Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Healthy Power Washing

Is there something you do to better prepare yourself for the job?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Is there something you do to better prepare yourself for the job?

• Work Out
    • Special Diet
    • Other, explain in thread.

Question

Power Washing of any kind, no matter what your cleaning can be a very physically demanding job and can take a toll on your body.

Is there something you do to better prepare yourself for the job? Do you work out? Eat a certain Diet? Stretch? Take a long bath? Anything?

31 answers to this question

Im really ticked off about that aleve thing, I practically live on advil. But between that, the coffee, and spicy foods, the stomachs about had it.

Used to try to stay in shape but this work is about all I can handle. At 45 Im seriously thinking of hiring some help. Of all the years I lifted weights, Ive never had the muscles Ive got now! I can work photo shop but I cant find a picture of the hulk that I can put my head on. Cant get the tint right.

Hey Craig, I missed that picture when you posted it. Ahhh the good old days. I'm a small guy (about 5'8 190 now) I used to weigh 215 with a 32" waist. I was thick. I'm a genetic mesomorph. I gain muscle very quickly but I can also gain an equal amount of fat if I don't watch my carb intake. I was also on the Vitamin S program for awhile so I built up my muscle level to abnormal levels for a guy my height. Here is a more recent pic. Did someone mention a wheelbarrow full of concrete?

ugly204.jpg

When the weather gets really hot, which it does here in S. Florida, I drink hot tea during the day. The tea raises your body temperature closer to what the ambient or outside temperature is.

The less the temperature difference there is the less you feel the heat. It becomes very comfortable to even on those hot and humid days.

I started my PW business at age 42 and have weighed 185 since my 20's. I don't drink alcohol, do drugs, or live for Fri day night. I feel that some of the PW jobs are workout enough for me. But I do agree with drinking alot of water, gatorade, and not eating heavy. I don't look as buffed as Craig does, but, I feel pretty good for my age. Having a girlfriend in her 20's helps alot too. I noticed that no one has mentioned skin protection. No less than 45 spf for me. I would hate to find out that some of my buds on this site wind up with the "C" word 10 years down the road. Pw is a great way to stay in shape though, for me anyways. Plus worrying about landing jobs burns alot of calories too! Hope everyone is doing fine and staying busy. Send some my way!!!

Take care

Ain't Craig just his alter ego:)

Now I do want to know when your in my area so we can shoot the bull some, if Alan can make it all the better and Carlos, well between all his vacations he has to find a few hours a week to work.

I do believe he does some sort of work, Carlos you do work right? So when you coming down this way?

Alan has been very silent here lately too, hmmm

I recently lost 70 lbs. Even before the weight loss I could work all day without a lot of ill effects. I have been doing this for 15 years now and new guys are constantly amazed that they still cannot keep up with the old man, at 44, good grief.

I am more careful about my diet, but the 8 hour sleep thing usually passes me by.

Scott.