Sign in to follow this  
Adrian

Need Ball Valve advice, please.

I would like to put a ball valve on the end of my hose for quick change from wand to hydra scrubber. I know that a ball valve has a psi rating. I need to get a b.v. that is compatible with my pw unit. Here's some simple specs on pw unit. 9hp honda 3200 psi 3gpm. I have seen only b.v's as high as 600 psi. I'm thinking that will be sufficient for my "big rig". Tell me if i'm wrong, please. But I am pretty sure I don't need a b.v. that has equal psi rating as my pw unit. I am not a mathematician either so a simple yes or no or suggestion works for me, as I could easily become confused with all of the comparative formulas some of you "Wizards of Old" may throw my way. I have not seen a psi rating over 600 for any ball valves used in this type of application.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Adrian

Don is correct. The 600 psi ballvalve you are looking at will fail virtually instantly. At the very least it places a very unsafe component in your loop.

High pressure ball valves are available at just about any mail/web order pw supply house or if you are looking locally, Sun Brite Supply over in Lawrenceville has them in stock.

I would like to put a ball valve on the end of my hose for quick change from wand to hydra scrubber. I know that a ball valve has a psi rating. I need to get a b.v. that is compatible with my pw unit. Here's some simple specs on pw unit. 9hp honda 3200 psi 3gpm. I have seen only b.v's as high as 600 psi. I'm thinking that will be sufficient for my "big rig". Tell me if i'm wrong, please. But I am pretty sure I don't need a b.v. that has equal psi rating as my pw unit. I am not a mathematician either so a simple yes or no or suggestion works for me, as I could easily become confused with all of the comparative formulas some of you "Wizards of Old" may throw my way. I have not seen a psi rating over 600 for any ball valves used in this type of application.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Adrian

You'd be better off plubming your SC to fit your gun. Much faster and lighter. Call me. You know the #.

I will never understand why people insist that a BV adds so much extra weight.Give me a break the thing at best weighs 1 pound.

My wife woks with me daily and she never complains that the weight of the BV is killing her when she is using the surface cleaner or wand.I'm a big guy so I don't notice any difference.

For me, its not the weight of the ball valve that bothers me, but instead the fact that it inhibits the movement and flexability of the wand and the hose.

whip hoses don't work either cuss' now instead of having the ball valve getting in the way up at the gun it bangs around a ft. away from the gun. the only time I use a ball vavle is when going from gun to surface cleaner and I can ad the ball valve without having to turn off the machine.

Gimme a break!

I suppose you could just stay home and have someone else do it. If it's not xjet hoses someone is whining about, it's a ball valve. Obviously summer is in full effect and the heat is taking it's toll. Maybe one day we can have stainless steel robots that do it all for us.

:lgmoneyey

While machine is still running:

take the tip off the gun, press the trigger, release the coupling, open ball valve, attach ball valve to hose, close ball valve and hook up to machine. Now is'nt that easier than lugging the ball valve around for the 90% of the time that you don't need it.

While machine is running:

close ball valve, remove from surface cleaner, open ball valve, remove ball valve by releasing coupling, hold trigger of gun open (without tip), open coupling and push hose plug into gun, let go of trigger.

This whole process only takes about 10 seconds once you get used to it.

Of course if you were running hot water, which I don't, then you might have a problem trying this method.

While machine is still running:

take the tip off the gun, press the trigger, release the coupling, open ball valve, attach ball valve to hose, close ball valve and hook up to machine. Now is'nt that easier than lugging the ball valve around for the 90% of the time that you don't need it.

1 question:Where do you keep the ball valve until you need it?

Lets say I'm doing a house with a back porch which I will be washing as well. I will bring the surface cleaner and the ball valve to the location and leave them there until I'm ready to use them then, when finished, I disconnect it and take it to the next location that I will be using the surface cleaner, such as the driveway. The only reason I do it this way is because why ad anything to the process that isn't completly neccessary.

whats more hassle, carring a ball valve in my hand a hundred feet (while carring a surface cleaner anyways) or holding it over my head while washing a house for three hours.

The same reason that you might turn your A/C on while driving to the job, rather than rolling down the window. I'm done......Ever thought about getting a hot water machine or is it too much trouble too?

:lgbow::lgbounces

All this time I thought using it inline was the easy way(it is for me at least).I guess when you are big enough to sell shade like me you just dont notice the extra weight.

Ever thought about getting a hot water machine or is it too much trouble too?

Yeah, thought about it. but why buy a hot water machine when 90% of the work I do is residential, which despite what other think, doesn't require hot water. Or should I get one just to look like a big shot just like the wave of wanna be's that buy there fancy "waste of money" rigs in the spring, and then end up calling me in the fall to see if I want to take it off their hands. No thanks. I'll consider it when the time is right, but for now I'm fine just where I'm at.