right way (no channel locks or crescent wrenches). Anyone know the socket needed to pull the cap on a general pump ts- 47 ts 1511? I'll tell ya it's not a 1 1/8" heading back to the store tonight. probably metric taking a tracing shame cant carry a cap into the store. lol.

30 mm or 1 3/16". Please buy a 6 point socket. The caps are cheap and plentiful (I've got a scrap brass bucket full of them), but are a total pain to remove once they're rounded. It usually involves a hammer and chisel.

Ding, Ding, Ding, we have a winner! 1"3/16 may be 30 mm If that's the equivalent . Thanks for your help Guy's this is a long and drawn out event I have it out of my trailer and in a friends shop. Tomorrow will be the day to open it up. I hope this goes well I've really go the itch to get back to it. I'm sure it will go better this time since it will be only part time and I can bid work, instead of begging.

Thanks again, I'll post the findings.

Dan.

Just got home(10:30), 5 out of 6 of the poppets were stuck solid, pushed them in with a a dull scribe they moved with a pop now they move freely last valve was the only one that wasn't frozen shut and that may have come loose when taking it out. Will give it a test tomorrow, neighbors may not have liked firing it up this late. Keeping my fingers crossed. Oh as luck would have it pulled the camera out to take few pics battery crapped out. got on shot of the valve assembly Ill post it as soon as I get the battery charged.

Thanks for all your help.

Dan.

[ATTACH]20324[/ATTACH]

This is the only pic that I was able to get. The red line points to the poppet that was stuck shut, the blue line is the direction pushed with the dull scribe. I set the valve in the cap and pushed down. Hope this helps anyone that has an issue like this. I'm thinking this has to be it I'll post for sure after the test today.

Dan.

post-1071-137772465854_thumb.jpg

All is well with the washer portion, everything back in its place, hooked up the water blew out some nasty black water. But she fired right up, adjusted the unloader she was ready to go to work.

Now on to the next problem.

The Burner, any suggestions It wouldn't fire up I really didn't expect it to but I had my fingers crossed. I'm thinking just like the motor, drain out all that nasty diesel change the fuel filter and flush with perhaps kerosene, drain that and add more to see if that will lite the burner. any special priming procedures?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Dan.

Having never been inside a pump before I was a little worried at just picking something out and applying pressure till it sounds like it broke. Oh well nothing tried noting gained. It went well, the only other thing I would add for anyone else doing this is those valve caps sure aren't torqued to spec at the factory. wow 95.9 ft/lbs I don't think so, I did torque to those specs putting it back. When It cracked loose I thought I broke the cap off.

Dan