577-Jersey

Just some opinions please....

Question

Hi guys!!

Im new to the forum,looks like a wealth of great info and people.

Anyway I was thinking to get into PW as an extra bonus to my lawn care,,I have a couple jobs lined up already.

I'm using a 2.7 GPM washer($200 CL find laugh all you want lol) I had for these few jobs,,I actually found a tip at HD that will soap up to the peaks(30ft) on two story houses..it works very good from the ground,,then I drilled out the red HP zero tip that everybody says to throw out,,well I made a great rinse tip with it,,the hole is slightly smaller than the soap tip and reaches beautifully up to the peaks,,it takes some time at 2.7 GPM but I will get the jobs done no problem(as long as its not windy lol)once I get the peak rinsed halfway down I switch to the white tip to finish rinse,,I am down streaming with store bought SH and its doing a great job.Also use LA Awesome and a 23ft Mr Long Arm W/brush on gutters that stuff is awesome...lol.

Ok enough of all that hot air and on to my questions,,Im looking to get a new washer,,4 GPM 4200 PSI General pump,the engine is Honda.The washer has a reel with 100' hose.I have read here that Honda and General pumps are pretty much the cats meow.

Can you guys please let me know if this is a decent machine that will help me get these jobs done quicker than my 2.7?

I only plan on doing PW Sept,Oct,Nov,and March,April so I wont be using it all that much.Might get a surface cleaner also...any recommendations of one that would work well on this machine I am interested in?

Here is a link to the machine I am ready to pull the trigger on...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291167565558?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I plan on spending most of the Winter on the forum learning all I can about refinishing,soft washing,and PW.

Maybe one day when I get too old to cut grass and weed whack banks I will just PW,seems like alot less impact on my bones..

Thanks so much for all your help!!!

Tommy :)

Edited by 577-Jersey

10 answers to this question

Tommy,

If you are in NJ, it is not a long drive up to ACR Products, in Easton, Pa.  Look them up and ask for Tom.  Go to:  http://acrproductsinc.com/.

Tom and crew have a ton of experience in both PW service, chems, repairs, and just plain advice.  Use 'em.  That is what they are there for.  I know 1st hand, ACR has been in business as long as Windsor Woodcare.  First and only purveyor for my small business.  They carry nearly everything I need, and we just service exterior wood.

Otherwise, it is a guessing game just starting out.  Thankfully, did not make that mistake.

If you are going to do it, do it right.  Once knowlegeble, online stuff is fine.  Otherwise, you need a mentor.  Start there.

Thank you so much for the speedy reply RPetry!!

I had no idea there was a PW shop over in Easton,,I'm actually right across the bridge in P,burg,,so yes I will give Tom a visit next week,,really looking forward to checking out his shop and all he has to offer,,great that its so close.

Funny thing was I could not find anybody local doing a quick google search for pressure washer dealers by me other than the BB junk,,I already have one of those dont need another...lol

I checked out his site and he sells the same machine I posted in the link,,he can get all those Pressure Pro washers,,maybe he can do a better deal since I am local and will be using him for chems and so forth!!

Thanks Buddy!!

See ya around the forum!!

Tommy :)

Edited by 577-Jersey

Tommy,

You are located in Phillipsburg, NJ?  Holy smokes, you could almost spit to ACR Products.  Thought I had it good here in Ringoes.

I've been doing business with ACR for 13+ years now.  They have been key to keeping me in business.  We're not true pressure washers, but use a fair amount of specialized equipment, various chems, exterior wood stain, etc.  Tom and crew have fabricated custom equipment, maintained PW's, and have just been a terrific partner.  They carry more parts than I had any idea existed.  Highly reccomended.

ACR carries some used, but tested and maintained PW's.  I would suggest visiting and talking with them first.

Thanks once again,,

Sounds like a win win situation for me...

I will keep ya posted,,who knows maybe we will bump shoulders sometime :)

BTW-I'm very familiar with Ringoes,I used to work on the Hunterdon County Road Dept.assistant super of trees,,we always ate breakfast in that Carousel deli,small world.

Edited by 577-Jersey

I would love to buy the pressure washer book but $150 is a little out of my reach right now,,I have to get a few of these small jobs out of the way and save $$ first.Plus the buy link is dead(not highlighted blue),it doesn't click for me?

I spoke with Tom at ACR he is my neighbor,,I am going to the round table in March too learn as well.

Thanks for all your help its been great.

Regards

Tom

Edited by 577-Jersey

I just clicked the banner, and it works fine for me. I'll type it again here.....

http://www.cleanertimes.com/books/bb2015/

You can copy and paste it.

The book is an incredible resource. It's  OVER 500 page s long, and would be a huge asset to you as a newbie.

We wish you the best.

Beth

I bought that book over the summer and even with 20yrs doing my Powerwashing business I still learned a lot from it. Highly recommend it for newbies and long time powerwashers like myself.