Sign in to follow this  
PressurePros

Here is what I compete against

Question

A guy called me last week and asked me to look at his house and see if I could remove some rust. When I looked at the house I knew I could make the whole thing better. This was done by my biggest competitor.

them.jpg

Two step process...my housewash followed by an acid blend.

us.jpg

9 answers to this question

was your acid blend brushed on or were you able to xjet or downstream the chems on the house and rinse? I have a house to do this week that looks similar and I might be ok just using s.h.12%. But I may need to use your method. It is a stucco finish on the house I am about to do. Glad I looked at this post.

It's probably not real smart on my part to answer the question about acids because if you aren't careful what you blend you are absolutely begging for serious injury. The acid blend is made up of phosphoric, oxallic, ammonium biflouride and a wetting agent. It is an in-house blend I get from my local chem company. The acid is applied via Shurflo and extension wand. Tough spots are brushed.

John, we spent seven hours on the housewash. Tuesday we go back to clean and seal the flagstone steps, a 16x16 flagstone patio, and prep his garage floor for Rustoleum epoxy. I'll make sure those risers shine for you.

:juggle:

The acid blend is made up of phosphoric, oxallic, ammonium biflouride and a wetting agent. It is an in-house blend I get from my local chem company.

Care to share your supplier? I run into this alot and have been very timid about using any type acid on stucco for fear of scarring the substrate.