Sign in to follow this  
C & T Pressure Washing

should i buy the x-jet????????

Originally posted by C & T Pressure Washing

I don't remember now. But i can't stand the x-jet, don't think it cleans has good as everyone says.

Well, since you can not stand the x-jet I will give you a dollar for it and pay actual shipping , so as to take it off your hands. Do we have a deal?

I'll give you $3.00...

BTW, the XJ doesn't clean...the chems clean...the XJ is simply a way to apply (and for some, to rinse) the chemicals. Personally, I don't rinse with the XJ most of the time...I use a zero degree 20 or 30 tip. It has at least as much range as the XJ, and gives a more concentrated pattern.

I love the XJ, I just hate dragging buckets around. I've seen where some folks place their buckets strategically around the house so they don't drag buckets, but that doesn't work for me, as I have my hose clamped to my bucket...keeps the hose from pulling out, and keeps the strainer sitting on the bottom of the bucket. That, and a lot of my work is condos, so you're not just washing a 2000 sf rectangular home where you can place buckets at the corners of the house. It's also a pain dragging the bucket the wand, and the hose through some of the wooded areas behind some of these buildings.

Enough griping, I still love the XJ. However, I'm debating going to a shur-flo pump on a hand truck, or at the very least, mixing my chems in a 15 gallon container on a handtruck and using the XJ with that.

WOW this thread keeps going and going and going and going. Tell me what you use to clean a house? cuz the x-junk doesn't clean like I want it too. It Will not clean the BIG SIDE OF THE HOUSE, you know what i'm saying???????? ( the side that seems to go up and up and up ) That extension pole is a BIG PAIN IN THE #$^$ Thank you for all the comments

I use the XJet to apply chems to a house, along with a zero degree .20 tip to rinse.

I think I already said this once, but keep in mind that the XJ is only a delivery system for chems, and for some, and rinsing system. The chems do the cleaning. Maybe you need to try some new chems?

There are many good products out there that will take care of your house siding cleaning needs. Here are a few that I know work well:

- AllBrite (www.SunBriteSupply.com)

- Ripper I (www.Hotsy.com)

- Limonene (www.EnviroSpec.com)

- R-109 or DNB-1430 (www.DCS1.com)

- RPC-226 CitraCleen (www.RowlettPressure.com)

You'll have to find what works well for you including overall cost after shipping.

8.5 gpm, 15 degree (not 65) 40 size tip, down streem, 50 gallons chlorine mixed with 5 gallons r109 1 cup dish soap, mix all your chemicals and leave them on the trailer. Use no more than 150ft of high pressure hose. At 8.5 gpm your chemicals are there in half the time and gone in half the time( about 7 sec.) drill out a o degree for anything over 2 stories. use a 20 size 15 degree for rinsing, the 20 is just large enough to stop the chemical pull at 8.5 gpm. you will wash a house in half the time with half the hassel....if all you have is a 5.5 gpm buy a 3 or 4 gpm and run the two together into one large vol unloader like the 2140.

I am new to this sight and it looks like a good place for people who do pressure washing to share information. I am glad to see the depth of experience in the trade represented here.

Could someone please post the proportioner ratio chart for the X-Jet. I have misplaced mine.

Edward