Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

How many of us ignore injuries?

Do you ignore injuries or get them looked at?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Do you ignore injuries or get them looked at?

• I usually procrastinate a few days
    • I usually procrastinate a few weeks
    • I go to the Doctor right away
    • I don't go to the Doctor

I got to think ing about how important it is that we all take care of ourselves, given the physical nature of our work. Ti's one thing to tell an injured worker to see a Dr., but how many of us take care of ourselves if we are injured in the field ( assuming non-emergency here...not life and death)??

Do you stay off your feet? Take care of your back Or your hands? Shoulders? Knees? Or do you ignore the pain and keep going?

I thought this might be an interesting poll that if we all answer it honestly, could make some of us think about changing a bad habit.... Here's hoping you take good care of yourself!

Beth

I used to...(and sometimes still do...yes I am stubborn) neglect any injuries unless they put me on my back.

Call me a trooper or a goof, but if it doesnt kill me, dont that make me stronger?!

The debate continues...

I know, I need to take better care of myself, wear my PPE, rinse off more frequently, avoid unnecessary exposure and yet I insist on my guys doing it while I dont doesnt set a good example.

I'm going to the corner now...

Rod~

I am invinsible until I die!!!. I am very bad about going to the doc. After 3 years of working on a hotshot crew and doing laborer jobs all my short life pain and fatiuge is just another thing to deal with. But I do need to make myself wear my full PPE because I know if I dont it will come back and bite me.

Richard

I have great health insurance but I don't think they know who I am!

Actually I've had a problem with my arm now for 8 weeks. It's not going away, but darnit, I just don't have the time to see a Doc.

Well I normally put it off but now that I am married she doesnt let me! She'll let me put it off for a day but then she makes me go to the Doc!

I haven't been to the doctor in six years and the last time I went I didn't want to but the my baseball coach made me go to get X-rays (which turned out to be nothing but a sprain). I had a third degree burn on my hand 2 years ago and I didn't go to the doctor for it. It is going to take some serious hurting before I go to a doctor. Maybe that's just me though.

I tend to my injuries as they occur, but only see a doctor if I cannot fix it myself or the outcome will be worse if I do not. I don't have a good example now, but... If I had a gash on the back of my thigh, I whip out the needle and thread. Same thing on my face, I see a doctor. Sinus infection, Eckerds. Pneumonia, doctor. Broken toe, tape. Broken finger, doctor.

I tend to my injuries as they occur, but only see a doctor if I cannot fix it myself or the outcome will be worse if I do not. I don't have a good example now, but... If I had a gash on the back of my thigh, I whip out the needle and thread. Same thing on my face, I see a doctor. Sinus infection, Eckerds. Pneumonia, doctor. Broken toe, tape. Broken finger, doctor.

Now why does the toe get the "shaft" so to speak?....LOL...I thought that was hilarious!

I kinda rate things the same way as pldoolittle. Basically, if it isn't life threatening, life altering, or permanently damaging....i ain't goin to no frickin doc!