Sign in to follow this  
The Rob

Guns vs. Doctors

Question

Guns vs. Doctors

A: The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.

B: Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000

accidental deaths per physician is 0.171 per year.

Now consider this:

A: The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000.

B: The number of accidental gun deaths per year (all age groups) is

The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is 0.000188 per year.

Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous

than gun owners.

Remember, "Guns don't kill people, doctors do!"

FACT: Not everyone has a gun, but almost everyone has at least one

doctor.

Please alert your friends to this alarming threat.

We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand.

If this is true??????? Where are all the anti-Doctor nuts at?

24 answers to this question

I am not ashamed to admit I own a gun, or two but I am sick and tired of having those anti-gun haters blaming guns rather then sick minds for the killings.

I mean not once have I ever witnessed one of my guns walking out at night to go shooting people.

Yet I am in that class that is considered a CRIMINAL just for owning a gun.

Besides I got mine legally, not out of a back alley in a gang neighborhood.

And my doctor owns a gun too!

I am an avid hunter, shooter and own many firearms. I grew up around firearms and my father showed me and my family the safe, proper and responsible way to handle and shoot firearms. Guns dont kill, people kill, they squeze the trigger. I am a proud firearms owner with the utmost respect for them. If you ban guns, owners like Jon and myself, law abiding ctizens, wont have them becasue its the law, But I gurantee crimanals will still have them and get them and use them.

What got me on that roll I dont know, Completey off topic LOL. Sorry

Richard

GUN CONTROL IS STEADY HANDS

With all due respect to the poster (I know you didn't write that, A.D.Q) that is ridiculous. A gun may be in human contact two times per year on average. A doctor makes human contact professionally 2000 times per year and the people he sees are already high risk. Guns are made to injure, maim or kill..Now where's my Armalube? My Walther stainless is looking a little dull.

I own several. I hate hunting (don't like the mess of cleaning up afterwards). I carry mine almost all the time (concealed weapons permit) and never has it jumped out of my holster and shot a store clerk. I'm sure that it has been a deterrent to others who might have wanted to, though. Just think, if EVERYONE had a gun and it was legal to shoot people committing crimes, there would be no public crime.

C'mon Ryan, I know (I hope) you're joking. I don't know about Hampton, GA but I will give you a tour through North Philadelphia where your sidearm will do little but offer challenge to those that are sure they are faster and more accurate with a gun. They are certainly going to be more ruthless and relentless, I can assure you that.

With your last statement are you saying you would be okay with someone shooting your son if they saw him throw at an egg at a passing car? YOU may be responsible with a gun but I find most people I meet unstable. I worry as it is that some clown might hop out his car and shoot me because he percieves that I cut him off.

Places off-limits while carrying

Date updated: Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Georgia Code 16-11-127 A person is guilty of a misdemeanor when he carries

To or while at a public gathering any explosive compound, firearm, or knife designed for the purpose of offense and defense.

(b) For the purpose of this Code section, "public gathering" shall include, but shall not be limited to, athletic or sporting events, churches or church functions, political rallies or functions, publicly owned or operated buildings, or establishments at which alcoholic beverages are sold for consumption on the premises. Nothing in this Code section shall otherwise prohibit the carrying of a firearm in any other public place by a person licensed or permitted to carry such firearm by this part.

A concealed weapons permit in Ga. has strict limitations on carrying a gun in public.This is just a small section of the code for a concealed weapons permit in ga.I own several handguns and have one close by most times but I rarely have one on my person.Check out this site for details http://www.packing.org/state/index.jsp/georgia

I've never owned gun, but I have thought about it. Not because of any threat connected to where I live or where I work, but mainly just to keep in the event that the s**t were to hit the fan and chaos were to break out. I think it would be good idea to have at least a little insurance for my family and I in a desperate situation.

Pressure,

It was more tongue in cheek, but I am in favor of *trained* citizens carrying.

Scott,

I have scoured the entire O.C.G.A. (valid only in GA, so others may not be interested in this) and can tell you that the weapons law is left intentionally ambiguous. This is one area of the law where the incident is solely up to the discretion of the officer and judge. "Public place" is precisely defined as a place owned and operated by the public; in the case of GA, the "public" is a government owned property. Grocery stores do not count. Malls do not count, etc. I have taken mine into every place except sporting events, government buildings (except post office where I'm not too concerned), and bars and airports. I've taken them into movie theaters and spoken with the officers there and even though the law *can* be interpreted to prohibit them there, they admit that they don't blame me for having it and as long as I don't start waving it around then they have no problem with it. Private property (business) owners do have a right to prohibit it on their property. I've spoken with police, judges, lawyers, city officials, court clerks, etc. and have a very good idea of what you can and can't do. Call me sometime if you want any info on our state.

Now this might not have anything directly to do with pressure washing but sure is nice to know others feel as I do.

California CCP laws are up to each county and some make it pretty hard to qualify, first a long list of papers to fill out, full background check which you pay for, then you have to qualify with the firearm you want to carry so if you have say a 9mm, 45 auto, 38 snub nose, 32 cal. or a 44 mag you cannot have a permit for all so pick one. (I am not sure if their is a list of legal guns not allowed for CCP)

Then before you qualify another part of the background check is the city you live in, the police chief there has to ok it, if he for whatever reason says NO forget the permit.

Guns are the same as many other things. If they are not owned responsibly, it can hurt or kill someone.

Guns like many other things do not do the act itself, without someone operating it. Banning guns is not the answer, strict screening of the people who buy them is. Sure people will get them illegally, but people steal cars and kill with them to, so should they ban automobiles as well?

Simple thing is be responsible.

Some of these anti-gun radicals act like guns are the only thing that kills. People were killing each other long before guns were invented. Guns are like any piece of equipment, if not handled right and treated with respect then they can be deadly. As Alan pointed out, people steal cars and kill with them. If you want to kill someone, then there are many ways to do so. Guns are probably the easiest to kill with, but by no means the only thing to do so with.

Robert

Hey since there really is nothing safe, I mean food can kill you too if you eat to much perhaps if we ban life then there will be no problem.

Ok so I am extreme here but alcohol, cigs, dairy products, you name it it is bad for us.

One side says fish is good for the body then the other side says fish has things that are bad for the body, go figure.

No names mentioned but one of those big name ban the gun females lives here in CA, we have two of them but one has a CCP, so why is it ok for her to own and carry but not the rest of us?

Hey since there really is nothing safe, I mean food can kill you too if you eat to much perhaps if we ban life then there will be no problem.

Ok so I am extreme here but alcohol, cigs, dairy products, you name it it is bad for us.

One side says fish is good for the body then the other side says fish has things that are bad for the body, go figure.

No names mentioned but one of those big name ban the gun females lives here in CA, we have two of them but one has a CCP, so why is it ok for her to own and carry but not the rest of us?

because she thinks that she is better and smarter than the rest of the Cali folks..... as I'm typing this, your Cali Govenator is blowing everything up in Predator.... American Movie Classic channel

You can't regulate Responsiblity and hope for the best . But we can regulate weapons so they don't get in the hands of the irresponsible. Guns are made to kill cars are made to drive.

I don't see no way of regulating guns to keep them away from the irresponsible/criminal. Regulating guns will probably keep them from the responsible law abiding citizen, but not the irresponsible criminal. A comparison would be that locks keep out the dishonest, but that is not true. Locks keep out the honest person, but hardly ever the dishonest criminal. I think gun regulation would be along the line, working for the responsible, not the irresponsible. As far as guns and cars, which one kills more people every day in the U.S.? I don't know, was just wondering.

Robert

Guns are made to kill cars are made to drive.

And what about alcohol and tobacco and drugs?

I suppose I could think of many things but what real purpose does alcohol serve other then to get a high or drunk?

Here is something to think about, 95% of all drunk driving accidents kill peopl in the other car but the drunk lives because he or she is so relaxed when they crash the body takes little beating compared to those in the other car who are fully alert.

Uh oh I need to run as I see someone with a 2x4 coming after me because I said take his daily 6 pack away. He is about to kill me what that piece of wood, HELP.

GUNS ARE MADE TO KILL-

What about the very expensive, heavy, extremly accurate target rifles, they were MADE for target shooting, a very popular past time and olympic event. What about competition shooting on ranges where the weapons you use are MADE and customized for your particular event. I knew this thread would get good.

Richard

I have Police Officer's and hunters in my family- Laws are not intended for people who do it for sport or target shoot- DWI laws get tuffer every year. Do you want some guy next door to have 10 M-16 in his house. Who here would feel a negative effect of stricter gun laws ?

I would feel fine if he was responsible and safe with them. All gun owners feel the effects of stricter laws.

Stricter laws might mean more classes to attend if you want to buy another gun ,which means more time out of my busy day and higher taxes somewhere to pay for the instructor unless its money right out of my pocket, Negative Effect, YES.

Stricter laws might mean that perhaps I can have only a certain number of firearms. I have a number of firearms and will continue to build my collection for my pleasure and to pass them down to my sons and daughters Negative Effect on me YES.

Stricter laws would mean and they tried this one. Put shelf lifes on primers that one would use for reloading his own ammuntoin and make getting reloading components very difficult. I am an avid reloader, grew up that way and will remain that way. Negative Effect, Yes.

The list could go on.

People dont understand Stricter gun laws only affect the law abiding citizens of this country. They are the ones who obey the law, criminals dont.

Richard

James I too have peace officers in the family, both the wife's brothers are police officers, one of my cousins worked for The Company, another was a Military Attaché' and I have had friends who are police officers or MPs.

Not one believes stricter gun laws will reduce crime but it will reduce our chances to protect our families.

I am totally sick of all the do gooders who think they know what is best for ME; I know better what is best for me.

I do not tell others what they can or cannot own and I expect the same back to me.

I do not hunt, do not believe in killing just for the sport of it yet I do not condemn those that do as long as they take home and eat what they kill.

I would never point a gun at something or someone unless I intend to use it but I would make darn sure that the person knows it is loaded and that I am not afraid to use it if I must to protect my family and self.

You are as we all know entitled to your opinion and I respect that just as we are all entitled to ours.

California wants a law passed saying we must register and sign for shell, every bullet we buy, every pound of powder those that reload buys, in other words they want to know every damn thing we do.

ENOUGH BIG BROTHER ALREADY, leave me along I am fine and know how to take care of myself.

Live and let live.

Every gun law and anti-crime bill that has been written has been a HUGE failure...... we don't need more laws, we need to let the Police do their jobs, get the prosecuters and judges to do theirs.............. Enforce the darn laws we already have and stop letting the nut job California politicians dictate what this nation does.

The city of Chicago has about the most ridiculous gun laws.... you (a citizen) can NOT own, possess, carry or even think about a handgun.... READ CORRECT- nobody except the Police can legally OWN a handgun in the city......that law has done wonders for the gang homicide totals here....NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!