Sign in to follow this  
Mike

How is your 2005 season going?

How is your 2005 season going?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. How is your 2005 season going?

• GREAT! Better then expected!
    • Very Good! A little better then expected.
    • Good! Right on schedule.
    • OK. A little less then expected.
    • There are some things I need to improve on.
    • Not sure, we're in a wait and see mode.

Question

13 answers to this question

Mar-June rocked. July slowed, and August sucks.

The net result is mixed. Better revenue than last year, but much lower than plan for this year. Expenses rose as a result of growth, so profits are flat despite a large increase in sales.

Crazy, trying to move and work my 40 hour a week job and pressure wash in the evenings is driving me nuts. Had to take my add out of the local paper so I could stop and breath. Things should get back to normal when I close on my old house today. Boy, I sure wine alot.

Crazy, trying to move and work my 40 hour a week job and pressure wash in the evenings is driving me nuts. Had to take my add out of the local paper so I could stop and breath. Things should get back to normal when I close on my old house today. Boy, I sure wine alot.

Nah, you just have a ton of stuff on your plate... I can completely relate. I go back and re-read some of my posts and think, damn I must have been in a bad mood, sometimes you have those days (weeks, months). At least you know you can handle whatever stress that business ownership can throw at you.

Do you plan on going full time? (From what I have read from you, I think you'd do very well and I know you have been around for awhile)

Full time is not in my future plans as of now, but things can change in an instant. I began this business because of the present company I have worked at for over 25 years, looked like it may be going under, so I wanted a business to fall back on. I have enjoyed the challenge of starting a business, and because of all the help from the people on this site, things have gone very well.

I will never say never, because I am entertaining going full time if this company offers early retirement packages this december. Thanks Ken for the support.

Things are excellent. We even started up a coatings buisness this year and it's off and running too. Last month was one of the best ever and next month is already booked to be even better! Hey- after working my azz off for 30 years a little innovation is starting to pay off.