Sign in to follow this  
Lou Beach

Frustrated - Venting

Question

Well, I have been looking hard, really hard, the last two months for a used hot water rig to start with this spring and have been very frustrated with the lack of equipment up for sale.

I thought I would have a bonanza based on comments made generally about the availability of used equipment, but there has been absolutely nothing avialble on the forums and ebay close to me.

Everything that has been for sale that meets what I am looking for is too far away to attempt to purchase. For instance, there are two rigs for sale on ebay now, but there both a thousand miles away. I have found this to be the case consistently.

Where are the rigs in Maryland, NJ, Va, NC, Delaware, PA or Ohio for sale?

Its starting to get close to the beginning of the season and I have all my ducks lined up, except for perhaps the most important thing.

The equipment to do jobs with.

I am starting to think I may have to put my own trailer together or just start with a cold water unit out of the back of my truck.

I do not want to spend 10-12 thousand on a new rig just starting out, so I am hoping to find a used rig in the 5 thousand dollar range.

If anyone hears of a hot water unit, on a tandem trailer in that price range, that is reasonable driving distance from Maryland, please let me know.

I thought I would have tons of used equipment to choose from, but so far that avenue has been very disappointing.

Thanks for letting me vent!

58 answers to this question

Henry,

I spoke to John yesterday about his rig. He is a really nice guy and the rig sounds very nice, but he says he has an offer of 10 grand on it, which is more then I am willing to pay.

I offered him 8 grand for it and he will get back to me if his other offers fall through.

Thanks for your help.

Lou

Jon,

I hear you loud and clear about the room for growth on the trailer. I am factoring that into what I eventually end up with.

There does seem to be a lot more action lately with used equipment, so maybe something good and reasonably priced will pop up soon.

Thanks

Lou

Lou,

There was an individual on the board last night that posted a new thread. He was selling his entire outfit...a ton of stuff...for around 6500. Look in the For Sale area of the BBS for his thread.

I dun'no. For around 4k plus shipping you can get a new unit (and warranty) from Delco. Even with the additional essentials it seems to me that one can get new for not much more. Why bother with the used?

To bad the truck is not included as part of that sale, if so I would suggest Lou bid $5000 cash for it but no truck means he has to put out more for one or a trailer and that raises the cost.

The reason so many come on the market now is those that for many reasons did not cut it as pressure washers during the summer to carry over to winter are selling out. And other reasons too but that is the common reason.

Good buys all over coming up Lou so be ready to bid and tow home your rig (s).

I dun'no. For around 4k plus shipping you can get a new unit (and warranty) from Delco. Even with the additional essentials it seems to me that one can get new for not much more. Why bother with the used?

I'd agree here....If the truck were included, it'd be a hell of a deal, but that's not a super deal with the number of hours on the machines, etc. Plus, you'd have to buy a trailer, go get all this stuff, load it up, then get it all hooked up. The nice thing with a used rig (or a new one for that matter) is that it is all set up and ready to wash.

Keep your eyes out for a good used trailer rig...even if you have to drive 1000 miles, so you've lost a couple days. At least you're getting what you want in a rig, saving some money, and not sitting around hoping something pops up in your area.