Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

Favorite Fast Food?

Do you have a favorite (or favorites) fast food place?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a favorite (or favorites) fast food place?

• McDonalds
    • Burger King
    • Wendy's
    • Arbys
    • Subway
    • Blimpies
    • Jerry's Subs & Pizza
    • Taco Bell
    • Baja Fresh
    • Chipotle
    • Pizza Hut
    • Local mom & pop place - name in thread
    • 7/11
    • Wawa
    • KFC
    • Panera Bread
    • Chik-Fil-A
    • Cluck -U- Chicken
    • Roy Rogers
    • Popeyes
    • Sonic
    • Checkers
    • In n Out Burgers
    • White Castle Burgers
    • Starbucks
    • Krispy Kreme

Question

73 answers to this question

:) Try my chicago deep dish when I put it up tony, you'll be a believer

Shane, I get the cajun fever about twice a year, make jambalaya or ettoufe or something. I make a couple good pizzas, mainly country cooking stuff, biscuits and gravy, fried chicken, breads, etc. I make some pretty good desserts, pies and cobblers and such, my fav is something called Congo Bars, I'll post here soon.

I am a very good chef- Breakfest ( stuffed fench toast, buttermilk pancakes from scratch ) Grilling everyday starting may one- A "BIG rack of Breast" with my dry rub......

Anybody catch that story on Dateline about the cleanliness of fast food Restaurants?

I'm sure glad my Jack in the Box is at the top of the list for fewest violations! :cool:

Jon,was that up in N.W. ?I kinda remember hearing about that.

That's pretty bad if it takes people to get sick from the food for the restaurants to get their act together!

I grew up working in restaurants so i know the ends and outs of them.That's probally why i would rather stay home and cook my own meal atleast i know it's safe.

I grew up working in restaurants so i know the ends and outs of them.That's probally why i would rather stay home and cook my own meal atleast i know it's saf.

And that would be the exact reason why I don't foresee us ever, ever cleaning hoods! I'm thinking after seeing some of that, I'd never want to eat out again! LOL

Celeste

Anybody catch that story on Dateline about the cleanliness of fast food Restaurants?

I'm sure glad my Jack in the Box is at the top of the list for fewest violations! :cool:

That takes me back to an experience about a year ago when I was still flying 727's freighters (cargo) for a living.

I was on a lay-over in Salt Lake. For dinner I decided to wander down the street to a Wendy's. As I approached I thought cool, the place looks empty and no line. Anyways, approaching the counter I was waited on by an old gal. (Sometimes I don't know whether to think that it's a neat thing these old folks are up an about working or to feel sorry for them because maybe their having to work to survive and aren't enjoying true retirement.)

She took my order of a baked potato and chili. She managed to get the baked potato to me promptly. But as I waited at the counter browsing through a magazine I wondered what's taking that chili so long. Looking up I saw the old gal was sort of leaning over the chile pot. She then turns, comes and places the chili on the counter and promptly vomits all over herself, the counter and my bowl of chili. By golly she had suddenly taken ill!

Fortunately, I hadn't paid yet so I was able to make a clean and quick getaway. As I turned to leave, I said to the gathering line, "I think this is a sign". The funny thing is no one reacted in kind. They must have been really hungery.

I never set foot in that Wendy's on subsequent lay-over's nor any other for quite a long time.

By the way, the Jack in the Box where the people caught the fatal E-coli was in Seattle next to the airport. I used to stay at the adjoining La Quinta. I remember their Fiesta Salads as actually being quite good.

There was also a little old mom and pop place nearby (whose name escapes me) operated by a middle aged Korean couple and their daughter that had killer Teriyaki Chicken.

PBJ's, now thats fast food! Runs out fast too.

Anyone ever tried schlotzky's? Sourdough bread sandwiches!

Rod~

Oh yeah, Schlotzkys is good!

There's a burger place here that's great (best burgers, good chicken, great onion rings) called Whataburger...I know they have them in TX, and they're expanding more and more here in FL. They give Wendy's a run for their money.

Jon,was that up in N.W. ?I kinda remember hearing about that.

That's pretty bad if it takes people to get sick from the food for the restaurants to get their act together!

I grew up working in restaurants so i know the ends and outs of them.That's probally why i would rather stay home and cook my own meal atleast i know it's safe.

Yeah, that happened up in the NW...which is where there are a lot of JITB. They have great food, just had some undercooked burgers. It wasn't a cleanliness issue (and it usually isn't with E. Coli, just undercooked hamburger.) It's happened to other restaurants (I remember subway making some people sick or killing them with bad mayo in their tuna about 13 years ago).

Voted for White Castle, God how I miss them :)

Here In Tampa, we have Krystal, a White Castle knock off, but NOT a good one.

Not even close.

The HOLES in the White Castle Burger allows for Onion Marinated Steam to Permeate the Bun, flavorizing and softening it.'

That is the 'secret'.

Gut Grenades, some call White Castle,, others call it "Poor mans Gourmet Food" :taz:

NEVER take a date to White Castle, and don't eat any on a first date, :lgangry: or it may be your last Date

Everywhere gets old if ya eat there enough...Only reason I goto the MickyD's or BK is for chicken sandwhich or some such to take a break from Wendy's or JB. Around here nobody beats the ease, availability, and economy of the Wendy's or JB. This is of course all in respect to late night quikies while in middle of a route. During day (if with someone) it is sitdown restaurant for me. Once in awhile kfc or Adelbertos during the day but for most part I do my part in tipping waitress. Ya only live once!! :)

Edited by MMI Enterprises

I don't think I have ever had a White Castle burger.... They used to have a place around here called the Little Tavern that made burgers....

Beth

Like a Krystal's burger, but greasier and a bit nastier.

I like boston market.

I LOVE their sirloin and the garlic spinach!!!

Everywhere gets old if ya eat there enough...Only reason I goto the MickyD's or BK is for chicken sandwhich or some such to take a break from Wendy's or JB. Around here nobody beats the ease, availability, and economy of the Wendy's or JB. This is of course all in respect to late night quikies while in middle of a route. During day (if with someone) it is sitdown restaurant for me. Once in awhile kfc or Adelbertos during the day but for most part I do my part in tipping waitress. Ya only live once!! :)

Ahhhhh....Jack in the Box....I sure miss them.