Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

Favorite Fast Food?

Do you have a favorite (or favorites) fast food place?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a favorite (or favorites) fast food place?

• McDonalds
    • Burger King
    • Wendy's
    • Arbys
    • Subway
    • Blimpies
    • Jerry's Subs & Pizza
    • Taco Bell
    • Baja Fresh
    • Chipotle
    • Pizza Hut
    • Local mom & pop place - name in thread
    • 7/11
    • Wawa
    • KFC
    • Panera Bread
    • Chik-Fil-A
    • Cluck -U- Chicken
    • Roy Rogers
    • Popeyes
    • Sonic
    • Checkers
    • In n Out Burgers
    • White Castle Burgers
    • Starbucks
    • Krispy Kreme

Question

73 answers to this question

I actually stop at a local Tortilleria to get some REAL mexican food. The name is Carolina's. The food is incredible, and it is really safe inside the restaurant, all of the cops are inside. It is in one of the worst neighborhoods of Phoenix, though. If I am not in the neighborhood of them, I have about a dozen others on my list of stops. There is a place called Filiberto's that is all over town. They take over the fast food places that the chains could not make it at, and convert them. Usually they are swamped. Carolinas is better though.

Scott

If I am ever in Phoenix, I'll have to try them. Always good to eat at a place the locals like that is not a cookie cutter corporate place. Not that I don't like those too ( I do), but there is something to be said for a mom & pop place. We have a couple really good indian restaurants here that are like that, and a good thai place. I love spicy food.

Beth

I like Sonics since there is alot of them around here. When I'm in St. louis, I like to eat at Fudruckers. They have really good burgers. If I'm after donuts, it has to be Krispy Kreme, fresh out the oven, icing still hot! I know, I chose more than two!

When eating on the go its Sonic they are everywhere. When I am on the west coast its an In and Out. Krispy Kreme doughnuts once a month for me because I get all the doughnuts and coffe I want free when I clean them.

Any So-Cal boys heard of THE HAT they have the best pastrami sandwhices in the world!!! Wow I am hungry now.

Richard

Years ago (circa right after hight school) I worked for a jewish deli for a brief period part time and fell in LOVE with this one sandwich called a Jewish Lover.

To make your own Lover....

1. Two slices of rye or marbled bread, palin, toasted or grilled ( I like toasted)
  2. Take Pastrami, corned beef, provelone and swiss cheese, warmed until the sheese is melted
  3. slather both pieces of bread with 1000 Island dressing
  4. place the warm melted meats and cheese on one of the pieces of bread, and top with creamy cole slaw. Add other piece of bread.

You really need a good pickle on the side....

Enjoy you Jewish Lover!

Beth

And if you have a half sour pickle...they are soooooo good with them. There is a local place here that when you go there, they put a whole bowl of half sours on the table. YUM!

Jim, I love Starbucks too. I also get the beans and have it at home.

Beth

WaWa probably makes the best sub. I also voted for White Castle - there aren't any here in VA, but I grew up with them in NY. As a matter of fact, my mom was a car hop (on roller skates!) at White Castle in the late 50's. "Buy 'em by the sack-full!"

When I am on the west coast its an In and Out. Any So-Cal boys heard of THE HAT they have the best pastrami sandwhices in the world!!! Wow I am hungry now.

Richard

When in Down town, I like http://www.philippes.com/, a favorite since I was a kid.

The Hat, http://www.thehat.com/ is a local place in town for me, and they are good too.

Another favorite where you can overstuff the whole family for twenty bucks is http://www.originaltommys.com/

Baja Fresh prevailed from the list above.

Larry's Giant Subs.. Best subs anywhere. Franchised locally so I'm not sure if anyone else has had the pleasure. I've actually thought about looking into a franchise.

A couple of the places I clean concrete at gives me free food. One of them is Einstein Bagels, I love em' especially the asiago cheese bagel with the shmear.

When I'm on the run and don't bring lunch, I try to stay away from the fried stuff as much as possible. Blimpies, & Subway are better choices to get at least half-way healthy lunches.

Is this thread making anyone else hungry besides me? I feel like ai am gaining weight just reading it! But boy, is it fun...you have to love good food.

Bob, you make me remember a place here that is a mom & pop hole in the wall that serve killer steak and cheese. I have not been there in far too long. Might have to make a road trip of it. Anyone in Bethesda Maryland should check out Philladelphia Mike's on 355 ( Wisconsin Ave.). The subs rock. I remember in highschool there was another place, sadly it has long since closed, but many was the day I woud go there after school for a small snack before dinner - full sized steak and cheese sub. (L,t,m,o, hots)

Beth

When I'm on the road w/less than 5 bucks in my pocket, the most bang for the buck is at Wendy's. A baked potato w/sour cream & chive, a bowel of chili and a cup of ice water. It's good, good for ya and only 2 bucks plus tax and I'm full.

Here in Houston we have Jack in the Box...Ultimate cheesebuger rules!

Oh yeah we also have Whataburger here also...Outlaw knows what i'm talking about :cool:

Ya Shane I was raised in Waco, TX. As a kid it was always Sonic & Whataburger. I have not ate a Sonic for years though, do they still have that tall bag of onion rings? If ever in Waco they have a burger joint called Captain Billy Wizbang they have the best burgers I have ever had!

Oh ya Rob Sonic still has those big ole bags of onion rings :cool:

I'll keep that in mind about Capt Billy Wizbangs if i'm ever in Waco.

We also have a little whole in the wall diner called Mel's Country Cafe in Tomball.They have a hamburger called the MEGA MEL!!

The burger is 1&1/2 lb.of ground beef,1lb. of bacon,1/4 lb.of American cheese All the trimmings and then some.If you eat this one within 2 hours your name and picture goes on the Mega Mel's wall of fame! $14.95....ANYBODY HUNGRY???