Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

Favorite Fast Food?

Do you have a favorite (or favorites) fast food place?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a favorite (or favorites) fast food place?

• McDonalds
    • Burger King
    • Wendy's
    • Arbys
    • Subway
    • Blimpies
    • Jerry's Subs & Pizza
    • Taco Bell
    • Baja Fresh
    • Chipotle
    • Pizza Hut
    • Local mom & pop place - name in thread
    • 7/11
    • Wawa
    • KFC
    • Panera Bread
    • Chik-Fil-A
    • Cluck -U- Chicken
    • Roy Rogers
    • Popeyes
    • Sonic
    • Checkers
    • In n Out Burgers
    • White Castle Burgers
    • Starbucks
    • Krispy Kreme

Question

73 answers to this question

There are no better fast food onions rings than Sonic onion rings.

Yes, Bob, they still have that tall bag of onion rings and the smell still hangs in the vehicle for several days after you order them.

If you ever get to Little Rock we will go around the corner to Sonic and have a brown bag special with tator tots and two large orders of onion rings on the side.

After "Slim Fast"ing for lunch, I may have to do Sonic for my "healthy" meal of the day.

Chuck

Cleaner Times Magazine

Not that its a favorite, but there are plenty of them around and I know where each and every one is...a 7-11.

Great for relieving the contractors blues and filling up on a quick snack (chili dog !)

Rod~

Down here in South Louisiana, we have a sandwich that is called a Po-Boy. It is basically a sub, that is made with french bread. They are made in so many different varieties, from luncheon meat to fried seafood. We have a couple of local hole in the wall places that are excellent. My personal favorite place is a place called Bear's Po-Boy's. They make a po-boy called a ferdie that has my mouth watering right now as I type this. It has hot roast beef (w/ gravy), cajun smoked ham, swiss cheese etc. When you eat one of these, you better bring a bath towel to wipe the drippings from your hands & arms. My other favorite is a fried soft shell crab po-boy. Ay-yee, that's some good grocerie's, yeah. Another traditional local favorite on Monday's is red beans & rice w/ smoked sausage.

Whew, I'm hungry now. Gonna have to go eat some boiled crawfish right now.

Tony, Have any Big Johns Subs in the Detroit area, when I'm in Flint they are a must stop for a cheese steak!

I don't think so, at least none that I remember seeing. And I do try new sub places, cause that's one of my favorite food groups....:)

Around here we a gas stations called Speedway, you can get two hotdogs for a $1. I am usaully at the shop till 9:00 at night those hotdogs are usaully my dinner.

We have Speedways here too. They just started a new program called with a Speedy card. Tracks purchases and allots points. After so many points you can redeem for merchandise....including those gawd awful oscar meyer 2-for-a-buck hot dogs. The only way I can choke those down is to load up the dog with every condiment they have.

If I have to eat something there I get one of those round cheeseburger dogs.

Reminds me of a funny story....one of my workers eats those hot dogs all the time. One time I asked him how in the world he could stand eating those things all the time. He replied "They ain't so bad, and they make a turd".

Gack!

A couple of the places I clean concrete at gives me free food. One of them is Einstein Bagels, I love em' especially the asiago cheese bagel with the shmear.

Oh man... I can't believe I for got to list them! Bagles rock!

Beth

Down here in South Louisiana, we have a sandwich that is called a Po-Boy. It is basically a sub, that is made with french bread. They are made in so many different varieties, from luncheon meat to fried seafood. We have a couple of local hole in the wall places that are excellent. My personal favorite place is a place called Bear's Po-Boy's. They make a po-boy called a ferdie that has my mouth watering right now as I type this. It has hot roast beef (w/ gravy), cajun smoked ham, swiss cheese etc. When you eat one of these, you better bring a bath towel to wipe the drippings from your hands & arms. My other favorite is a fried soft shell crab po-boy. Ay-yee, that's some good grocerie's, yeah. Another traditional local favorite on Monday's is red beans & rice w/ smoked sausage.

Whew, I'm hungry now. Gonna have to go eat some boiled crawfish right now.

There is a very popular local "hole in the wall" here called the Oyster Bar and the Monday special is all you can stuff!! red beans & rice. I guess they picked Monday because it is a Cajun tradition?

Their Tuesday & Thursday special is Shrimp Creole, combine that with an order of fried okra (best in town) and that is one of my favorite choices for lunch. They were just a mile down the street from our former location.

I haven't eaten there since we moved two years ago and may need to make the trip across town soon, I need a fried okra fix. Oh well, time to go get the Slim fast and drink lunch.

Chuck

Cleaner Times Magazine

"Does that okra have flour or cornmeal on it."

Is that a rhetorical question? This is Arkansas, of course the mixture has cornmeal in it.

Bob, when you come through here on your travels to Texas, we will stop around the corner at Sonic and get an order of onion rings to eat on our way to the Oyster Bar for an order of fried okra. You can almost hear your arteries closing down just thinking about it.

This thread started out as favorite fast food and quickly changed to good food.

Chuck

Cleaner Times Magazine

Well some great ideas so far......especially the fried okra, fried green tomatos, po-boys...but again it's a gimme folks....How did you miss it????

Peanut butter and jelly samich...Crunchy only please!!!

bg

We had two Schlotzky's here in town for a few years, then last year I went to eat there, and they were closed. I liked their food, and with the state university amd two other colleges in town, I was very surprised they didn't have enough business. But the sourdough bread was good!

Robert

Hey Bob,

Went across town to the Oyster Bar today and had the Shrimp Po Boy and a side order of Fried Okra. It was good --> real good.

This thread just kept me thinking about it. That can of Slim Fast will just have to wait until Monday.

Chuck

Thanks for bringing up a great subject!! Anyone in the midwest like Penn Station Subs?? Really good.

I am going to start a thread tomorrow on recipies, I am not ashamed to say I am about the best cook I know. I'll pass on some good stuff,

Also going to start a pizza thead,

I am going to start a thread tomorrow on recipies, I am not ashamed to say I am about the best cook I know. I'll pass on some good stuff,

Apparently Jon doesn't get out much.....LOL j/k!